OK, so this isn't officially in most of your statistical spreadsheets but if you stop and truly think about it...it's there. I call it EPD: Entertainment Per Dollar.

I consciously or subconsciously factor this in to my wagers. It has many subcomponents which can be simple as the game being on local TV, how entertaining the marquee players are, the 'buzz' around a certain team, the impact on conference standings or the outcome of bowl parings.

Yes, I use research, stats, and anything else I can use to cap a game, but I rarely bet a game that involves boring or obscure teams, implications, coaches, or situations.

Here are a few rules of extracting maximum EPD (Entertainment Per Dollar) from your college football games:

1. If your betting friends bet the opposite as you and you win your EPD is substantially raised not only during the game but after
2. When in doubt, bet the over, its never over
3. Never bet on a school with the word "Middle" in its name
4. Never bet on a school that has two directions in its name
5. If Brent Musberger is calling the game make sure the matchup would be just as exciting with the volume turned down
6. If you can bet the side and the total in the same game you can actually double your EPD, thus extracting more value per minute watched

and finally...
7. Never bet on a game involving Penn State