MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

Public is going to get absolutely rinsed tonight...

Take sjst plus the points

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

analysis?

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

don't expect analysis. These guys just throw out their opinions with no proof so if it happens they can say "i told you so." That being said, if you want to take into account previous matchups and reverse line movement, SJSU is the play. This goes against my thinking, as I like teams coming off the bye week, So if anything I'd play the over. seems more reasonable if you want to compare it to last nights SDSU/AF tilt.

spladle08

yeah I had the over last night, didnt trust AF at all... that said, I dont trust SJSU to get over 25... could easily see a 35-14 score or something like that... I like the over but I like the cover as well and already have it locked in for 2u... meh I will hope for a game similar to USC especially since SJSU's RB is out right?

MasterP10

flocko76- I bet for money, not for bragging rights. I will give you my opinion on the game soon.

flocko76

Quote Originally Posted by spladle08 View Post
    I will hope for a game similar to USC especially since SJSU's RB is out right?
    I heard its a game time decision.

flocko76

It is homecoming at sjsu, if it matters.

spladle08

meh, I don't too much weight into being overly excited (for HC). I think it provides motivation for the homecoming team as well as for the visitor..... "why did they schedule us for homecoming... do they think it is guaranteed they will beat us"

guy Fawkes
    guy Fawkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I give homecoming weight in small games like this. Insures fans will be in the seats. Now for teams like LSU, 'Bama, OU, etc I don't think the players even know its homecoming half the time. Even the worst teams have homecomings, they just don't win them.

I'm still on Hawaii here. I think people are over-analyzing Hawaii and not looking into SJSU as much.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Hawaii did travel to Vegas and lose to UNLV but c'mon, you go to Vegas to party, not play football and the game reflected that.

after a home game against a patsy team, they traveled down to La Tech and won easily on the road there so while this isn't a cappers dream game, I do think the Rainbows are the better team and will be focused enough on football tonight to win this game by a TD or more. They were open last week so should be well rested and ready to play tonight.

MasterP10

Vegas doesn't give gifts back to back nights not very often and tonight is no exception. Last night the gift was USC. I'm still trying to figure out what people saw in Cal. Anyway, Hawaii could win tonight, they could win by 30 and we can say that about any game between any two teams. Lets just consider a couple things before we rush to the betting window as we count the winnings in are head before the game even starts. Hawaii has played col, wash, unlv, uc davis and la tech. Sjst has played the tougher schedule playing standford, ucla,nevada new mx st, col st and byu. This sjst team only won 1 game last yr, they have already double that and they will give opponents a much tougher game then they used to. I think that's why we get value backing an underated san jose st team. The same cant be said about Hawaii as most of the stats from last yr and have declined. They finished 1st overall last yr in passing, currently they sit at 18 and are only averaging 6.9 yards per pass attempt. Sj stats might not be much better but considering playing tougher competition I would say these teams are pretty even. I think tonights game will be much closer then people think. Take the Spartans in a game that comes down to the wire. GL!

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    It is homecoming at sjsu, if it matters.
    The whole month of October is homecoming for SJSU, this will be one of three homecoming games. Regardless, its a nationally televised game. Both teams should be up for it tonight. Expect Hawaii to be focused after coming off a bye week. Their mantra during practices... "WAC Champs".

Hawaii's problems on offense seems to have sorted themselves out after the UC Davis game and they have opened up their passing with deeper routes which is reflected in more passes being completed to Royce Pollard. Opening up things more with their option run game also will have the Spartans something else to worry about other than Hawaii's pass happy offense. They have also implemented a hurry up no-huddle offense for the first time this season against La Tech. Expect to see some of that also. Hawaii's O-line is young and can be exploited. SJSU will need to get to Moniz and pressure him all night. Moniz hasn't been intercepted in his last 135 attempts.

Offensively, the Spartans will need long sustainable drives that keep Hawaii's offense off the field. A successful running game will be imperative otherwise look for the defense to be aggresive and get a few turnovers. The Spartans star running back is listed as the starter but is still considered questionable for tonight's game with a sprained ankle. Hawaii's interior defensive linemen have been stout this season, stuffing any runs coming up the middle. Hawaii's game plan is to stuff the run and clog the passing lanes. If there's any weakness to their defense, it would be speed around the edges and big physical receivers. If they try running up the middle, it'll be a long night for SJSU. To win and cover the spread, SJSU will have to throw the ball and/or use alot of mis-direction in their run plays. Look for Hawaii to come out aggresively on offense and try to take it to the Spartans. Just my thoughts on the game.

Hawaii averages 37.2 pts/g, 6.1 yds/play offensively, giving up 5.1 yds/play, w/ Moniz holding a rating of 150.7. SJSU averages 20.3 pts/g, 5.1 yds/play offensively, giving up 6.0 yds/play defensively, w/ Faulkner holding a 126.4 rating. Hawaii is ranked 8th in passing, 17th in rush D, and 72nd in pass def. SJSU is ranked 75th in passing, 65th in rush O, and 56th in pass def. Like everyone else is saying, on paper, Hawaii should dominate. 84% of the public on Hawaii and I still believe the public will win again tonight.