70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Two plays this weekend

Tulsa -21

Tulsa have had the #1 overall most difficult SOS in all of college football up to this point, yet their running backs have averaged 6.3 YPC and Kinne has a QB rating of 142.2. And that schedule includes Oklahoma and Boise St., two defensive powerhouses. UAB are at the bottom of every relevant defensive statistical category and don't have the offense to put up much points against anyone (average only 11.8 pts a game against a pretty decent but not overly difficult SOS). I expect Tulsa to to have no problem scoring points, and should be able to use their great running game against UAB's weak rushing defense to run up the score in the 2nd half. Tulsa wins by 30+ in my opinion.

Georgia / Vanderbilt Under 41

Two rush heavy teams (and not great rushing teams at that, both under 4 YPC) against a Georgia defense that averages 2.8 YPC against and Vanderbilt defense that averages 3.0 YPC against. So expect the clock to be moving constantly in this one. Georgia and Vandy's defense's are both at the top of list in passer rating against as well. Vandy have scored 3 points total in their last two games combined, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in single digits again this week. Georgia's #1 WR is out this week which should also help. I have this one capped at 30.8.
    Last edited by 70kgman; 10-14-11 at 02:41 AM.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

UAB has not won a game this season, but has covered the last three ATS. Tulsa got destroyed by three Top10 teams, and has defeated a 2-4 Tulane team and a 1-5 North Texas team. They are 2-3 ATS. There are too many unknowns here for me to give 21 points. Tulsa is not that good of a team. Tulsa wins this game, but covering 21 is a totally different story.

I agree with Georgia-Vandy, but so do most people. I am surprised that the total is still that high.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    UAB has not won a game this season, but has covered the last three ATS. Tulsa got destroyed by three Top10 teams, and has defeated a 2-4 Tulane team and a 1-5 North Texas team. They are 2-3 ATS. There are too many unknowns here for me to give 21 points. Tulsa is not that good of a team. Tulsa wins this game, but covering 21 is a totally different story.
    Tulsa is supposed to get destroyed by top 10 teams. They are good, but not anywhere near good enough to compete with top 10 teams defensively. They still covered against Boise by multiple possessions two weeks ago, and the North Texas final score last week is a bit misleading, Tulsa were winning 41-3 after 3 quarters, then put in a lot of back-ups and eased their foot off the gas pedal in the 4th and got outscored 21-0 in that final quarter with a few late meaningless scores. I don't expect that to happen again, UAB aren't even offensively competent enough to pull that off. p.s and even though North Texas are 1-5, they are still a double digit spread better than UAB in my opinion.