darkside99
    darkside99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas vs Ohio St.

who do you guys like? I love Texas and I think they'll win big. I can't see Ohio St keeping up with the Texas offence. Colt McCoy is a stud.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

Texas has faces ZERO. count em. ZERO top 50 defenses. The best they faced was Oklahoma at 66th.

OSU has faced 4 or 5 top 25, (TWENTY FIVE, not top 50).

OSU outright imo or within 3

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Dfjay9, you are on the money. Take the points!

BigTuna
    BigTuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1010

Bennie Wells is a tough runner also.... not sure if they had any studs like him in the Big XII

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Texas by 38.

Kronc
    Kronc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Right now I think I like Ohio St +8

jagmaster
    jagmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Texas by 38.
    The big 12 teams everyone talked about all year what has happened to them in bowl games.

Okie St gets beat down when they play a team that a so so defense and good offense in oregon.
    Texas Tech also catches a beating by a team with a good defense and good offense in ole miss

So what will happen to a Texas team with no defense when they take on a Ohio St team with a good defense and a offense that should have no problem moving the ball onTexas. The best defense Texas has face is Okie St not even in the same class as ohio st they just gave up 35 in the 2nd half to oregon. If thats not enough to take the 8 points with Ohio st I have 2 more reasons. The line starts out at Tex -10.5 they have 80% of the money on them and the line is now -8 in my betting world thats a red flag, vegas would love for all the squares to load up a little more on Texas. Last but not least, Texas thinks they should be in championship game not this one and we all seen what happened to Bama when they wanted to be in a different game. Ohio st has had to listen to how bad Texas is going to beat them for a month. I guess they will get their chance tomorrow. Take Ohio St getting more than a touchdown.

BelieveTheHype
    Boom.
    BelieveTheHype's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State sucks, sorry. Their offense is not good enough to keep up with Texas.

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheHype View Post
    Ohio State sucks, sorry. Their offense is not good enough to keep up with Texas.
    Thats the easy way out...you don't have to be a genius to know that you don't make money gambling..is that how you cap your games? they suck, they won't win.

Think about this fellas...look at Ohio States last 5 games as opposed to the Longhorns...as far as the strengths of Ohio St's game is concerned, they played them to a T..barring the loss to a GREAT PSU squad...racking up big yards, big defense, and outscoring opponents by DD's 4 times..and don't leave out the fact that these opponents were not pushovers in N'Western, Michigan State, and Illinois...all bowl worthy teams

now look at Texas and you'll see the same trend barring their lone loss to a GREAT TT team, scoring big, defense isn't so good, but outscoring by DD's 3 out of 4 times.

The moral here is that Ohio State has the ability to hang offensively with Texas, and is even more up to the task defensively...a defense dynamic enough to leave a spy on Mccoy almost the entire night...which, in my opinion is the key to interrupting their offense.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    Thats the easy way out...you don't have to be a genius to know that you don't make money gambling..is that how you cap your games? they suck, they won't win.

Think about this fellas...look at Ohio States last 5 games as opposed to the Longhorns...as far as the strengths of Ohio St's game is concerned, they played them to a T..barring the loss to a GREAT PSU squad...racking up big yards, big defense, and outscoring opponents by DD's 4 times..and don't leave out the fact that these opponents were not pushovers in N'Western, Michigan State, and Illinois...all bowl worthy teams

now look at Texas and you'll see the same trend barring their lone loss to a GREAT TT team, scoring big, defense isn't so good, but outscoring by DD's 3 out of 4 times.

The moral here is that Ohio State has the ability to hang offensively with Texas, and is even more up to the task defensively...a defense dynamic enough to leave a spy on Mccoy almost the entire night...which, in my opinion is the key to interrupting their offense.

They can't match scores with Texas

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Texas thinks they should be in championship game not this one and we all seen what happened to Bama when they wanted to be in a different game

This is the WHOLE story imo for this game? If Texas has their head on straight they win by double digits but Ohio State always has a ton of athletes and could give Colt McCoy problems since Texas doesn't run the ball that well! I don't see Wells busting loose on UT? I'm laying off but Phil Steele has OSU as a 3 star pick (winning SU by 3) and he's cruising at 19-10 ATS this bowl season as usual!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Texas thinks they should be in championship game not this one and we all seen what happened to Bama when they wanted to be in a different game

This is the WHOLE story imo for this game? If Texas has their head on straight they win by double digits but Ohio State always has a ton of athletes and could give Colt McCoy problems since Texas doesn't run the ball that well! I don't see Wells busting loose on UT? I'm laying off but Phil Steele has OSU as a 3 star pick (winning SU by 3) and he's cruising at 19-10 ATS this bowl season as usual!
    Bama is not Texas, nor does Ohio have an offense like Utah

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I'm on Texas, for those who are interested. GL!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    I'm on Texas, for those who are interested. GL!
    I am Cougar

pinnacle212
    pinnacle212's Avatar Become A Pro!

They beat the team that is playing in the National Championship game. The lost to a TT team at home with every player juiced up on steroids because there are new police in Lubbock to catch. Once Ole Miss started to get in their ass. The roids rage came out. I know everyone saw it. They may cover 8.5 is a lot of points.

moneyline
    moneyline's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags put forth his lean on Ohio State and seeing as how he is, by far, the best college football handicapper on this site, his recommendation is more than enough for me ...

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by moneyline View Post
    Pags put forth his lean on Ohio State and seeing as how he is, by far, the best college football handicapper on this site, his recommendation is more than enough for me ...
    I trust LT on this one and Texas's OFFENSE

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck tomorrow everyone...

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

ohio st has sooooo much to play for.. texas could care less about this game... maybe not that much but anybody facing the big 12 teams have been up for the game.. big ten looking for more RESPECT.. im leaning towards osu right now.. everybody is on texas.. looks like a sucker bet

darkside99

Texas plays good run D. I believe they will be able to contain Beanie Wells and force Pryor to beat them passing the ball. Also, the Texas defense led the nation in sacks. They will get to Pryor early and often.

darkside99

Quote Originally Posted by danrman View Post
    ohio st has sooooo much to play for.. texas could care less about this game... maybe not that much but anybody facing the big 12 teams have been up for the game.. big ten looking for more RESPECT.. im leaning towards osu right now.. everybody is on texas.. looks like a sucker bet
    How can you say Texas has nothing to play for. They will be out to prove to everyone that they belong in the BCS championship game. Also, a solid win will guarantee them the #2 ranking to start next season behind Florida.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

The thing that really concerns me about laying the points is Pryor's ability to run the ball. This guy has legs like a gazelle. His strides are unbelievable. If Texas can contain him, they win, and probably cover. Texas has a great D line. If he's allowed to scramble for first downs a few times on 3rd and long then it will be a long night. That being said, this is the biggest game of his life up to now and I see McCoy probably far more poised at this point in his college career. I know pags and riggs both like OSU. I can understand why. It may be determined that it's the better bet, but I have to stick to my gut. Texas for me. 2 units. GL everyone.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheHype View Post
    are you aware that the defense also takes the field, chump ?

dolce05
    dolce05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    are you aware that the defense also takes the field, chump ?

thats funny

CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas 35 Ohio St. 10

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

The Big 12 defenses have not looked good in the postseason, which does not bode well for Texas. I am very concerned that Wells and Pryor will be able to run the ball very successfully against a team that faces very few power running teams during the season. Having said that, how many times can we see this Ohio State team lay an egg against top notch athletes? LSU, USC, etc. A motivated Texas team wins this game, but very close, IMO. I have Texas -1.5 on the back end of 2 teasers.