Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC v. CAL; -3 USC @ -115 tomorrow

Last time these two team played in Los Angeles:

• USC pounded CAL 48-14

• Matt Barkley threw a school record-tying five touchdowns, Robert Woods had seven catches for 116 yards and two scores and the Trojans had their way with the Bears.
    • Cal Quaterback Zach Maynard has struggled so far this season, completing just 51.4 percent of his passes. He does have a knack for the big play, averaging 13.7 yards per completion. But he struggled mightily last week (for any of us that had the Oregon/ Cal over @ 65 remember his poor outing lucidly) completing just 20 of 41 passes and failing to lead Cal on a single scoring drive in the second half.
    • USC’s offense looks quite similar to last year’s model.
    • A big threat in CAL is the dynamic duo of Keenan Allen (who had a great game against Oregon despite his team's loss) and Marvin Jones, who have combined for 68 catches for 1,109 yards and seven touchdowns. But I see them being limited as the USC offense will run the ball well.

I think this game will be closer, however -3 is giving a little to much credit for a CAL sputtering offense, Maynard is coming off concussion-like symptoms and I see USC winning this in a tough grudge match after CAL's humiliation in Los Angeles. A 1/2 point purchase wouldn't be a bad idea either.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-13-11 at 02:02 AM.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10416

i say usc wins easy , run away win , gl

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

If I had to choose one or the other I would go with cal getting points on a thursday night game at home. I feel like this could be a game where the books clean up. 66% on USC to cover and on these type of plays I usually side with the books because they are the ones making money but then again its been the publics year. BOL either way.

Take a look at San Diego State +7.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

It's SC or a no play. Noway you can bet on Cal with the quarterback play they have

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Matt Barkley is a much better quarterback fundamentally, it still remains to be seen how CAL will respond after getting their respective asses smacked around in Oregon, last 4 matchups between CAL and USC have been USC wins SU and ATS. I see this happening again today, besides some stellar receivers CAL has not ran the ball effectively against good defenses.

rofacapper
    rofacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    besides some stellar receivers CAL has not ran the ball effectively against good defenses.
    Good thing they aren't playing a good defense tonight.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

easy win.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by rofacapper View Post
    Good thing they aren't playing a good defense tonight.
    I assume you were on the CAL side, how'd that turn out for ya?