Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State vs Illinois ( what are your thoughts???)

is braxton miller playing? who do yall like

Buckeyes looked great for 3 quarters then fell apart. Illinois hasn't played anybody. This will be Illinois first real competition.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ohio St. is beat up so it will depend on how "Shieldhouse" and the offense plays..

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Illinois is the play, especially if Miller is out. Either way they win

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Braxton Miller will start...the question is he 100%? Obviously that won't be known until gametime. Illinois can put up points...but their defense is suspect at best. If Ohio St's defense shows up for 4 quarters I think they can steal this one.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braxton is said to be looking fine. I think the game comes down to if Illinois can run on Ohio state because it's pretty hard to throw on us. If they can get a run game going they will probably win.

Ice House

I think the Buckeyes got this

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

I lost on them 2 weeks ago. I like the Buckeyes as one my favorite teams, but with the coaching change I'm going to be avoiding them for now. New coaching change--maybe stay away. One of my many handicaps. I just have to learn to follow my rules a bit more, and do some earlier research.

Couple other possibilities. Don't bet your favorite all the time, they won't win or cover everyone. Might be mental let down after the lost to Nebraska. Illinois is supposedly doing well according to the polls.
    Last edited by thfootball; 10-10-11 at 09:20 PM.

Ice House

Couple other possibilities. Don't bet your favorite all the time, they won't win or cover everyone. Might be mental let down after the lost to Nebraska. Illinois is supposedly doing well according to the polls.[/QUOTE]

Did the Buckeyes have a new WR last game? that one Ohio State WR looked great. I know my Bucks are a young team this year but Illinois is due for a loss. I think they have too much pride to have a mental let down this week. The offensive line looked great with Mike Adams back.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly Brown was back last week. Got hurt vs Toledo. He is by far our best WR right now.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough game. No bet probably but still deciding based on LM.

Miller plays a full game and they win I think (but he seems to get hurt every game)

Bauserman might be the worst CFB QB I have EVER SEEN. I am seriously not kidding when I say that. I cant remember a worse College FB QB ever.

If he has to play (which he may with Miller and his sore ankle), OSU is done again.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Illinois will be jacked for this HOME game...O-State won't have the offensive production to match Illinois here. Don't get fooled by the "OK" performance by O-State last week against the "Pink Shirts". Considering the QB comparison and the #'s Illinois is a strong play until -6.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 10-11-11 at 12:53 AM.

Ice House

yeah philly brown that guy looks good

SugarDaddy
    SugarDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

can The Buckeyes win?... Yes

WILL they... ?????

This team is too unpredictable, not only is Bauserman the worst QB i have ever seen (like Vin stated), but this is the worst OSU team I have ever seen. There is not one ray of hope for the future of this team. Not to mention the worst Off Coord in the history of CFB.

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by SugarDaddy View Post
    can The Buckeyes win?... Yes

WILL they... ?????

This team is too unpredictable, not only is Bauserman the worst QB i have ever seen (like Vin stated), but this is the worst OSU team I have ever seen. There is not one ray of hope for the future of this team. Not to mention the worst Off Coord in the history of CFB.

Buckeyes have a lot of talent returning next year.

SugarDaddy
    SugarDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Ice House,

I totally agree they are very young, but a capable coaching staff is needed to have them reach that potential. That is not happening right now. i.e. Bolman has had so many 5* recruits on the o-line and they have not had a great line under him. That is why I say this is the worst I have ever seen them with no hope in sight.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

One ray of hope sugar daddy?

How about 50% of the the two deep is Frosh to redshirt soph.... with a team that has competed in every game other than Miami, and is sitting at 3-3... shit a ray of hope? lol michigan must have been in hell, millions of miles away from any light,but looks like their future has arrived.. 2 years time.
    Braxton Miller may not be the answer but fact is a new coach and a new system is coming in... this playbook will be opened up for the first time in 15 years... this talent, with a wide open play calling, maybe aggressive... the future is bright.

Im not even going to address the defense... the secondary is young... with some blue chips that we havent even seen yet... the line 3 names... JT Moore, Big John Hankins, Mike Bennett, hell ill add Steve miller. all young guys 3 frosh that are getting run. Linebackers, look at that class we jus thad, and they are all getting on the field.

Runningback is sophomore heavy with Carlos Hyde and Rod Smith.

WR... Cmon now, before Philly came back we were tossing it to two frosh... in reed and spencer, not to mention smith.

I am just struggling to see this ray of hope for the future, unless maybe you were refering to the future as in the next 8 weeks. But 6-6 is obtainable.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

totally off topic of betting sorry, homerism at its finest but man did that statment catch me off guard...

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am laying off Ohio State for now until I know the status of Miller. Vin hit the nail on the head. How the hell did Bauserman even get on the team!? I have been watching Buckeye football for..well...let's not go there, but since Woody Hayes, Cornelius Greene and Archie Griffin were wearing the Scarlet and "Grey", and this is the WORST player I have EVER seen! I thought OSU's defense was pretty solid too, but if they have to be on the field all the time because the damn QB goes three and out all night...I think my money is better spent elsewhere for now.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    tough game. No bet probably but still deciding based on LM.

Miller plays a full game and they win I think (but he seems to get hurt every game)

Bauserman might be the worst CFB QB I have EVER SEEN. I am seriously not kidding when I say that. I cant remember a worse College FB QB ever.

If he has to play (which he may with Miller and his sore ankle), OSU is done again.
    How quickly eveyone forgets about Nick Sheridan

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    How quickly eveyone forgets about Nick Sheridan
    I hadn't forgotten about him but he was your school's problem child I believe wasn't he? Unless Vin was referring to Bauserman as the worst Ohio State starting QB and not worst of any program you have a point.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by Greyraptor View Post
    I hadn't forgotten about him but he was your school's problem child I believe wasn't he? Unless Vin was referring to Bauserman as the worst Ohio State starting QB and not worst of any program you have a point.
    No, Sheridan wasn't a problem child in the sense you are referring to...you're thinking of Tate Forcier.

Nick Sheridan was a walk on QB that started during Rich Rodriquez's first year at Michigan. Stand up guy...but he was 5'11, couldn't throw, couldn't run, couldn't do anything. Hands down worse than Bauser...trust me.

While Bauserman is terrible, no way is the worst QB in NCAAF history. He just is the first one that comes to mind because A. He plays this year so he's fresh in everyone's mind, and B. His biggest failures have been on national television.

There are plenty QBs that were much, much worse. Sheridan and Cody Hawkins are the first that come to mind. No way he's even the worst OSU has ever had...I can name 2 off memory that were much worse: Justin Zwick and good ol Steeeeeeve Bellisauri

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    Ohio St. is beat up so it will depend on how "Shieldhouse" and the offense plays..

I'm going with OSU ML on this one. The line should be higher so Vegas is telling me they like OSU...

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I'm going with OSU ML on this one. The line should be higher so Vegas is telling me they like OSU...

Small play on Ohio St. ML as well. BOL