Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

ALABAMA vs MISSISSIPPI -25.5

Anyone have quality feedback on this game?
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-10-11 at 01:28 AM.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vandy was a tougher team than Ole Miss and Bama also had to deal with homecoming in the Vandy game . I think like 45-3

Urbanwildlife

Totally agree with you BamaBill!
    Schedule of the games played by Mississippi.

Previous Games Week Date Opponent
    Result Record
    1 Sat., Sep 3 Brigham Young L 14-13 0-1
    2 Sat., Sep 10 Southern Illinois W 42-24 1-1
    3 Sat., Sep 17 @Vanderbilt L 30-7 1-2
    4 Sat., Sep 24 Georgia L 27-13 1-3
    5 Sat., Oct 1 @Fresno State W 38-28 2-3
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-10-11 at 01:34 AM.

Urbanwildlife

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Bama

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama: Until they meet LSU they can pretty much dial up their score. I know Saban was pissed at how they performed the first half against Vandy this past Saturday and will be "REMINDING" he's team how important it is to stay focused from the onset.

For the record, they will beat LSU when the time comes as well and they will beat them by 7+.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ole Miss sucks right? second worst team in SEC behind Kentucky

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I've been on Bama the past few weeks and see no reason to jump off now, especially under 4 touchdowns

Urbanwildlife

DanoRoo
    DanoRoo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    Alabama: Until they meet LSU they can pretty much dial up their score. I know Saban was pissed at how they performed the first half against Vandy this past Saturday and will be "REMINDING" he's team how important it is to stay focused from the onset.

For the record, they will beat LSU when the time comes as well and they will beat them by 7+.
    I do believe you are correct. Alabama is a machine. The most dominant defense in at least a decade. Power running game. QB and receivers that can hurt you when the time is right. I would be shocked if they lose this season. Bama by 30 over Ole Miss. Bama by 10 over LSU.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

You guys are crazy to think Bama will beat LSU by more than 10...

And DanaRoo that says a lot that you think Alabama have a better offense than LSU. The only thing you can ride about on there offense is Richardson.

LSU has a better SET of runningbacks
    LSU has a better SET of recievers

The defenses to me are two completely different styles! LSU defense is more fast and athletic, and Alabama defense is more powerful and stout.

ZBOIZ

Also Lee is a better QB...

I can't believe Lee than grew into this good of a QB to be honest.

DJT22
    DJT22's Avatar Become A Pro!

@ZBOIZ I agree with you on QB and Receivers, but UA's backfield is better

DJT22

@ZBOIZ And defense? You think LSU has more speed? This Alabama defense is big, physical, and fast. I give LSU an edge on DLine, but LSU as far as depth has nowhere close the LB's and DB's UA has

DJT22

This UA defense has 3 shutouts already. 2 by score, but the 7pts Kent St scored was a pick 6 by our backup QB

zuluhead1``1
    zuluhead1``1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    You guys are crazy to think Bama will beat LSU by more than 10...

And DanaRoo that says a lot that you think Alabama have a better offense than LSU. The only thing you can ride about on there offense is Richardson.

LSU has a better SET of runningbacks
    LSU has a better SET of recievers

The defenses to me are two completely different styles! LSU defense is more fast and athletic, and Alabama defense is more powerful and stout.
    Jesus, I knew your crazy ass would show up sometime.

LSU has a better set of running backs? Try again, people actually watch football here.

LSU has a better set of wide receivers? You are half right. LSU has a receiver better than any one of Bama's. Overall, Bama has a better receiver core. We are stupid deep at WR. You know you are good on receivers when you can afford to redshift Chris Carter's son.

This game, as everyone knows, will come down to defense. While both are NFL quality D's, Bama will prevail. Bama will constantly have fresh players and different looks inon defense. It will confuse Lee into turning the ball over multiple times. LSU runnig game will go nowhere. As long as Bama's O-line can handle LSU's front 4, and McCarron can hold onto the ball, this game will belong to Bama.

That being said, I don't think Bama wins by 10. I see this game being around 24-17 ish. Don't worry Z, I'm sure your boys will have fun at the Sugar Bowl.

To the point of this thread, Bama throttles Ole Miss. If not a shut out, Miss only scores 3 points. I expect Bama to easily cover due to the facts I stated above and to possibly cover the over by themselves as well. I have watched every Alabama game from the last 10 years at least twice and I have rarely put money on them before this year. This is my honest opinion on what will happen, fan or not.

ZBOIZ

Zulu your stout Bama defense couldn't shut LSU run last year.... I guess you all will do it this year huh ????

LSU actually does have a better SET of runninbacks...
    1) Ware
    2) Ford
    3) Blue

All three play significant time !! Trust me I know all about Lacy and there's a reason LSU wasn't recruiting him hard! He played in LSU backyard and I know personally he wanted to play at LSU!

And you have got to be kidding me saying Bama has a better receiving core than LSU... LOL at redshirting Carter son... That means nothing!

And you said Bama defense will confuse Lee ??? Haha!!! Just wait till the Lil honey badger AKA Tyran Mathiew get his hands on your QB ... you know he's good for 2 turnovers that game right ??? Simply because good ol Nicky didn't even offer the poor kid a scholarship... I thought Saban had a eye for talent ?? lol

zuluhead1``1

Your argument about Bama losing last year is laughable. If that is a valid argument, then why didn't LSU beat us in 2009? Oh yeah, that's because players grow and gain experience. Learning 1 year under Saban is worth 10 under old "Les Moore". We will see what happens in a few weeks, son.

Slykry
    Slykry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Urbanwildlife

Guys please start a new thread if you want to debate who is better. This thread is about providing input on the Alabama/Mississippi game. Your kindness in staying on the threads intent is much appreciated.

ZBOIZ

We'll see Zulu!

RidetheTide
    RidetheTide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Poundin Bama for the 5th week in a row.
    Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
    Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Mississippi
    Alabama is 14-3 SU in its last 17 games on the road
    Alabama is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Mississippi
    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi's last 7 games when playing Alabama
    The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Mississippi's last 6 games
    Mississippi is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
    Mississippi is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games

Urbanwildlife

Thank you RidetheTide for putting my thread back on track. Much appreciated!

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheTide View Post
    Poundin Bama for the 5th week in a row.
    Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
    Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Mississippi
    Alabama is 14-3 SU in its last 17 games on the road
    Alabama is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Mississippi
    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi's last 7 games when playing Alabama
    The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Mississippi's last 6 games
    Mississippi is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
    Mississippi is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
    these are all straight up trends other than the last one. a) nothing here says that bama will go into vaught hemmingway, or whatever that gay place is called, and cover -25. though it wouldn't suprise me. b) no trend will support a road fave of -25. trends are almost worthless when betting anyway.

my take on this game is bama wins comfortably, but ole miss has had a bye week to prepare and could put together a couple of drives that result in scores, making -25 much more difficult to cover. they also have a new starter in mackey, and while he doesn't appear to be the definitive answer, is a way bigger spark to the offense that stoudt, who was among the worst qbs in the sec, only outdone by morgan newton of kentucky. they also have limited film of this kid. also, saban has never been favored by 25 on the road in sec play while at bama.

while it wouldn't suprise me to see bama cover and win by 40, this might not be the best spot for them to get a road blowout. and there's always the chance that they play it close to the vest and start managing the game more once they get up 17-21 so as to not show their ass before they play lsu. just some thoughts.

Urbanwildlife

Nice input texhooper!

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Saban has covered a 25 pt spread vs. Nutt only once in the last 9 meetings. Just a little more food for thought.

zuluhead1``1

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Saban has covered a 25 pt spread vs. Nutt only once in the last 9 meetings. Just a little more food for thought.
    Cmon man. I tried to help you out when we played Florida... PLEASE BELIEVE ME!

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

feels like a coin toss to cover. I would pass

Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140