brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm not doing that. I have watched Texas play a lot this year. They aren't very good. I've watched Oklahoma State play a lot this year. They are good. Texas has two freshman QBs that are like deer in headlights. Their offensive line isn't good. They have no playmakers at WR, Shipley "will" be good in the future but he isn't there yet. Finally, their RB's are average. Their d-line is solid and their linebackers are decent. Their secondary sucks. Much like OU, I expect Weeden and OSU to light them up. Likewise, that gimicky shit Texas runs on offense only works against crap teams that lack speed. I didn't see any of those wildcat plays or sweeps out of shotgun work against OU. In fact, they lost about 80 yards on that trash. Reason being, top 10 teams can run laterally. You may be able to just out run Rice or Iowa State the corner but that won't work against good opposition. Texas didn't face any decent passing teams early on. Iowa State, UCLA, Rice, ect. Come on. Give me a break. None of those teams can really throw the ball. The reason Texas was successful early on was because they run a trash defense and blitz everyone. It's effective against crap teams that can't win one on one matches because it forces turnovers but against good teams they are going to get torched. Watch Weeden pick them apart tomorrow. I see like a 38-21 type game. It's shocking how badly Texas has evaluated their recruits in recent years. These guys are overrated.

/thread

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

The more I think about the game, the more I lean TX to keep it close. Texas's best defense is keeping Oklahoma St off the field and I think they will keep the ball out of their young QBs hands and look to run all day and be successful at it. What hurt Tx the most last week was letting the game get out of hand and forcing the young QBs to throw...21 points coming from defensive scores.

While OU completely outmatched TX, OK St. doesn't have the defense to force TX into an early hole. Texas will be able to run on them. Texas was able to run on OU with Fozzy and DJ averaging 7+ yards a carry and Brown getting 3+ ypc and kept the game close up until the turnovers started to add up along with the points coming off of them. They were just forced to go to the air more than they would of liked because of the hole they were in.

After rewatching the first half of the game, it was only 13-3 in the second qtr when an int lead to ]a short field and td for OU, then another int went for a TD a couple drives later after it was a stand still for awhile, which put the game out of hand at 27-3. With no TO's and pounding the rock, they were only down 6-3 at the end of 1 and 13-3 before the turnovers started coming and that was against a good OU defense that could make stops, I don't think OK St can make the same stops/ forced turnovers.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 10-15-11 at 01:14 AM.

mpanaro55
    mpanaro55's Avatar Become A Pro!

okie st

if OK can put 55, wtf is OK St gonna do...70?!?!

First 123