aimgator
    aimgator's Avatar Become A Pro!

fsu -12 vs duke

overeaction? fsu played tough games against OK and clemson....

0-4 ats this year.... do they turn it around here?

SugarDaddy
    SugarDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Duke is horrific, and FSU is unpredictable and inconsistent. I would stay away

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

If the Noles dont take out some frustration on Duke - its gonna be an even longer year than it is now in Tally. I like the Noles big here.

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

If Trickett is the QB than good, but it looks like it'll be Manuel. That aside, FSU still has some huge day by day injuries including LT Andrew Datko - 2 Year starter, gave up only 1 sack last year and Nick Moody - #3 leading tackler last year.

That said Xavier Rhodes and Greg Reid are both healthy and are a top 5 cornerback duo this year. Duke thrives on the pass and success in straight man coverages means extra qb heat. Im going to keep an eye on these injuries, but might make a small play in the meantime, these guys gave OK a game for a reason.
    Last edited by Coach Jake; 10-10-11 at 08:48 AM.

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU is not so good against the pass, don't let the Oklahoma game fool you. Duke will throw all day except they won't be as successful and FSU will create a lot of turnovers off of interceptions and QB blitz. One reason why FSU is 2-3 is because they haven't been able to run the ball. Teams know what is coming. I see a high scoring game here where FSU gets the ground game going and puts up 31 + points. I see Duke scoring at least 20.

Coach Jake
    Winning

So your pick is duke?

FSU is a top 10 defense where Duke is a top 60 defense. I think its just a good stun factor if FSU comes with a prepared nickel package and takes the lead early.
    Last edited by Coach Jake; 10-10-11 at 08:50 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The big question is how Florida State reacts to their very disappointing start. They are now basically out of the ACC title chase. Clemson is not going to lose three conference games. There is the possibility that Florida State will just go thru the motions in this game, and play hard enough to just win. This is a very good game to stay away from. Way too many questions.

Coach Jake
    Winning

These kids all have NFL on their minds so there's plenty to play for. Still alot of ?s and if they throw 4 picks again than they lose, forget the spread. I'm still going to go little play because of their experienced pass defenders and rushers going against a 1 dimensional system with inflated qb numbers. I need to hear more about how good Duke is going to be before I really decide, they seem to be the X factor.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I jumped on this as well. Duke will be at a huge disadvantage talent-wise here. Linemakers overreacting to a bad start by FSU. FSU by 17-20 here.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

FSU is way too up and down. playing with fire betting on that team.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i thought fsu was half decent. but no

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by aimgator View Post
    overeaction? fsu played tough games against OK and clemson....

0-4 ats this year.... do they turn it around here?
    yeah...the linesmakers were scared of the masses of people hammering duke in this game if they set this line above 10...lol. i don't know why it is so low, but i do know they didn't "miss it" or any of that. they set the line wherever they think it needs to be to ensure equal action on both sides, and not so much just because so and so is so many points better. you would think with it being duke that there would have to be some very good reasons as to why they set it so low. i mean like notre dame gets at least a fg a game in the line just because they are notre dame and the huge fan base. lots of schools do...but this is duke. i haven't looked at it...and prolly won't with the funny line...but i would just look close before unloading. good luck though with whatever you do man.

bucsfan
    bucsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

bucsfan
    bucsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

Jimbo is gonna have the Noles open a can of whoop ass this week. Duke plays the role of sacrificial lamb !!

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

duke big

Coach Jake
    Winning

Quote Originally Posted by rochestertitans View Post
    duke big
    Why?

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke is too pass happy so I think FSU will create a lot of turnovers. I still think a lot of points will be scored so the over is good but if I had to pick I think FSU teased down to -6 would do just fine.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jake View Post
    So your pick is duke?

FSU is a top 10 defense where Duke is a top 60 defense.
    You are seriously overrating both of them. How about #25 and #80?

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Duke got one vote for the top 25 while fsu has dropped out of the top 25. Two teams going in opposite directions. Duke should be 4-1 if it wasn't for the kicker missing a 30 yarder to win against Richmond. ( a team duke always struugles against no matter what) They hung tough for little more than a half against Stanford. Win on the road against a conference opponent beating BC. Crush a crappy tulane team which they were suppose to. Win on the road to last years Sun Belt conference winner and now has had a bye week to prepare and get healthy for probably the biggest game of Duke's season. I'm waiting for the line to get nice and juicy for the Duke pick. The line has to pass 14 with "FSU vs Duke" as the bait is being set.

I mean compare FSU to Stanford. You think Stanford is only 4-5 points better than FSU? The line would suggest that. Just my thoughts on the game.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    Duke got one vote for the top 25 while fsu has dropped out of the top 25. Two teams going in opposite directions. Duke should be 4-1 if it wasn't for the kicker missing a 30 yarder to win against Richmond. ( a team duke always struugles against no matter what) They hung tough for little more than a half against Stanford. Win on the road against a conference opponent beating BC. Crush a crappy tulane team which they were suppose to. Win on the road to last years Sun Belt conference winner and now has had a bye week to prepare and get healthy for probably the biggest game of Duke's season. I'm waiting for the line to get nice and juicy for the Duke pick. The line has to pass 14 with "FSU vs Duke" as the bait is being set. I mean compare FSU to Stanford. You think Stanford is only 4-5 points better than FSU? The line would suggest that. Just my thoughts on the game.
    Nice write up. But the blue devels will be outmatched this saturday. FSU beat thereshelves against Wake Forest. The front of FSU will have the QB on duke runing for his life. Duke is undersized and dont have the athletes here to keep it close, i dont see it. FSU 42-13
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 10-11-11 at 02:14 AM.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

If FSU beat themselves last week, why won't they do it again this week?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave M.W. 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Exactly. Florida State is now and "me" team instead of a "we" team. They are 1-3 ATS. They are going nowheres. Sure they will end up in some Bowl game, but they are finished as far as a BCS Bowl is concerned. Florida State is nothing more than a huge disappointment. Steer clear of teams like them.

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    LMAO Goodluck throw your money on the blue devils I don't care its your $ to trash.

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Exactly. Florida State is now and "me" team instead of a "we" team. They are 1-3 ATS. They are going nowheres. Sure they will end up in some Bowl game, but they are finished as far as a BCS Bowl is concerned. Florida State is nothing more than a huge disappointment. Steer clear of teams like them.
    Why? Its all about "Value" to earn a profit. This game has a ton of Value being in FSU. You might understand more after the game.