Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Air Force (+16) at Notre Dame

You can tell where I'm leaning towards, but what are your thoughts on this game?

I had Navy (+17) as my best play when they visited Columbia, and then, Air Force, last week against the Mids. Situationally, this game seems to lend itself to Air Force keeping it too close for comfort - at least for Irish fans.

Yeah, again: the option motif; it does not bode well for Notre Dame. Though, to be fair, once they got another bitter reintroduction to it last season from Navy, they took it to Rich Ellerson's quasi wishbone.

What I've seen from Air Force under Troy Calhoun is a knack for playing better on the road, and against superior athletes. I had them pretty large against Oklahoma last season and this is going to be their watershed, seasonal moment. Navy was a game wrought with emotion, assuredly, but I think that going on the road again - after the completion of mid-terms as well - will serve to further center this team.

Troy Calhoun, for good reason, was a finalist for the Broncos' head gig; it shows in his augmentation of the flexbone/triple-option scheme with West Coast run-game/blocking coordination and route concepts.

Tim Jefferson isn't a world-beater, but he's pretty damed good for the signal caller of a service academy.

This is a veteran team: Anthony Wright has the ability to keep Malcolm Floyd in check, and Jon Davis is there to help over the top.

I think that Air Force's O-line will be the difference-maker in a close game.

Notre Dame - 33

Air Force - 31

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like Air Force and Army this week. Go Academies!