spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wrote a little on this on last page of my other thread ... it basically says uab+16 and Arizona -4... check it out... sorry for short response, on highway

spladle08

Updated card
    WVU -14
    WVU-Ov 58
    NIU-14
    NIU-Ov 62
    OSU -7
    Temple -13
    Stanford -21
    Wisc -9
    KSU -11
    Wake -3
    Nebraska-Ov 56.5
    Ark-15.5
    TA&M-20.5
    Oregon-30.5

I still need to examine all these, especially that UTEP game.
    AF/BSU Ov 64
    OU/TT Ov 69.5
    Wisc/MSU Ov 49
    Wake/Duke Ov 59.5
    OSU/Mizz Ov 69
    Clemson -10
    Rutgers +2
    Boise -31
    Bama -29
    Utep -7

spladle08

Updated card
    Rutgers +1.5 (this was a quick impulsive play...I wouldn't tail me here, irresponsible play but probably the right play for the game)
    WVU -14
    WVU-Ov 58
    NIU-14
    NIU-Ov 62
    OSU -7
    Temple -13
    Stanford -21
    Wisc -9
    KSU -11
    Wake -3
    Nebraska-Ov 56.5
    Ark-15.5
    TA&M-20.5
    Oregon-30.5
    AF/BSU OV-64
    and I am done I think... got my kid all weekend so I am going to have to "PLAY" and not have time to look at things, sigh.... good luck everyone I will try and glance at these throughout the weekend. But between NFL and playing I wont have much time to look to deep into anymore college games.
    (PS I know people think Boise isnt an over team this year but they have turned on the jets the last few games, and air force has gone over in ever game this year. Boise will score 50+ and AF will add some.. taking the over and not looking back)

Rutgers is 5-1 ATS 5-1 straight up
    Louisville cant score (averages only 16 pts to Rutgers 30) both teams have stout defenses.
    Only common opponent is UNC who both teams lost to.
    Louisville has been a home favorite 3 times this year and lost all 3 (2 SU 3 ATS) They have both gone under all but 1 game... meh Under seems like a play also... meh I should look more into this but I am lockin it in +1.5 (such a bad/quick play but yeah well... pray for me)
    Last edited by spladle08; 10-20-11 at 05:22 PM.

broker651
    broker651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

spladle do you have best bets for this card? like to take your top 5 surest things and do a parlay

spladle08

Yeah check my other thread we discussed it there
    ... I think it was like niu, wvu, wake, temple, Arkansas.... but yeah skim through other thread and I bet u can lock up a solid one

spladle08

Quote Originally Posted by Ras1112 View Post
    Any thoughts on today's games?
    I got U and leaning Arizona, no clue on UCF-UAB however even if C.Florida will win I don't think they will cover
    Hope you tailed.

Ras1112
    Ras1112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thanks bro! As you see it was close to clean sweep but UCLA didn't know they have to play defense
    Still we are in green bol this weekend my friend!

spladle08

Oh yeah forgot you took the under.... yeah I couldn't touch it... seemed fishy being so high... glad you did alright though.
    Im 4-0 this week on games I've tried to pick... but as far as actual wagers I'm 0-0.. I've yet to bet a dime, but got both games tomorrow, so I'm hoping the streak continues. BOL

Ras1112

I don't put much on weekday games either, just to keep the edge
    Didn't look into your plays in details yet but from the get go won't agree with Stanford pick. I'm in Seattle so can't bet against homeboys, on serious note though UW might lose but not by 3TD their offense is pretty good and can score on anybody specially coming well rested.
    You been very solid so far in college, so I'm pretty sure 0-0 will change in right direction
    GL on your picks will check back before the games to see what else you got wrong
    P
    Last edited by Ras1112; 10-20-11 at 11:54 PM.

spladle08

Yeah I just woke up and checked it and came to congratulate you! Nice work. Great start

Ras1112

Thanks!
    With house money from yesterday today I will actually part with you on both picks
    Louisville wins outright and although I hate orange, WV won't cover.
    Worst case we split it

spladle08

Lol I cant really argue the Lville game... that was a complete gamble.. I feel I took the best side but a no-play may have been better, and I honestly dont think you stand a chance in the Cuse game lol good luck man... I'll be ok with a split, assuming you win the Lville game... If WVU doesnt cover I will have to give up on trying to figure out these games

Ras1112

As I said I hate an orange and maybe that is why I took them hoping they will let me down
    I will take a loss if that what it takes to have you around
    GL!

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Just wanted to say I really enjoy your write-ups and picks spladle. Like you, I'm new here, and just figuring out who's posts are worth reading and who's aren't worth the pixels they're typed up on. From what I've seen, you seem to know what you're doing. Plus it's always nice to see a guy like you all over a large number of games that I like as well
    On a side note about the Rutgers/'Ville game tonight...living in Louisville I know a little about this team (definitely not a fan though). From what I've seen of Rutgers, they are all smoke and mirrors. Averaging 4 takeaways a game, that's basically how they're winning games. Junior QB Will Stein comes back for UofL tonight, and don't expect him to throw many, if any, picks. Should be an energetic crowd tonight too. Unless Louisville, puts the ball on the ground a ton (which they don't normally) I think UofL comes away victorious.

spladle08

Mr. Doughnut Ive read a lot of your posts... sigh.. hate to see you against me on the pick. It was impulsive but I think it has decent shot.
    I see Stein was available for the FIU loss as well as the Murray State game... I'm unimpressed by both games and haven't given his return much thought, Blah Im hoping the clash of ideas between L-ville and Rutgers supporters is just a product of a very small line (I have it at Rutgers +1.5). I know as betters we all like to think we know a little more than the next guy, and I'm hoping I do, despite my lack of research (hate that I'm coming into this game damn near clueless )

Like I said, I hope nobody tails me here, and wont hate a loss here, but hoping for a win.

BOL Doughnut.

startwinningtoda
    startwinningtoda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 768

spadle check pm

thanks!

spladle08

lol it was empty... but I usually respond so feel free to send whatever... hopefully its not a hate message

Mr. Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by spladle08 View Post
    Mr. Doughnut Ive read a lot of your posts... sigh.. hate to see you against me on the pick. It was impulsive but I think it has decent shot. I see Stein was available for the FIU loss as well as the Murray State game... I'm unimpressed by both games and haven't given his return much thought, Blah Im hoping the clash of ideas between L-ville and Rutgers supporters is just a product of a very small line (I have it at Rutgers +1.5). I know as betters we all like to think we know a little more than the next guy, and I'm hoping I do, despite my lack of research (hate that I'm coming into this game damn near clueless ) Like I said, I hope nobody tails me here, and wont hate a loss here, but hoping for a win. BOL Doughnut.
    Well, it's one game. Honestly probably will go either way. Not usually a "line is tempting the squares to play so-and-so" but I think this could be a game like that. Eh, probably a toss up either way. Can't pass up a Friday night game

Nonetheless, good luck to us this weekend.

spladle08

What is going on Lol going to need an orange implosion

shinnman
    shinnman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

looks like a rough nite, still got the over workin, lets get em tommorow

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    Just wanted to say I really enjoy your write-ups and picks spladle. Like you, I'm new here, and just figuring out who's posts are worth reading and who's aren't worth the pixels they're typed up on. From what I've seen, you seem to know what you're doing. Plus it's always nice to see a guy like you all over a large number of games that I like as well
    On a side note about the Rutgers/'Ville game tonight...living in Louisville I know a little about this team (definitely not a fan though). From what I've seen of Rutgers, they are all smoke and mirrors. Averaging 4 takeaways a game, that's basically how they're winning games. Junior QB Will Stein comes back for UofL tonight, and don't expect him to throw many, if any, picks. Should be an energetic crowd tonight too. Unless Louisville, puts the ball on the ground a ton (which they don't normally) I think UofL comes away victorious.
    Yep you definitely know very little.. They might win cuz of their ground game and you got the QB wrong.

Mr. Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Yep you definitely know very little.. They might win cuz of their ground game and you got the QB wrong.
    I know, very surprised. Guess they decided to keep with the youth movement, look toward the future. Gotta a good friend who's a student trainer with team, said Stein was fully healthy.

Nonetheless, QB play was not going to be what won or lost this game for the 'Ville. Defense, ball security, the fact that Rutgers is overvalued, and a Friday night packed house.

So yes, I know little since I got the game correct whereas you picked wrong. But let's face it, best anyone can really hope for is 54-58% correct, so shit happens. Not gonna bust your balls this time.

Now take your loss like a man and don't bitch

spladle08

lol half a point... geeez I should have waited for 2
    So yeah 1-2 day, today better salvage this thing.... cant believe WVU got blown out like that... but meh well, its College football.

spladle08

Rutgers +1.5 L (damn half point)
    WVU -14 L (wow)
    WVU-Ov 58 W
    NIU-14
    NIU-Ov 62
    OSU -7
    Temple -13
    Stanford -21
    Wisc -9
    KSU -11
    Wake -3
    Nebraska-Ov 56.5
    Ark-15.5
    TA&M-20.5
    Oregon-30.5
    AF/BSU OV-64

spladle08

LETS TURN THIS WEEK AROUND!!!! 10 minutes away.. go go go

tsweers89
    tsweers89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

In for:
    OSU -7 (2 units)
    Temple -13 (2 units)
    Wake -4 (2 units)

Still thinking on the WI. Keep up the good work btw. Like your in depth look at each game.
    Last edited by tsweers89; 10-22-11 at 11:18 AM.

rsktkr
    rsktkr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Dude

Are these a mix of straight and teased? I'm seeing some lines that are way out of whack. Just wondering?

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

good luck today, spladle08!
    appreciate your hard work and
    excellent writing. very insightful.
    let's stack 'em and cash 'em!
    best of luck, big brother!

spladle08

This is going to be a Brutal day for me 5-11
    Rutgers +1.5 L (damn half point lost by 2)
    WVU -14 L (wow lost straight up)
    WVU-Ov 58 W
    NIU-14(L blew 21 pt lead , ended up winning by 1)
    NIU-Ov 62 (L missed extra point to tie it @ 31 a piece and head to OT wow)
    OSU -7W
    Temple -13 (L)
    Stanford -21(W)
    Wisc -9
    (L)
    KSU -11W
    Wake -3L (blew 17pt lead to win by 1)
    Nebraska-Ov 56.5 (55)
    Ark-15.5 L (decided to stop scoring in 4th, give up late TD and win by 5)
    TA&M-20.5
    (L)
    Oregon-30.5 (W)
    AF/BSU OV-64(L 63)
    Last edited by spladle08; 10-23-11 at 12:12 PM.

Ras1112

Take a day off, play with your kid. You'll be fine, glad to see you still around after yesterday
    I'm waiting for late games!

startwinningtoda
    startwinningtoda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 768

lot of daylight left

everything is salvagable
    what about stanford game over?
    both sides can light it or will they cancel each other out?

spladle08

Sorry I haven't been on all day... its just gone from bad to worse.. blow big leads left and right... overs missing by a point or 2 in every direction .... just brutal ... I'm as discouraged as ever... if you look through my other thread I had a great read on a ton of obscure games, its like all the one's I thought were locks were disasters... just so disappointed.. going to put in twice the work next week but huge blow to my confidence

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

It's bad week.

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry I haven't been on all day... its just gone from bad to worse.. blow big leads left and right... overs missing by a point or 2 in every direction .... just brutal ... I'm as discouraged as ever... if you look through my other thread I had a great read on a ton of obscure games, its like all the one's I thought were locks were disasters... just so disappointed.. going to put in twice the work next week but huge blow to my confidence
    Everyone is feeling like this right now. Vegas won this week. Let's shake it off, regroup, and kick some ass next weekend.

Ras1112

I'm barely in positive territory nevertheless this was a tough week but nothing extraordinary so stop sobbing and let make something of it tomorrow.
    GL!

First 123456 ... Last