Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Anybody else hear Mack Brown's interview on Jim Rome today?

If you're the AD for Texas, I don't see how you don't fire Mack Brown after that interview. Brown came across as an excuse-filled blowhard who is no leader. And then to top it off, he admitted that he didn't perform his best last year and he doubted his own abilities, and then he admitted that stress gets to him as a "60-year-old man".

At a program like Texas, you can get the best head coach in the country ... why settle for crybaby headcase who can't get the job done? He reminds me of Bill Stewart.
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 10-05-11 at 07:18 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you listen to the same interview I did? It takes balls to admit on a national stage that he failed the Longhorns team in 2010. You're so far off base with this criticism...

Machine Choice

Okay, so let's say I'm a QB and I know I'm not good enough to win a game, but I go on national radio and admit that I'm not. Does that mean that I have "balls" and that I should be under center next week?

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Did you listen to the same interview I did? It takes balls to admit on a national stage that he failed the Longhorns team in 2010. You're so far off base with this criticism...
    Okay, I'm hoping you heard the first five minutes where he described in detail how he is a "victim" of circumstance. What a crybaby

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Okay, so let's say I'm a QB and I know I'm not good enough to win a game, but I go on national radio and admit that I'm not. Does that mean that I have "balls" and that I should be under center next week?
    There's a huge difference between reflecting on a past season and talking about the current one. He's talking about last season's failure here, and goes on to talk about getting over it and rededicating himself to the team's success this season...

Also, I don't doubt that there's a huge letdown for the teams that lose the national championship game in following seasons. The Superbowl hangover is a pretty well known and accepted occurrence in the NFL, so why would a similar trend not be applicable to college ball?

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

How is that the same? Are you a retarded person? Mack said he failed the team LAST LAST LAST year. He didn't say he was going to fail them this year.

Do you know what the difference is between past and present? Do you?

txmoney
    txmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Serious???? He fails them EVERY F'ing year....gets the Best RC out of the best recruiting state year in and year out, for multiple yrs.....hell I could coach thoat team to at least a friggin Conf Champ. He is a nice guy...but truly a shitty ass coach. He should to admit to being crappy for many more years than last year....**** butterteath

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    How is that the same? Are you a retarded person? Mack said he failed the team LAST LAST LAST year. He didn't say he was going to fail them this year.

Do you know what the difference is between past and present? Do you?
    Okay, if you're fine with your coach STRAIGHT-UP saying he FAILED last year, and then expecting him to motivate his players NOT TO ALSO BE FAILURES, then enjoy Mack Brown. He's all yours!

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Um I would take his record and NC and NCG appearance....and a ton of people reflect and say they failed last year.... I am willing to bet if you listen to any spring pressers from coaches that struggles last year they say things along the same lines.

nj1035
    Update your status

Okay, if you're fine with your coach STRAIGHT-UP saying he FAILED last year, and then expecting him to motivate his players NOT TO ALSO BE FAILURES, then enjoy Mack Brown. He's all yours!
    I will enjoy Mack Brown. He brought us a national championship. He brought us the winningest QB in the history of College Football. I think he deserves more than to be thrown under the bus for 1 bad year and 12 great years. That's pretty shortsighted of you to see otherwise.

I actually thought it was a great interview. Even Jim Rome said it was rare to see a coach be so honest and cadid. That's another reason Mack Brown is a great coach. He's confident enough in his abilities and his character to tell you exactly how it is, or how he sees it. You don't get that with many other coaches, and I personally appreciate it.

Here's a link to the interview if anyone is interested in hearing it

http://www.longhornstation.com/player/?mid=21468142
    Last edited by nj1035; 10-05-11 at 10:35 PM.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

every coach but 1 fails every year.....

could give 2 shits about Mac brown or tex but not sure how a guy admitting he made mistakes is such a bad thing....Brown only goes as far as his coordinators, that and he gets great talent. Not sure why you hate the guy but he seems to have did much better for himself than im sure you have...

Machine Choice

nj1035, I'll give you all my points if Texas doesn't lose at least three games this year. They'll be in the Holiday Bowl at the end of the year and Mack Brown will rightly get significant heat (he should get fired).

THey will lose to Oklahoma, at Missouri, and at Texas A&M. They will probably lose to Oklahoma State, and may lose at Baylor.

Five losses would make me deleriously happy after listening to Mack Brown laundry-list all the excuses why Texas had a bad year last year, and why they didn't win the title the last time. He's a washed-up and overpaid joke
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 10-05-11 at 10:47 PM.

Machine Choice

Oh, and in the interview today he straight-up threw all his assistants under the bus, saying they had lost their "edge" and how he was so glad they were replaced by "fresh coaches" this year. If I was Muschamp I would take that personally and hope like hell I coud meet the old man in a bowl game and have the Gators wipe the field with the horns.

nj1035
    Update your status

Oh, and in the interview today he straight-up threw all his assistants under the bus, saying they had lost their "edge" and how he was so glad they were replaced by "fresh coaches" this year. If I was Muschamp I would take that personally and hope like hell I coud meet the old man in a bowl game and have the Gators wipe the field with the horns.
    You're just twisting his words. He was very genuine and candid and he didn't throw anyone under the bus. Anyone who listens to the interview could see that.

Machine Choice

You're just twisting his words. He was very genuine and candid and he didn't throw anyone under the bus. Anyone who listens to the interview could see that.
    Okay, now you crossed the line and ur showing us some homer. He straight-up said the assistants were too demoralized after the NC game to do their jobs properly. If that isn't throwing them under the bus I don't know what is. If I'm an assistant and I hear that, I say "fukk u, your the HC...you're supposed to set the tone and tempo for the team."

I swear, some of you guys must have never played team sports in your life.

Machine Choice

He was very genuine and candid
    Oh, ain't that sweet...he's so "genuine". That doesn't mean he's the right coach for Texas .... anymore. He may have been at one time, but that time has passed. Son, he's leading what is possibly the best college football program in the nation. YOU BRING YOUR A-GAME EVERY GAME, or you go the fukk home. There's plenty of young coaching wizards who could step into Texas right now and guide them to a title, at a considerably cheaper price than MAckBrown!

nj1035
    Update your status

Okay, now you crossed the line and ur showing us some homer. He straight-up said the assistants were too demoralized after the NC game to do their jobs properly. If that isn't throwing them under the bus I don't know what is. If I'm an assistant and I hear that, I say "fukk u, your the HC...you're supposed to set the tone and tempo for the team."

I swear, some of you guys must have never played team sports in your life.
    See, there you go again. He didn't say that. Go back and listen to the interview, then come back and here and type WHAT HE SAID.

nj1035
    Update your status

Oh, ain't that sweet...he's so "genuine". That doesn't mean he's the right coach for Texas .... anymore. He may have been at one time, but that time has passed. Son, he's leading what is possibly the best college football program in the nation. YOU BRING YOUR A-GAME EVERY GAME, or you go the fukk home. There's plenty of young coaching wizards who could step into Texas right now and guide them to a title, at a considerably cheaper price than MAckBrown!
    Is that why Texas went through several coaches and 35 years between titles? LOL. Texas' last championship before 2005 was 1970. It ain't that easy.

Machine Choice

See, there you go again. He didn't say that.
    Dude, are u fukking deaf? Does your homerism give you selective hearing? He straight-up said the assistants were failures last year. I don't have to go re-hear the interview. I know what the fukk I heard! You think I have nothing better to do than to start a thread about old-ass Mack Brown based on lies? His interview disgusted me enough that I felt it needed to be publicized to people who wager on his games.

nj1035
    Update your status

Dude, are u fukking deaf? Does your homerism give you selective hearing? He straight-up said the assistants were failures last year. I don't have to go re-hear the interview. I know what the fukk I heard! You think I have nothing better to do than to start a thread about old-ass Mack Brown based on lies? His interview disgusted me enough that I felt it needed to be publicized to people who wager on his games.
    Nope he didn't say that. And what he did say in the interview I guarantee Greg Davis and Muschamp would agree with. Guarantee.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Machine... wtf. did he have sex with your mom? kill your puppy? tell you santa doesn't exist?

Why are you getting so bent out of shape here?

Machine Choice

Nope he didn't say that. And what he did say in the interview I guarantee Greg Davis and Muschamp would agree with. Guarantee.
    Alright, nice to talking to you. Let me know when your hearing gets restored. I'll see Texas in the Holiday Bowl where I will be fading them against Utah

nj1035
    Update your status

Alright, nice to talking to you. Let me know when your hearing gets restored. I'll see Texas in the Holiday Bowl where I will be fading them against Utah
    LOL that's a possibility this year but next year Texas will be gunning for a national championship again.

suicidekings
    Update your status

And as for Muschamp, how long was he supposed to hang around as the head coach in waiting (with no change on the horizon) when he was getting job offers for legit programs elsewhere. He probably would have preferred to take over Texas, but I doubt he's too upset about how things worked out. He didn't leave on bitter terms. Just for greener pastures.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I am a native Texan, and never got behind any UT team. Mostly was b/c of how they underachieved every year with Mack Brown. He has had all the talent in the world, but has no idea how to coach. Mack is a recruiter, thats it. He has benefited from the infinite resources that UT provides, which has allowed him to hire the best coordinators money can buy. I would rather have a guy like Urban Meyer heading up my team. He can coach every position, and makes head coaches out of his coordinatoors.

So Mack is a tool, who is very replacable. He talks, and that's it. He talks recruits into coming to UT, and booster into donating. UT has the resoures to get others that actually coach.

Machine Choice

Machine... wtf. did he have sex with your mom? kill your puppy? tell you santa doesn't exist?

Why are you getting so bent out of shape here?
    You wanna know why I'm "bent out of shape"? Well I'll tell you why: I still believe that MEN in leadership positions had better fukking lead!

Suicide, you didn't hear the interview. When you do, then maybe you'll understand. (Or maybe not, we don't teach responsibility in society anymore, so maybe you never got it in the first place).

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I am a native Texan, and never got behind any UT team. Mostly was b/c of how they underachieved every year with Mack Brown. He has had all the talent in the world, but has no idea how to coach. Mack is a recruiter, thats it. He has benefited from the infinite resources that UT provides, which has allowed him to hire the best coordinators money can buy. I would rather have a guy like Urban Meyer heading up my team. He can coach every position, and makes head coaches out of his coordinatoors.

So Mack is a tool, who is very replacable. He talks, and that's it. He talks recruits into coming to UT, and booster into donating. UT has the resoures to get others that actually coach.
    Whatever brings me wins and championships with class and without cheating is the coach I want. I don't care how he does it. He's done a much better job than anyone the 25 years before him at Texas.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by houlihanstx View Post
    i am a native texan, and never got behind any ut team. Mostly was b/c of how they underachieved every year with mack brown. He has had all the talent in the world, but has no idea how to coach. Mack is a recruiter, thats it. He has benefited from the infinite resources that ut provides, which has allowed him to hire the best coordinators money can buy. I would rather have a guy like urban meyer heading up my team. He can coach every position, and makes head coaches out of his coordinatoors.

So mack is a tool, who is very replacable. He talks, and that's it. He talks recruits into coming to ut, and booster into donating. Ut has the resoures to get others that actually coach.
    a--fukking--men!!

nj1035
    Update your status

You wanna know why I'm "bent out of shape"? Well I'll tell you why: I still believe that MEN in leadership positions had better fukking lead! Suicide, you didn't hear the interview. When you do, then maybe you'll understand. (Or maybe not, we don't teach responsibility in society anymore, so maybe you never got it in the first place).
    He did listen to the interview. Having trouble reading your own thread?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I would venture to say UT is a top 5 job for college foots.

Bama
    LSU
    Oklahoma
    Ohio St

Would round out my top 5.

FireMackBrown.com and HireUrbanMeyer.org

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I will comend Mack Brown for packing ex-Texas QB Gilbert's bags for him, and handing his overrated-ass walking papers.

It was just announced that Gilbert is transferring today. This guy was the player of the year in Texas as a senior in high school. Over-rated. Dun dun da da dun

suicidekings
    Update your status

You wanna know why I'm "bent out of shape"? Well I'll tell you why: I still believe that MEN in leadership positions had better fukking lead!

Suicide, you didn't hear the interview. When you do, then maybe you'll understand. (Or maybe not, we don't teach responsibility in society anymore, so maybe you never got it in the first place).
    Or maybe I listened to it after seeing your reaction and fully disagree with your conclusion. Since when is it a laudable goal for a man (in a position of leadership or not) to be so arrogant and/or stupid that they can't recognize or admit to having made a mistake.

I think it would be an effective stance when dealing with a young and inexperienced team to tell them to disregard last seasons record entirely, taking all the blame for it on himself so the players can start fresh with a new coaching staff. Building something new, etc... So many ways to spin that into a powerful motivational message while separating the potential of the 2011 Longhorns team completely from the failures of 2010.

No leader worth anything relies on the club all the time.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I will comend Mack Brown for packing ex-Texas QB Gilbert's bags for him, and handing his overrated-ass walking papers.

It was just announced that Gilbert is transferring today. This guy was the player of the year in Texas as a senior in high school. Over-rated. Dun dun da da dun
    Yes. Texas became bettable again the moment they took away his starters role. Glad to see him gone.

Machine Choice

Or maybe I listened to it after seeing your reaction and fully disagree with your conclusion. Since when is it a laudable goal for a man (in a position of leadership or not) to be so arrogant and/or stupid that they can't recognize or admit to having made a mistake.

I think it would be an effective stance when dealing with a young and inexperienced team to tell them to disregard last seasons record entirely, taking all the blame for it on himself so the players can start fresh with a new coaching staff. Building something new, etc... So many ways to spin that into a powerful motivational message while separating the potential of the 2011 Longhorns team completely from the failures of 2010.

No leader worth anything relies on the club all the time.

Dammit, man! You heard the interview. He straight said: "I didn't do my job last year and I owe Texas an apology."

NEWSFLASH: hey Mack, Texas doesn't pay you $2 million for apologies! They pay you to lead a ******* band of blue-chip warriors onto a football field and DOMINATE the competition (like LSU does). If you can't get that done EVERY YEAR for the money you make and the talent and facilities you have, then see-ya
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 10-06-11 at 12:09 AM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Dammit, man! You heard the interview. He straight said: "I didn't do my job last year and I owe Texas an apology."

NEWSFLASH: hey Mack, Texas doesn't pay you $2 million for apologies! They pay you to lead a ******* band of blue-chip warriors onto a football field and DOMIANTE the competition (i.e. LSU). If you can't get that done EVERY YEAR, then see-ya
    You make it sound like a sports team's record is 100% dependent on the coaching. The talent on the team and the opponents they play have nothing to do with it...

This conversation is becoming tiresome. We're clearly on the opposite sides on this so let's just leave it at that.

12 Last