Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia Tech vs Miami (Break it down fellas)

Okay fellas what are you thoughts on this game?

Can the Hokies possibly play suck donkey balls 2 weeks in a row at home??? How good is the Hokies run defense?

I am assuming they got torched threw the air by Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins perhaps the 2nd best QB to WR combo in the nation behind Brandon Weeden to Justin Blackmon....

Lamar Miller is a one man show for Miami ... the rest of the team is garbage. But how bad are the Hokies this year?

I know they are overrated every year but do they have any talent? Like any talent at all on offense?

3 points at home to Clemson? you kidding me? anybody think they come back and curb stomp the Hurricanes this week?

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    I am assuming they got torched threw the air by Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins but do they have any talent? Like any talent at all on offense?
    NO they didn't. Tahj threw for under 50% and only 204 yards. Watkins was held in check. If you take away 1 big late run by Clemson, VT held them to around 3 yards a carry. VT has plenty of talent. I don't get why you would even consider betting on a game that you know so little about though.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Last year after getting beat down by Boise and then losing to JMU they laid the hammer on ECU

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I like under here actually

miami has a good defense, vtech's offense has been terrible but their defense is fantastic

look for a 21-20 type game here

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Miami actually try unlike the last 2 games they played?

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Will Miami actually try unlike the last 2 games they played?
    Miami-VT have developed a rivalry over the years dating back to when both fought it out in the Big East. If Miami doesn't show up they have some real problems

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    Miami-VT have developed a Rivalry over the years dating back to when both fought it out in the Big East. If Miami doesn't show up they have some real problems

don't you think the under is a great play here??

your team's offense has been absolutely atrocious despite playing some really really bad teams...how do you score 20 points combined against ECU and Clemson??

any halfway decent offense should have 20 points in the first half alone against ECU

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    don't you think the under is a great play here??

your team's offense has been absolutely atrocious despite playing some really really bad teams...how do you score 20 points combined against ECU and Clemson??

any halfway decent offense should have 20 points in the first half alone against ECU
    I'm not big on totals in CFB. If I were forced, yeah, I would probably take the under. Haven't watched a ton of Miami this season but I know Jacory Harris will turn the ball over against the Hokies a few times and VT has had trouble scoring. VT offense will break out one game soon. There is too much talent there. Logan Thomas is gonna have a breakout game here soon. This is the first week he'll have gotten to get a good work out in with our WR as they have been beat up some. Might not be this week but don't count on playing unders with this team all year.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Virginia Tech's offensive coordinator is a big question mark. Miami gets their star strong safety (Ray-Ray Armstrong) back for this game. I like the under in this one as well, but I'd really like to get 45.

SDCanesfan
    SDCanesfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I like under here actually miami has a good defense, vtech's offense has been terrible but their defense is fantastic look for a 21-20 type game here
    I am a die hard Canes fan and I can tell you that our defense this year is absolutely attrocious. If they were even half way decent Miami should have killed K-State. Bethune Cookman was running up and down the field last week and it was hard to watch as a fan. The question here is which unit is worse, the Miami "D" or VT "O". Under is not a bad bet because Miami eats clock like crazy, but I definitely do not trust the defense at all this year. It's easily the worst D the Canes have put on the field in the last 10+ years. We get back potential 1st rounder Ray Ray Armstrong at safety so that should help, but starting DT Marcus Forston(who had been a major dissapointment this year) is out for the season after sustaining a knee injury yesterday at practice. This just helps weaken an already horrible middle of the defense with no depth. If the Canes keep it close it's all heart, but this team has showed over the last few years that this is something they lack severely.