spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

8 plays for the weekend

Oregon vs California- Oregon -24*** OV 62.5** (meh im not using this one)
    Oregon is 7-1 ATS in October over the last 3years. California is 1-6 ATS over the last 3 years in all games played on Turf. Both teams have gone over in 3 of 4 games,
    PF/PA (points for/against) Oregon = 52/24.5 while Cal = 39.5/24.3
    Coming off a week’s rest look for both teams to score points, Oregon is at home so they will likely show out, after their loss to LSU Oregon’s closest game has been Arizona whom they beat by 25. I think this one will end similarly, I say Oregon -24 is a solid 3star pick, while the Over SHOULD BE a lock but due to history tending to repeat itself Im only giving it 2stars.
    5 of 5 games at oregon between these 2 have gone under since 92'

BoiseST vs FresnoST: OV 58.5*****
    By the numbers… Boise is averaging 36.5 / 16.8 while Fres is going 30.6 / 32.4 I think Fresno has a crappy enough defense coupled with the fact that they can score, this should be an easy over. 4 of 5 games this year for Fresno have gone over, and with an offense as high powered as Boise’s coming to town, don’t expect a low scoring game.

Bama vs Vandy: Bama -30/Ov 41 (don’t like this game)
    I don’t like this game at all but I felt obligated to chime in. If I had to pick a play I would say play the over. Vandy averages 25/15 while bama goes 38/8 I feel more swayed by bamas numbers than vandy’s. Bama held an impressive Florida offense to 10 and Ark to 14… while putting up big numbers on respectable defenses ( 38 in both games) I see them posting a similar number here, just hoping vandy can score any. Hmmmm…I personally think bama covers the over themselves and if they do, the -30 shouldn’t be tough but I am staying away from this one. I think vandy is like 10-3 ATS vs Bama... since 92

OSU vs KU- *****OV 71.5 LOCK
    This one is really straight forward, both teams have good offenses and not brilliant defenses… OSU averages 46.8 / 27.5 while KU goes 36.3 / 44.3 I see the final score being something like 56-28, but should be an easy cover, this line would be good up to 78 easy, lock it in before it climbs.
    Michigan vs Northwestern: ***Michigan -7
    Before I even look at the stats Im just going to type I like this line a lot, to my knowledge NW gives up points, and has limited offensive abilities, which isn’t a good recipe against a very potent Mich Offense with a greatly improved defense under Hoke. Michigan averages 37.2 / 10.2 while NW has gone 28.8 / 24.3. Michigan is 4-1 ATS over its first 5 games while NW is 2-2. I think the public over values Persa here and doesn’t consider NW’s overall lack-luster team. I don’t really like the Over 59 here because Im note sure how effective NW offense will be, especially if they pull out Persa once it gets out of hand.

Arizona vs Oregon State: ***Zona -1.5
    Not sure what to make of this line, unless they just assume the public sees losses/blowouts and fades a team, because Zona is legit and can put points on the board. They showed flashes against Oregon, and ended up only losing to USC by one score. They have trouble with pass happy offenses but the stretch of teams they have faced (OSU, Stanford, Oregon, USC) will more than prepare them for a beaver team who has yet to win a game. Including a loss to Sacramento state.
    OrSt averages 16.8 / 31.5 while Zona goes 27.4 / 37.6 Oregon
    here is a little write up
    Two bad teams heading south in their programs from previous years...OSU is 6-2 last 8 in this series but i don't see it happening this year... Oregon already had a depleted OL and now lost two more starters leaving them on the OL with exp. Not good for a true Fresh QB Mannion taking the helm from Katz..OSU cant get the running game going with no OL and two scat backs who are midgets under 185 lbs..Puts allot of pressure on a QB hence 2 tds and 5 int...looking at the two Arizona (injuries not a factor since most on the injury report are back ups) comes in with a brutal schedule behind them playing Oklahoma St., Stanford, USC and Oregon going 1-4..most teams would and most teams would give 500 yards a game against those O's...so when u compare OSU giving up 372 to far less talented teams (except Wisconsin) the D's actually match up...OSU comes in 0-4 losing to Sacramento St. (r u kidding me) Arizona St., UCLA and Wisconsin getting shelled in all of them...Foles for Arizona is still having a great year and has all key players at WR,RB and TE...Foles has 73% completion rate 14 td's and 2 int against great teams (USC is OK) with this being said their OL is in shambles and three freshman and only 1 OL above 300 lbs....Bottom line will the be the passing attack with Foles going crazy here...Too much for a shattered D and a bad Oregan St. D/O/Special Teams/Fans/Cheerleaders and whomever else you can throw in that bunch...Foles passes for 350 yards and 4 tds...Arizona 35 Oregan St. 21

Utah vs ASU: ****ASU -4
    This one seems as sexy as any to me, I think the public over-values Utah after a strong season last year and a close game with USC this year and a pasting of a mediocre BYU team. Look for this to be a pretty solid beasting. Washington just put it on Utah and meh its Washington. ASU has pasted USC and Oregon State while losing a tight battle to Illinois and coming out with a nice win over Missouri, look for them to cover this spread easily behind a strong defense that is easily able to rattle Utah rookie QB Jon Hays in his first career start. Oh and ASU averages 35/20 while Utah goes 27/18 and will most definitely be less behind a new QB.

TCU vs San Diego State: *****Over 55 LOCK
    TCU’s defense has not been impressive allowing 28 points a game, while their offense has been decent scoring nearly 42 per game, San Diego state has allowed at least 20 to every opponent they have played, averaging 23 pts against, and 30points for. I see both teams scoring in the low 30’s should be a pretty simple cover… did I mention 5 of 5 games have gone OVER for TCU this year

Maryland vs GaTech: *****Ov 63.5 LOCK
    GaTech scores in bunches, and is content with a shoot-out. Maryland doesn’t have a great offense but as long as they can get 14-21 on the board (which should be simple against a GaTech team who has given up 21+ to every team this year) this will be a cover. Take it to the bank and Lock it in!!! Did I mention Gatech has gone over in every game?

Stanford vs Colorado: Stanford -29.5
    Its a lot of points but Stanford is 4-0 against the spread and has won 9 of their last 10 games by more than 25pts. Colorado got beasted by Hawaii and OHST, and I think Stan will super-beast them, if that’s a word. YAY! Stanford is averaging 46/11 while Colorado is showing 24.4 / 30.4. CU has a very depleted seconday cards roll. lets pray for a beastin and an 8-0 weekend.
    Last edited by spladle08; 10-04-11 at 03:59 PM.

spladle08

I like em so much I parlayed
    Amount : Risking 100.00 To Win 16,876.28 USD

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

that boise over is not a good play

I think boise is 1-3 on OVERS this year, their defense is really really good and they have a more conservative attack than years past

expect like a 37-14 Boise win in that game

spladle08

I dont disagree that Boise has been an under team all year, but Im expecting Fresno to score in the 20s. Nevada had a crappy offense to begin with going over 20 once in 4 games, Tulsa isnt the same team they have been in the past isnt their best receiver out? and didnt they play a back up QB? Toledo just got shut down, and Boise meh i cant justify that game. and Georgia was Georgia... no real point here... BSU has scored 35-40-41-30
    Fresno on the other hand doesnt have the absolute worst offense (Lost to Neb 42-29, California 36-21, Ole miss 38-28, and threw up 48 on Idaho) Im just rambling out number but yeah I dunno
    Boise is Under in 3 of 4 while Fresno has gone over in 4 of 5
    its a toss.... looks like the last 2 times they played it was 51-0 and 51-34... I think Fres scores some at home... pray for me
    Wish I would have locked in a different game
    Oh side note, I think people have been HAMMERING the Unders on Boise, and this line may be a way of Vegas adjusting to that

brahmabull117

the only way fresno will get to the 20s is if they score a couple garbage time touchdowns

Boise defense this year is just phenomenal, they will dominate that game

spladle08

Would you have said the same thing in the Nebraska game?

spladle08

bizzity bump

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona should be money this week ... maybe even Arizona St though I heard their HC is a moron ... what I really like tough is the Over in Maryland @ GaTech ... a bit worried bout the 71.5 in OSU@KU game such a high number a lot of stuff could go wrong, they travel to Texas next week and if they get a big lead they might slow down .... anyways also gonna parlay Arizona + Arizona St + Over Maryland @GaTech.
    What is your take on Conn @ West Virginia ? I see the mountaineers covering the 19.5 spread easily.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spladle08 View Post
    I like em so much I parlayed
    Amount : Risking 100.00 To Win 16,876.28 USD

you parlayed all those games? didn't your write up say you didn't like the Alabama game? careful using the word lock....

Spaddle you new here pal? honestly how have you been doing the past few weeks?

spladle08

Doing pretty well I need to make a continuous thread I parlayed the one's I liked just wrote on the others because I thought I liked em... I usually bet 2u per game... last week got bold and did a 7u parlay 3 teamer and lost on niu which was also my only team to lose on my 8 teamer... but collected on all the individual games for 2u each ... doing the same here 2u x 8plays = 16u in play plus a 1u monster parlay... meh doesn't seem bad

spladle08

and yes its just for fun and yes I will probably lose half of a win due to this waste of 1u but meh seems alright
    Risk:$100.00 (USD) To Win Amount:$16,876.28 (USD) Description: Football - NCAA - Boise State vs. Fresno State - Boise State/Fresno State OV 58.5
    Football - NCAA - Arizona State vs. Utah - Arizona State -4
    Football - NCAA - Maryland vs. Georgia Tech - Maryland/Georgia Tech OV 63.5
    Football - NCAA - Colorado vs. Stanford - Stanford -29.5
    Football - NCAA - Arizona vs. Oregon State - Arizona -1.5
    Football - NCAA - Kansas vs. Oklahoma State - Kansas/Oklahoma State OV 71.5
    Football - NCAA - Michigan vs. Northwestern - Michigan -7
    Football - NCAA - TCU vs. San Diego State - TCU/San Diego State OV 56

Sorry you hate me ICE... Cris from Europe Im looking up your WVU game now
    Ive got no elaborate break down, Uconn isnt a terrible team and WVU is explosive but I dont see them being a hands down favorite to cover 3 scores. Uconn can score, and has a decent defense, the game is in Morgantown so thats a plus but this game shouldnt be touched IMO, WVU struggled second half against Marlyand, first half against Norfolk state... played ok against LSU and beasted Bowling green. which is fine, but meh outside of LSU I'd say Uconn has played the tougher schedule and seems to be competitive in all games. Uconn avg 25pts while allowing 18 and WVU shows 40/22 meh I feel like a 14point line here is better but yeah i would stay away from it, your call
    Last edited by spladle08; 10-05-11 at 12:11 PM.

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

guess I wasn't the only one who lost cause of NIU last week ...... what's worse is that I went BIG on a 5 team ML parlay and the only one I got wrong was NIU ... imagine my frustration seeing them get beasted by freakin' Central Michigan ..... grrrrr ..... anyways ... thanks for your thoughts on WV.

spladle08

lol yeah it was the 3rd game of my big one and I was sad every minute especially with a 17-0 start....as the day progressed and auburn and clemson both won, I started thinking if my friggin 8teamer hits all but that one I will be pretty disappointed, and sure enough stanford covered and I sighed loudly No 3teamers yet this week, but Im sure I will degen-out and make a few hours before kick-off... I think the 100 though may be my only parlay play after NIU made me lose all confidence in myself... CMU really?. Damnit

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Alright I tracked it down, good thread, great info. I think you're right with Arizona, I picked em to cover last week vs USC.....for a long time that looked like a real bad bet, but I havent lost a bet with Arizona involved yet, haha. That Boise will also be tough, I played the 1st half like yall said

spladle08

Good luck Jake, I added the Baylor/ISU over 63.5 and Auburn/Ark ov 63.5 I think both are winners, I can see Ark airing it out for 40 and Auburn at least getting in the high 20's, and obviously Baylor scores in bunches, and I dont think they will stop ISU from scoring in the 20s.. but anyways good luck man, I hope you do well this weekend

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Keep seing sound logic from this guy & Ive been getting pounded last couple weeks so I'm gonna tail. You got a one week trial O8 so now's a good time to get hot!!

spladle08

well lets hope it goes well. Im sure you have picked and choosed the ones you liked, but im not 100% sold on my Boise Ov pick after people have been questioning me about it but I still feel like its a favorite over the under, I know they are 1-3 over-under but Fresno has given up bunches of points, and I personally feel both teams can put points on the board, I really expect 21+ from Fresno at home despite Boise's strong defense. People have been making a semi-fuss about Moore's struggles last week and I think this is also a good spot for him to rebound and have a huge game, but anyways I'm locked in so I am playing it regardless. Im basically not confident enough to bet on the Oregon game tonight and I wanted action before Saturday so i chose this play. If you arent an action junkie consider replacing it with Auburn/Ark Ov 63 or Baylor/ISU OV 63 or just a no play. I think Ark is going to light Auburn up. Auburn has got scored on in bunches by decent offenses (they looked good last week, but South Carolina's offense is feast or famine), and Ark isn't exactly a stout defense giving up 28 to troy, 38 to bama, and 38 to a&m, Look for Auburn to post a mid 20's to low 30's number and Arkansas to exceed 40 for the 4th time this year. BOL

brahmabull117

u guys playing georgia tech - 14 (I'd buy a half point to make it 13.5)??

I think they'll win by 17-24 in that one as long as washington plays better than he did last week

spladle08

Damn I just typed a response and it got deleted. It basically said I'm hesitant to bet anything but the OVER here. I feel like this is a semi-trap game. Obviously Gtech could just roll, especially with the potent running game vs not so potent run D match-up, but yeah... Maryland beat Miami (who some thought would be good and hasnt been terrible, crushing OHST and losing a tight one to KSU in a possible let down game) Then, lost a 6pt game to WVU after playing a terrible first half. I cant explain how they got hammered by Temple but they did, and then they routinely beat Towson (low score could be credited to looking ahead). This is Marylands first away game so who knows which team will show up. Blah I dunno. I would like to think 54.6 points for and 24.3 against at home is enough to say "lock it in" but its conference play I really have no answer for you, all signs point to dont even worry about the half point just take anything 15 or less but... just gives me an uneasy feeling

brahmabull117

couple things in this game

1)Maryland's run defense is absolutely horrible. You have an inexperience defense trying to slow down the 2nd best offense in the country on the road. Maryland just doesn't have the horses to contain Gtech's offense as long as gtech doesn't beat themselves (which you can't worry about cause you can't handicap it)

2)Georgia's tech defense is very very underrated. They have played great in almost every game this year - they give up a lot of points because they're usually up by a very big margin so they give up some meaningless garbage time scores in the 4th quarter. Look at that north carolina state game, NCST only had 14 points on offense in their own home building when the game mattered (they scored a couple very late TDs on offense when the game was long over and they got a miraculous fumble returned for a TD). They have had great defensive stats when the game is somewhat close

3)I'm hesitant to play the over here because maryland isn't a great over team, they tend to play slower paced games and I think they will lose this like 42-23. 64 points is a very sharp line for this game IMO

spladle08

They are 2/2 Ov/Un and went over against the 2 "real" teams they played Miami and WVU, I think WVU has a better defense and still gave up some points, as you said before the running game vs the crappy D should be easily exploitable, but I still feel like Maryland can put up numbers. Maryland is 1-3 ATS while Gtech is 4-0-1 ATS, I feel they will cover 3 scores but I would have bet the house on them covering last week against NCST, I like the play, I just dont have the balls to make it. I've already got the Over in this game, cant get too many of my chickens in this basket let me know how you do on gameday, if I win on Boise tomorrow I will probably put all those units back in play on Saturday if I can find another solid pick.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

nice write ups, good luck.

spladle08

Thanks you too VT

brahmabull117

They are 2/2 Ov/Un and went over against the 2 "real" teams they played Miami and WVU, I think WVU has a better defense and still gave up some points, as you said before the running game vs the crappy D should be easily exploitable, but I still feel like Maryland can put up numbers. Maryland is 1-3 ATS while Gtech is 4-0-1 ATS, I feel they will cover 3 scores but I would have bet the house on them covering last week against NCST, I like the play, I just dont have the balls to make it. I've already got the Over in this game, cant get too many of my chickens in this basket let me know how you do on gameday, if I win on Boise tomorrow I will probably put all those units back in play on Saturday if I can find another solid pick.

gtech covers that spread 9 out of 10 times, it took a miraculous fumble return for TD with 30 seconds to go just for a push (or a slight win depending on what play you had). I think if those 2 teams play a 100 games, the average margin would be Gtech by 17-21

the over's not a bad play, I am just kinda scared of maryland having some long clock eating possessions with their short throwing game. I feel the spread is a safer play

spladle08

good luck man... hopefully you're still around when NBA hits and I go bananas

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

you're good at NBA? i was awful at it, might tail someone this year.

spladle08

I did great in 09/10, then for the 10/11 season I did well through February then got a divorce and went crazy, betting half my BR a game, drinking like a sailor, etc, etc... that lasted through the playoffs and the early season of baseball, but i'm back on even ground, been back on my analysis (Im new to these forums but Im assuming with increased resources I will show increased profitability, I look forward to the NBA more this year than ever. Look forward to talking over picks with you FACE)

brahmabull117

I did great in 09/10, then for the 10/11 season I did well through February then got a divorce and went crazy, betting half my BR a game, drinking like a sailor, etc, etc... that lasted through the playoffs and the early season of baseball, but i'm back on even ground, been back on my analysis (Im new to these forums but Im assuming with increased resources I will show increased profitability, I look forward to the NBA more this year than ever. Look forward to talking over picks with you FACE)

easiest way to bet in basketball is moneyline parlays

good teams rarely lose to bad teams in basketball straight up - check out the heat's ridiculous record against bad teams last year

otherwise just look for teams that are on super hot streaks or teams that have a history of dominating an opponent

spladle08

Look at the Michigan Thread.. people really like NW in this spot and I simply dont see it

brahmabull117

Look at the Michigan Thread.. people really like NW in this spot and I simply dont see it

that's a coin flip game

which is the biggest reason why people go broke in betting - they bet on games that are 100% coin flip, get killed by the juice long term and ask themselves why they're broke

spladle08

Glad I opted to avoid this Oregon Game...weird the way these 2 teams play, kinda reminds me of the Tennessee game a year or 2 ago where the Ducks ended up rolling, but we'll see shortly, 2nd half could be more of the same

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Over in the Oregon game is gonna hit. I like the Georgia Tech/Maryland and the Kansas-OK state over's also.

spladle08

Doesnt look like it is going to hit, as I listed in my initial review (pray it holds up) Oregon covering the points is a better choice than the over as 5 of the last 5 games @ Eugene have gone under, lol watch cali score a "meaningless TD" here... that would cheer some people up

spladle08

Mwhaha the ridiculous 8 team parlay remains alive

12 Last