Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans +Brief Write ups Opinions PLEASE can't afford a single loser this weekend!

What up college football fans??? NCAA is fukin joke. Can't believe Dan Herron and Devier Posey get an additional 3 game suspension for being over paid for their summer jobs. Rediculous! Since when is it illegal for your boss to give you a bonus???

I still like college football b/c it's entertaining but the NCAA is a joke. I need some advice , which games should I play or not play..??? here are my leans

Tennessee Vols ML vs Georgia ( Both teams have good young QB's , Georgia has been tested more ... don't know a damn thing about either teams defense... other than neither one are very good.... but ya gotta go with the home team in this one right? 7pm start time in good ole rocky top , fans should be nice and lubed up on that white lightning!!

Stanford -29 vs Colorado ( okay Colorado may just be the worst team in College football. )Ohio State kicked the shit out of them and Ohio State has a very sluggish offense. I know a lot of those points in the Ohio State game were generated off fumbles , lucky plays etc...

Haven't really seen Stanford play this year... heard they lost a lot on defense , a good coach, and I heard Andrew Luck is having a dissapointing year so far. But can they cover 29 at home? will they try to?

Oklahoma -10 vs Texas Texas has a huge fan base .... the entire state of Texas and then some so obviously they are going to have a lot people betting on them in this game. People in Texas feel like the Longhorns are a lot better than really are. Texas sucked last year... this year they have not been tested. I know they have 2 new QB's but how good is any team that rotates QB's??? it's nearly impossible to have any type of offensive rhythm with 2 QB's. Oklahoma is a national title contender .... all the pieces are in place for Oklahoma. They are polished. There defense gives up points b/c the offense scores so quickly but they are very physical. Only thing that concerns me is that this is a Rivalry game and traditonally these games are close. As far as talent goes Oklahoma is better than Texas at every position on the field.

LSU -13.5 Freshman QB playing on the road in Baton Rouge ...... against that LSU defense??? This game has the Tigers licking their chops boys. A lot of people said LSU might not be ready for Kentucky b/c of the early kickoff. Well this is a 2:30 local start time. Fans will be hammered by kickoff hootin and hollerin cajun style. I know Florida has speed but it will be no match for LSU's defense. Only concern in this game is LSU's offense is kind of sluggish.
    It took Lee a long time to get in rhythm offensively vs a terrible Kentucky team last week. Left a lot of balls up. They need to get the ball in the hands up Shepherd early and often and get JJ involved on some QB keepers. Expect a bunch of turnovers by Florida's offense. I think I might buy the hook on this one just in case LSU's offense decides not to show up.

Nebraska -10.5 hate to bet against by Buckeyes but if they are going to suck ... i might as well profit from it. Dan Herron and Devier Posey would have given this offense a much needed spark. Going to be tough sledding for Ohio State to get going offensively on the road at Nebraska. the return of LT Mike Adams will help limit all those sacks the Buckeyes allowed last week but I don't think it will be enough. The under might be a nice play too anybody know the number? Ohio State's defense is pretty decent although they got torched on the ground vs Miami.

Notre Dame -16 I absolutely hate Notre Shame. But i like money. They are a good offense and Air Force sucks real bad right? Do they cover this easy or do they continue to under achieve as a program?
    Would really piss me off to have to root for Notre Dame and have them lay an egg lol

I know these are all favorites except for Tennessee but fukk it I am not taking a road team ever again. College kids just can't handle playing on the road. (last week was the exception... Clemson, Auburn, Michigan State....)

Ice House

19 views and no comments lol ... c'mon somebody say something . do these picks suck? which one should I not play?

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

I like nebraska to bounce back, but i think u an get a better number. Stanford cant keep covering these big numbers, almost didnt last week, dont trust the irish at all. Love the lsu pick, got it myself at 13. Trust ur gut bro! Good luck!

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

I am also on cal +24, and mtsu-10 fwiw, good luck

ImmortalKrop
    ImmortalKrop's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12918

In my opinion, the Oklahoma and LSU games are just like the Alabama and Wisconsin games from last week. Oklahoma and LSU are just far superior teams and should cruise to 20+ point victories.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Posey and Herron should be toast, I am tired of the university taking the blunt end of this, season is a wash at this point. NCAA does not make any sense, but nor does a lot of laws in this country, but we have to follow them. If philly is back the team gets a much needed spark. No word on nate williams yet, but we get our 2nd best ol back in lt mike adams, and a good rush end in soloman thomas. Buckeyes will play better, I am not touching it... but then again saturday I probably will...

LSU is unreal, but this game is going to go two ways LSU by 28+, or florida starts early and has some tricks to keep them in it, maybe winning. They started early vs. Bama, but I feel they still had a punchers shot before Brantley went down, they show glimpse... LSU does not have trent richardson... so I dont know...

Texas same boat as florida...I am again not going to touch it... OU could blow the roof off of texas "run"... then again the early start and trick plays (see the ISU gm) may keep them in it... I am undecided on OU but they look good esp. vs. FSU.

I would be on Notre Dame too, they are bed shitters... but AF is really bad this year.. only thing that scares me is AF dominates T.O.P and Floydd and Woods cant get onto the field... we will see how ND stops the option, which they have constantly struggled with...

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Take LSU and Oklahoma and tease those two LSU -6.5 and Oklahoma -3 .... I like that the best out of those plays...bet it to win a 1k

CrunchRebel4
    OKLAHOMA
    CrunchRebel4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love LSU to cover vs FLA, chokies -9 is too much in this rivalry game, hate ND but would have to take them vs an awful AF. Stanford should cover against the Buffs and also Like Nebraska after getting hammered in madison, they are gonna be pissed and take it out on the Buckeyes.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Did you do the same thing yesterday?

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

oklahoma and Nebraska - easy.

And you are right with this stuff with Posey and Herron. Bunch of bullshit. The employer claims he never overpaid them.

Ncaa is a frikking joke for one reason - it is okay for them to profit MILLIONS off these kids, but a kid gets an extra $100 or $200 here and there and it is a crime, and they can't play football. complete effing joke, and it is possible going to destroy two kids shots in the NFL

Ice House

I hear Colorado has a guy getting significant playing time at cornerback that has never played defense before in his football career. This is supposedly due to injuries. 29 points is a lot though.... starting reconsider this one.

Oregon -24 is tempting. Oregon is awesome at home and they love to run the score up with that high tempo offense.

also considering Boise State -12.5 first half but i'll be honest I don't know anything about Fresno State , I do know that Boise States QB Kellen Moore is great.

Seems like everyone is pounding Georgia on 5 dimes... anybody follow Georgia or Tenn. closely?

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    oklahoma and Nebraska - easy.

And you are right with this stuff with Posey and Herron. Bunch of bullshit. The employer claims he never overpaid them.

Ncaa is a frikking joke for one reason - it is okay for them to profit MILLIONS off these kids, but a kid gets an extra $100 or $200 here and there and it is a crime, and they can't play football. complete effing joke, and it is possible going to destroy two kids shots in the NFL

yeah this is really bad for the 2 players chances at the NFL. Wish they could red-shirt this season. For as much invesitigation as the NCAA does they must have a staff similar to the FBI or CIA's not really to that extent but it seems a waste of money to investigate college kids like this. Can't believe they even told Sabino he was overpaid $60 bucks and he had to pay $60 to a charity to get to play in this game.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

this issue is that this employeer is a now defunct by tOSU booster... It was a job in cleveland, why go to cleveland 2 hours away when there is plenty of manual albor jobs during the summer in C'bus... fact is they knew this guy would hook them up. Am I saying this is wrong, no, but when you are already in trouble for getting hooked up. Then put off the glamore for 6 more months and do what you have to do and then get paid. I am sick of people saying they are exploited.... the kids that want a piece of the pie are receiving a free education, a platform to promote themselves, leading to future earnings, its comes down to making the sacrifices now

regardless of how out of whack the rules and NCAA is, fact is the rules still exist... the NCAA will disband soon but for the time being follow the damn rules.

and Nate Williams isnt playing... so Solomon Thomas is gonna have to be huge... I am still leaning on the bucks... maybe a small ML play

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would tread lightly if you're playing Oklahoma. Laying 9.5 points in a big rivalry game is a dangerous position to be in.

49erFan8280
    49erFan8280's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

While I like Oklahoma, you just can't tell with those rivalry games. I do think that Texas is overrated, but I just can't make that bet with better one's out there.

Stanford is the only other one I'm staying away from. While Colorado is indeed a horrible team, Standford is due for a let down. By let down I mean not covering the spread. not by losing the game lol. Stanford's been very good with not allowing teams to come back with backdoor cover, but I'm not sure how many times they can get away with it. I'd be more comfortable betting them up to 24 here.

Tennessee and LSU are my top two from your list.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

choking on chalk

Ice House

wasn't Texas unranked to begin the season? and now are 4-0 against 4 unranked teams and they are suddenly #10 in the nation?

ESPN is notorious for hyping up teams in order to make you want to watch a game. They really wanted this to be a matchup of 2 top 10 teams. Texas is young and inexperienced and has no business even being on the same field as Oklahoma. I really don't think this will be close.

Ice House

i have decided not to play Stanford and Notre Dame.

looking at this V-Tech vs Miami game... anybody playing this game?

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Texas is a different team with a different QB and different coaches than last year. Pretty much an entirely different team. I would not base ANYTHING on last year as far as Texas is concerned.

Ice House

damn't everbody on the Longhorns nuts... guess I will play it safe with Oklahoma ML