cwsmith
    cwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Kansas +32?

With as many points as these teams put up AND allow, is Ok St really going to be able to cover 32 in this conference game?

TUDINH
    TUDINH's Avatar Become A Pro!

With as many points as these teams put up AND allow, is Ok St really going to be able to cover 32 in this conference game? = no

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I wouldn't touch this game

OSU will be up about 30-40 points at one point in this game and then you're just gonna be praying for a backdoor cover. There was a lot of people who took a 40 point spread against OU last week because they assumed OU would call the dogs off but they ended up winning by 60 or so

the total is a much safer play - OSU will score 48-69 points and give up somewhere along 21-38

The Universe
    The Universe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good

davidx191
    davidx191's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Wait for the total line and OSU total line to come out.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

OVER 71.5

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER! fo sho

CPJFTW
    CPJFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welp, I'll be taking the under. lol

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

i never take a team giving up that many points when its a conference game ,no matter who it is

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I bet the over myself. Over 71.5. Man, that's a big number but hopefully not big enough.

Boscoe

huge number but

Total Off: OSU #3, KU #28
    Scoring Off: OSU #6, KU #29
    Total Def: OSU #104, KU #119 (only Rice is worse)
    Scoring Def: OSU #76, KU #120 (dead last)
    Last edited by Boscoe; 10-04-11 at 10:33 AM.

CPJFTW
    CPJFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    huge number but

Total Off: OSU #3, KU #28
    Scoring Off: OSU #6, KU #29
    Total Def: OSU #104, KU #119 (only Rice is worse)
    Scoring Def: OSU #76, KU #120 (dead last)

Numbers lie....

Kansas has faced Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech... Their defense isn't supposed to look so hot there against the number 1, and number 4 offenses in the nation...BUT it's not a matter of holding them down, it's a matter of making a 30+ point spread...While kansas does suck, they are averaging about 37 points a game, and do have a pretty decent offense. Do you really expect OSU to double them in points, even if kansas scored 30 points?

OSU has given up over 30 points to tulsa, and Louisiana Lafayette... I mean, there's two teams that adam sandler shut out by himself.

This matchup will lead to a high scoring affair...the over might be the play here, and I did in fact, take kansas to make the points. I think OSU has a hard time covering a 30+ point spread in a conference game when they are giving up 30 points a game, facing off against a kansas offense averaging 37...

Maybe numbers don't lie afterall, better pay attention to which ones you are listening to though.
    Last edited by CPJFTW; 10-04-11 at 11:47 AM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by CPJFTW View Post
    Numbers lie.... Kansas has faced Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech... Their defense isn't supposed to look so hot there against the number 1, and number 4 offenses in the nation...BUT it's not a matter of holding them down, it's a matter of making a 30+ point spread...While kansas does suck, they are averaging about 37 points a game, and do have a pretty decent offense. Do you really expect OSU to double them in points, even if kansas scored 30 points? OSU has given up over 30 points to tulsa, and Louisiana Lafayette... I mean, there's two teams that adam sandler shut out by himself. This matchup will lead to a high scoring affair...the over might be the play here, and I did in fact, take kansas to make the points. I think OSU has a hard time covering a 30+ point spread in a conference game when they are giving up 30 points a game, facing off against a kansas offense averaging 37... Maybe numbers don't lie afterall, better pay attention to which ones you are listening to though.

I don't think it's a terrible play, but would it really shock you if OSU wins this game 65 - 27???

I think there's way better plays on the board, the over here is a much much much safer play than a spread play either way

Boscoe

Quote Originally Posted by CPJFTW View Post
    Numbers lie....

Kansas has faced Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech... Their defense isn't supposed to look so hot there against the number 1, and number 4 offenses in the nation...BUT it's not a matter of holding them down, it's a matter of making a 30+ point spread...While kansas does suck, they are averaging about 37 points a game, and do have a pretty decent offense. Do you really expect OSU to double them in points, even if kansas scored 30 points?

OSU has given up over 30 points to tulsa, and Louisiana Lafayette... I mean, there's two teams that adam sandler shut out by himself.

This matchup will lead to a high scoring affair...the over might be the play here, and I did in fact, take kansas to make the points. I think OSU has a hard time covering a 30+ point spread in a conference game when they are giving up 30 points a game, facing off against a kansas offense averaging 37...

Maybe numbers don't lie afterall, better pay attention to which ones you are listening to though.
    yeah, i meant the over is a huge number. i'm still taking the over and staying away from a side bet on this one.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Books might not allow it but Kansas and the under would be a juicy parlay. A couple clock eating drives maybe a lucky to by Ok St. would pay +260.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    Books might not allow it but Kansas and the under would be a juicy parlay. A couple clock eating drives maybe a lucky to by Ok St. would pay +260.

under?? u fukkin crazy??

even if OSU's 1st team defense completely shuts down kansas' offense for the first 3 quarters, how much faith do you have that OSU's 2nd and 3rd team defense will be able to prevent kansas from scoring a bunch of points in garbage time??

keep in mind kansas is averaging about 36-37 points per game this year and they should get somewhat close to that with a bunch of scores in garbage time when OSU is up like 55-10

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is the over / under number onthis game?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    what is the over / under number onthis game?

line is off by about 10 points, should be closer to 80 total