Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Fresno State fans suck

I went to the Fresno State/Ole Miss game on a whim. I was in Reno and I have a friend who was flying to the game and he offered to take me.

Anyway, we show up at the stadium and the Ole Miss fans are going fukking bonkers and shit-faced and yelling shit all over the stadium. Fresno fans were sitting there looking bored, making no noise except on third down plays. When Fresno had the ball, all you could hear in the whole stadium were Ole Miss fans yelling "Def-fense!" It was almost like a home game for Ole Miss with only 1,000 Ole Miss fans in the stadium. When Ole Miss had the ball, it was just as quiet except on third down. And even then, it was a whisper by SEC standards ... I've been to SEC games that were so loud I had friends tell me they could literally hear the game two towns away.

I don't know what the deal is with Fresno State, I expected a different environment. I guess maybe they don't take football that seriouslly there. But I thought they did. At one point, I looked around and I just had the thought: "really? This is how you guys support your team? No wonder they don't win."

Bottom line: Fresno State does not have an intimidating home atmosphere and Boise State is not going to be scared there on Friday. If anything, the Boise fans will be louder.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

the red army travels well but not the loudest, lot of their fans are older.