Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Early Picks for Oct 8th?

My book probably wont have spreads up until tomorrow evening, but here are some of the games I'll be looking at

Stanford @ Colorado - Colorado is hurting losing to WSU, they are in a really bad state right now. Stanford looked unstoppable tonight, and their coach loves to put up points, no matter what the score is. I think anything under -31 is a steal.

Vanderbilt @ Alabama - Roll tide! Bama at home after crushing Florida in the swamp, Vandy is 3-1, but I bet the spread will be around Bama -21

Maryland @ Georgia Tech - Maryland is a decent team, and GT didn't even cover the spread this week(lets not talk about it), but everyone loves that offense. I bet it's G-Tech-15

Connecticuit @ West Virginia - Connecticuit has been disappointing, and WVU has had a decent season, but not ATS. Good news is that Holgorson is the best coach in football, and I think we'll see this WVU offense really get rolling in the 2nd part of the season. Holgorson is no suprise to public, though, I bet it's WVU -17

Boise State @ Fresno State - I don't think Fresno is that much better than Nevada, but it'd be 28 if it were on blue turf - Boise State -22

So what do you ya'll think?

davidx191
    davidx191's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I am pounding the overs for any Houston/Baylor/Georgia Tech/Texas Tech/Arkansas/Oklahoma State game.

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Kansas @ Oklahoma State
    East Carolina @ Houston
    Texas AM @ Texas Tech
    Iowa St @ Baylor
    Auburn @ Arkansas

Pick a few games, what do you think the spreads will be?
    Last edited by Coach Jake; 10-02-11 at 02:14 AM.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Texas A&M -6

Don't know how it can be any less. A&M should roll

Inkwell77

Arkansas -8.5

So much more experience and at home. Look for a repeat type performance of the Clemson/Auburn game

Inkwell77

With the Arkansas game I had the right number for the opening line, but it steamed up to -10

Texas A&M game started at -6 and I gotta think that number is going to be at least -7 if not -7.5

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jake View Post
    My book probably wont have spreads up until tomorrow evening, but here are some of the games I'll be looking at

Stanford @ Colorado - Colorado is hurting losing to WSU, they are in a really bad state right now. Stanford looked unstoppable tonight, and their coach loves to put up points, no matter what the score is. I think anything under -31 is a steal.

Vanderbilt @ Alabama - Roll tide! Bama at home after crushing Florida in the swamp, Vandy is 3-1, but I bet the spread will be around Bama -21

Maryland @ Georgia Tech - Maryland is a decent team, and GT didn't even cover the spread this week(lets not talk about it), but everyone loves that offense. I bet it's G-Tech-15

Connecticuit @ West Virginia - Connecticuit has been disappointing, and WVU has had a decent season, but not ATS. Good news is that Holgorson is the best coach in football, and I think we'll see this WVU offense really get rolling in the 2nd part of the season. Holgorson is no suprise to public, though, I bet it's WVU -17

Boise State @ Fresno State - I don't think Fresno is that much better than Nevada, but it'd be 28 if it were on blue turf - Boise State -22

So what do you ya'll think?

Pretty good numbers all around man.

You could have some value with Boise as it's -20 right now.

Stanford opened at -29 but it has steamed down to -27. I would be hesitant to bet Stanford in this spot.

Alabama opened at -29 and that number has not changed. Maybe some value on Vandy?

Right on the number with Georgia Tech -15.

The West Virginia game may be the craziest number of the week as it opened at West Virginia -14.5 and now it is West Virginia -20. Seems like a bit too big of a move.

I just compared last weeks games and not including half point differences (so line moves of 1 or more points) the opening number at the wynn was closer to the final score in 20 games while the closing number was closer to the final score in 16 games. That does not include every game because some games are left off the board till later in the week and I did not track those games and the sample is tiny and I just looked at the numbers in a rush so there may be a mistake or 2, but sorta interesting.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

my early leans...

Rutgers +9 vs. Pitt

UNC -14 vs. Louisville

Rice -21 vs. Memphis

Army +1 @ Miami OH

Ball State +11 vs. Temple

BYU -11' vs. SJ State

Northern Illinois -17 vs. Kent State

Tennessee +1 vs. Georgia