High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Interesting angle on Utah St. BYU

In looking at both teams' past opponents, I think there may be some weight to the following argument, in which BYU does a better job playing up to their opponents, while having a tendency to relax against opponents they are suppose to win against.

Utah, though its in-state Rivalry, was a game where they were heavily favored to win, as the visiting team has fared poorly in the others' stadium. BYU imploded and whether this can be argued a number of different ways, I argue that BYU is very susceptible to the motivation/ emotion variable...may be more than the average college football team. If we go back a week from the Utah/BYU game, we see a tough loss on the road to Texas, which shouldn't take away anything from the program, other than it supports the x-factor variable that I think may re-enter and affect tonight's game. So after a well-needed victory over UCF, a game where things definitely worked out in BYU's favor, can they muster enough to play well, while playing down against another in-state opponent? Stats are likely to support a BYU cover, but I am not so sure.

On the flip side, we all know what Utah State wants to do tonight...their preferred style of play, but if they were work in some play action, it could be the perfect recipe to abuse BYU's tendencies. If Utah st. did what they were suppose to do last weekend, BYU is not favored by a touchdown and a half-point. I think Utah St. does enough to keep the clock rolling, BYU plays conservative down field football and we see this game going under, though the line has moved slightly towards the over (was 50 last night on 5dimes). I wouldn't be confident betting either side.

bdub
    bdub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I am have Utah State at +8.5. BYUs new offensive coordinator has not yet shown he can get his offense on track.

High3rEl3m3nt

looks like most of sbr wins on this

High3rEl3m3nt

U 51.5 is a lifesaver