Just figured I would share this as I was thinking about it earlier. While I've always kicked myself for messing with teasers, I did realize they are a smart alternative to betting moneylines in SOME cases. I would say there is a case for them when considereing taking 2 ML's when a team is favored by 6-7 pts. In these instances, the ML's are usually between -250 to -290. If you picked 2 of these and let'd use a -260 example for 2 6.5 pt. favorites, risk 260 on each one ML to win 100. You go 1-1, you are down 160. If you did a tease (standard 6 pt. @ -110), you would be down 110. You just saved 50 bucks b/c by teasing, you are getting them at -.5 pt, so all they have to do is win, just like with a ML. There are no ties in college.

That being said, you lose both somehow, and you're down 520 (ouch). Tease and you're down 110. You just saved a shitload. It also gives you more money in your account to bet on other games with a traditional spread.

Just thought I'd share......BOL.

PS-I did a 7pt teaser (-140) on Temple -.5 and Texas Tech. I think this has a good shot and all they gotta do is win, not cover.