Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Money management help!!!

I put in the following parlay for fun....
    WF -3 WIN
    CST +3 WIN
    S Fla -12.5 WIN
    Arizona -3 WIN
    Boise St +3.5 WIN
    Notre Dame +1.5 WIN
    Central Mich -6.5
    Louis Tech +1
    Rice -2.5
    Boston College -3
    $100 to win $64208

I have also been putting money straight up on each team.... so I'm doing QUIT well this bowl season.

Here is my question...... I've hedged bets before when I need 1 more team in a parlay. This was just a "lottery ticket".... just for fun. BUT now I am 6-0. Should I start hedging my bets NOW? If so what makes sense? I usually play $100-$1000 on a game. Do I put $2k on Fla Atl? Should I wait and if I am 7-0 then start betting the other side? I only have $13k in my account so I cant wager more than that. Let me know what makes sense.

luffy
    luffy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I havent posted for awhile, but wanted to give my 2cents for you towards this since you seem to be on a hot streak.

HIT IT BIG AS YOU CAN ON FLORIDA ATL BECAUSE THAT IS THE GAME THAT YOU'LL MOST LIKELY LOSE AS EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMAS ARE ON CM.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Husker36,

First of all, congratulations. That is quite a streak you have going there. It would be quite impressive if you hit it. Just my opinion but considering your bankroll I would do the following:

1) Bet $800 on Fla Atlantic over Central Michigan (the way that line has risen, you might yourself a nice middle opportunity as well). If it wins, you've made money. If it loses, then:

2) Bet $1600 on Northern Illinois. If it wins, you've made money. If it loses, then:

3) Bet $3200 on Western Michigan. If it wins, you've made money. If it loses, then:

4) Bet $6400 on Vanderbilt. If it wins, you should cry and cry hard. If it loses, I'll expect some sort of commission.

Good luck to you.

E

luffy

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    Husker36,

First of all, congratulations. That is quite a streak you have going there. It would be quite impressive if you hit it. Just my opinion but considering your bankroll I would do the following:

1) Bet $800 on Fla Atlantic over Central Michigan (the way that line has risen, you might yourself a nice middle opportunity as well). If it wins, you've made money. If it loses, then:

2) Bet $1600 on Northern Illinois. If it wins, you've made money. If it loses, then:

3) Bet $3200 on Western Michigan. If it wins, you've made money. If it loses, then:

4) Bet $6400 on Vanderbilt. If it wins, you should cry and cry hard. If it loses, I'll expect some sort of commission.

Good luck to you.

E
    +1

But I'll do 1k and so on instead of 800.

In the end. if you do win the 64k, You would have made 49k. Thats pretty damn GOOD and if not, You'll end up with +1k out of this either way.

You might also want to do 2k and double up if you want to make 2k out of this. ^^
    Last edited by luffy; 12-24-08 at 10:26 PM.

EBone

I don't think he has enough for 1K. I think Husker said his bankroll was 13K. 1K + 2K + 4K +8K = 15K. Maybe somewhere between $800 and $1K. That should do it.

E

EBone

Maybe 2 open ended parlays on each bet instead. That might be the right way to go.

E

luffy

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    I don't think he has enough for 1K. I think Husker said his bankroll was 13K. 1K + 2K + 4K +8K = 15K. Maybe somewhere between $800 and $1K. That should do it.

E
    You are right about that. Forgot about his bankroll, but regardless, he can easily make alot of money on this if he is willing to put more money into his bankroll and double up on this opportunity.

4 more games to win 64K

Start next game with 2k bet

LOSE

Next game with 4k Bet

LOSE

Next game with 8k Bet

LOSE

Next game with 16k Bet

LOSE

and he'll still end up +++34K

if one game breaks, he'll end up with +++2K which is pretty damn sweet as it is a win win situation.

Husker36

Should I just wait 1 more game before even considering the other side?

EBone

Well, I like Central Michigan a lot but I also like money. So, my answer would be: hedge now.

E

luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Should I just wait 1 more game before even considering the other side?

Its up to you. If you want to win it all than wait. If you want to lessen your winnings but still guarantee that you'll get something out of this, You'll end up with at least +1k from this if you start now otherwise total winnings from this parlay = 0 if next game breaks.

Husker36

Ok after looking at the numbers it makes sense to wait atleast one more game. Thanks for everyone's input. If I lose Cent Mich -6.5 then I lose the $100 but I'll be up on the straight action from the first 6 games. I'm just going to pass putting money on Cent Mich.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

Wow. Good luck man, that is impressive

luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Ok after looking at the numbers it makes sense to wait atleast one more game. Thanks for everyone's input. If I lose Cent Mich -6.5 then I lose the $100 but I'll be up on the straight action from the first 6 games. I'm just going to pass putting money on Cent Mich.

What da ya kno? I was right, but too bad you didnt heed my advice. Could have been up +1k. I knew vegas was gonna make money tonite. Sorry suckers.

dolce05
    dolce05's Avatar Become A Pro!

good call luffy....nice run husker hope at least 1 more loses so its not the ol' "missed by 1" parlay...those are hard to swallow