Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keel44 View Post
    The total is high because S Florida dropped a 70 then a 52 the previous 2 games.
    winner winner chicken dinner....

its really not that complicated. too many people are caught up in reading between the lines instead of breaking down the game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Great thread my man, the public has no idea

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

over is not a winner yet

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Stop betting unders.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    Great thread my man, the public has no idea
    Thanks pal.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    this line of thinking is retarded

Stanford is only 21 point favorites against UCLA this weekend when everybody is projecting them to win by 24-35. Do u think that UCLA is all of a sudden a good play because Vegas chose to give away free $$$$????

and i don't think this is a particularly low total. USF has a good offense, I got them winning this game like 31-21 so it seems right on point to me
    I guess my line of thinking wasn't so retarded.

I tried to tell people I wasn't impressed with USF's offense. Does anyone actually watch teams play or do they just go off of stats? Running the score up against Ball State, UTEP, and FAMU doesn't really tell me a lot.

No coin pretty much nailed this one. The funny thing is, I was all set to take the under and I would have if it was set at like 47,48, or 49. Having it set in the mid 50's caused me to lay off.

I'm kicking myself for not taking the over but at the same time, I saved myself money just by not playing this one.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    No coin pretty much nailed this one. The funny thing is, I was all set to take the under and I would have if it was set at like 47,48, or 49. Having it set in the mid 50's caused me to lay off.
    Some people see a number that's better than what they expect and put more money on their bet. I see it and typically either shy away or go the other direction.

I'd like to think I'm an above average capper, but I sure as hell can't hold a candle to the oddsmakers. Have to respect the numbers they post and assume there's a reason for it.

Dexter
    Update your status

Thanks pal.

lol? did you bet the over?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Some people see a number that's better than what they expect and put more money on their bet. .

how the hell can you make any money betting on college football then if you don't capitalize on soft lines??

there's been lines every week in CFB that were too low by 4-10 points so far in the season (think Oregon last week @ Arizona) and these plays have covered at an incredible rate

the utep/houston game yesterday was another soft line - 65 point total for a matchup that's averaged around 80 the last 8 years or so, u kidding me??

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    how the hell can you make any money betting on college football then if you don't capitalize on soft lines??

there's been lines every week in CFB that were too low by 4-10 points so far in the season (think Oregon last week @ Arizona) and these plays have covered at an incredible rate

the utep/houston game yesterday was another soft line - 65 point total for a matchup that's averaged around 80 the last 8 years or so, u kidding me??
    i completely agree....i thought that total last night should have been 70-72, and i went 3u on it.

listen....everyone has different approaches, and obviously what nocoin believes in has worked so far this year.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    i completely agree....i thought that total last night should have been 70-72, and i went 3u on it. listen....everyone has different approaches, and obviously what nocoin believes in has worked so far this year.

he's a good handicapper, he would be a great handicapper if he dropped this "sharp betting" "public fading" nonsense

he doesn't win because of that, he wins because he understands situational matchups in sports, which is what it's all about anyways

vegas doesn't determine outcome of games, the teams on the field do. Why waste energy trying to figure out what linemakers are doing instead of watching the product on the field?

First 12