Well finished the College Football week last week 2-1 while going 1-0 in the NFL. I am looking to see if I can follow last week up with another positive week. This is what I like for tonight’s game.

South Florida and Pittsburgh under 26 in the first half.

Tonight’s matchup brings 2 of the top 10 teams in fewest points allowed in the first half. South Florida has actually shutout 2 of their 4 opponents in the first half already this season. Pittsburgh this season has not allowed more than 7 points in the first half yet out of their first 4 games.

Now South Florida is one of the best at jumping out to a lead this year averaging 25.7 points per game while Pitt is averaging just 7.7 points per game in the first half. Now though South Florida in there only road game this season scored just 16 points in the first half and one of those was from a 96 yard fumble recovery.

Now I dug a little bit deeper on these two teams in the first half and I noticed Pittsburgh played 3 games last year on a Thursday night and they only averaged 4.6 points per game in the first half of those games while allowing just 11.3 points per games. Now they did not see any of those three games go higher than 26 points in the 1st half but they actually had 2 of those games go over the posted total when the final gun went off. To me looks like Pitt does not like the short week and seems to get the offense going in the 2nd half of the last few Thursday games rather than the first half. South Florida on the other hand played one Thursday game last season in which they scored just 3 points in the first half and allowed 17 points to West Virginia. Now South Florida did play on a Wednesday night last year in which they and their opponent both scored 17 points each in the first half but that was also not on a short week. That was after they had played on 10/22 and did not play until 11/3 against Rutgers when this happen which 12 days was in between games.

I really like the way both teams have played defense this year in the first half. I have a feeling we are going to see that again and with Pitt struggling to get anything going in the first half this year and on Thursday nights as of late I feel this might be the best play for tonight’s game. Look for both teams to play strong first half defense and for the total to stay under 26 in the first half of tonight’s game.

As Always Good Luck Everyone let’s make some cash!