HVACMAN29710
    HVACMAN29710's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quietly putting up strong season....

First week I posted a couple plays.... didn't work out, so I kept my lips tight. But here is my take on the upcoming week.

Miss St +7.5 (rushing attack proves itself....look what Lattimore did to UGA defense)
    Ga Tech -11 (NC State will be blown away by the Ramblin' Wreck....too many pts for GT in this one....prediction GT 45 NCST 17)
    Bama -3 (Florida making significant strides....and both defenses are looking awesome, but Bama is ready to make a statement....LSU being touted as No 1 in the country has Bama a little perturbed)
    UNC -6.5 (UNC ready to brush off GT loss and get back to basics....defense wins this one as Heels don't have to score too many)
    Mich St +3 (Mich St wins this game outright..... Spartans on their toes this week instead of their heels)

Great teaser prospects.... USF -2.5, Utah St +7, Stanford -20

funnyman
    funnyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5616

Good wrte-ups and reasoning.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Like the Michigan St. pick a lot. I think they have a great shot of winning outright as well.

HVACMAN29710

3/2 on my straight up plays and not too good on the teaser as USF laid an egg and Pitt scrambled it for them. (although I was lucky enough to jump GT again when the line dropped to 9.5 so my butt got saved)

This week I bounce back with:
    4* TCU -4 Horned frogs wake up from the FUNK and grind out some major yardage on the ground and pile up the points on the scoreboard
    5* Tex A&M -6 Major lesson on how to put your foot on an opponent's throat and not take it off...lesson learned (Too bad this line is moving fast....so much that my book took it off the board)
    3* Maryland +15 Maryland can keep it within 2 tds of GT with their passing game....I look for some big plays in this game from both teams....60-80 yd tds
    7* Nebraska -10 Ohio St is just that bad and it helps that Nebraska got smacked around by Wisconsin
    5* Arkansas -10 Auburn was the beneficiary of an overconfident South Carolina Squad....Garcia let the entire state of south carolina down.....who didn't see that coming?
    5* Air Force +16.5 ND is a prime example of "everything that glitters, isn't gold" I like what is happening in Southbend but they don't have a killer instinct so Air Force stays within 2 tds
    8* Pitt -6.5 Wow this line is dropping due to public opinion of Rutgers or SHARPS....either way I think Pitt's running game and fast paced offense will wear down the boys from Jersey. UNC had Rutgers on the ropes several times with pounding the ball, but execution cost them the cover.... Pitt capitalizes
    10* Oklahoma -9 Stoops buries Mack Brown....cause he likes to bury people when he slips in the polls....look at last week. Stoops is big on public perception...if you don't think Oklahoma can bury Texas, then sit back and watch Stoops roll into the red river shootout with a Trac Hoe behind the bus
    8* Kansas/Ok St over ?.... haven't seen this line yet but I believe it will appear in the mid 60's and this game goes for at least 70
    Last edited by HVACMAN29710; 10-04-11 at 09:25 AM.

HVACMAN29710

One other thought....

I look for South Carolina and Kentucky to be high scoring as well..... 42-21 Gamecocks (for what it's worth)

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Not bad. I am leary of any team that makes a habit of blowing big leads, and A&M is the kind of that in College Football. They have done it twice in two weeks and that has to be in their heads now. Thney are also 1-7 ATS in their last 8 appearances in Lubbock. In the meantime, T-Tech has really done nothing wrong, though their level of competition has been low. This is a pass for me.

Both Arkansas and Nebraska should be winners, but a cover may be another story. Auburn likes to keep games close, win or lose, and Ohio State does have one of the best defenses in the Big 10+2. I'm not thrilled giving 10 points in those situations.

I like the Air Force play. I got 17.5 when the lines first came out.

I wish I could get OU -9, but I do not see it at all. I have Texas +10.5, and am looking for a middle.

HVACMAN29710

I appreciate the insight.... sure hope that you are wrong (no disrespect), so I can cash these plays. Hopefully I'm on the right side.