guy Fawkes
    guy Fawkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Cincinnati @ Miami-Ohio - Fawkes Write-Up

Posted picks 2-0-0 +15.5u

Hey again SBR forums! I had a great time last week posting a write up and cashing in on a big ticket with ULL, thought I'd try it again this week. I don't see any huge dogs I like so far, but there are definitely some lines leaping off the books for me. No +600 picks this week I'm afraid. As always, feel free to read and form your own opinions.

Cincinnati @ Miami-Ohio

Cincinnati is looking very impressive so far this year. Collaros (QB sr.) is really fun to watch and proving himself to be a great option QB running with Pead (RB sr.) Pead ran for an average of 6.2 yards per carry (167 in total) against a flagging NC State defense last week and I look for him to do more of the same this week. Collaros also went to the air for 263 yards going 25 for 34 last week. In their last five meetings, Cincinnati has beaten Miami-Ohio by an average of 28.4 points per game. With the most recent score being 45-3. The major concern in this game is that Cincinnati is giving up an average of 281 yards through the air to very mediocre teams (most notably allowing over 400 in the Bearcats loss to Tennessee). Cincinnati is not afraid to run up the score on inferior teams, winning by an average of 45.7 points in their 3 wins this season.

Miami-Ohio is searching desperately for their first win this season after losing by 11 to Mizzou, 6 to Minnesota and most recently 14 to Bowling Green. Zac Dysert (QB jr.) has impressed this season and thrown for 784 yards this season, completing 61.9% of his attempts. Last season, Dysert was sacked 50 times. While the Redhawks have improved, they have already allowed 10 sacks in three games this season, 6 of them coming last week against Bowling Green. The Redhawks rotate a myriad of very bad RBs, none of which have rushed for over 150 yards for the season. Dysert has thrown at least one interception in every game this season. Look for this streak to continue as Cincinnati puts pressure on a QB used to eating dirt and tossing the ball away.

Personal Notes Look for Cincinnati to savor this game and Bearcats to be invading the pocket all afternoon.

Miami-Ohio will not find an answer for Collaros and Pead running the ball; Pead should have a career day.

This will not be a low-scoring affair, I look for Miami-Ohio to put up between 14 and 24 points and Cincinatti to have between 40 and 50.

My Picks

Cincinnati -13 @ 2u
    Cin/Mia Over 55.5 @ 2u

I may post more as I find time this week. Hope you enjoyed reading and as always everyone is welcome to disagree.

collie
    collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

I like it. Thanks for that mate. Think I'll have a crack at cincy also

guy Fawkes

I don't have time to do a write up for each individual game, but had an additional play I'm really liking.

8.5 pt pleaser 1u to win 110u.
    Pending 10/1/11 1:00pm College Football 137 Cincinnati U -23½ * vs Miami Ohio
    Pending 10/1/11 8:00pm College Football 155 Alabama -13 * vs Florida
    Pending 10/1/11 3:30pm College Football 177 Auburn pk * vs South Carolina
    Pending 10/1/11 8:00pm College Football 187 Nebraska -½ * vs Wisconsin

Obviously Cinci started me down this road so I thought this would be an appropriate place to post it. The play has a lot that can go wrong here, but I see at least a fair possibility that each of these could occur. Much better than the <1% I'm getting in odds.

Sorry I don't have time to do a write up and am just dumping it on the board. I'm hoping to do a write up tonight on Auburn @ SC.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

good job last week with ULL gf

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Thanks for the write up. I like Cincy in this game also. Well done. Also like the pleaser. Is it likely? no.... Is it worth throwing a few bucks at??? Sure.

guy Fawkes

Thank you for the encouragement Moses!

You're very welcome Fecgp, and you nailed my thinking on this one. I don't expect it to come through but it is a basis on a few dogs I may lean on this weekend. I'm really liking the Auburn side of the teaser and just need to find the time for my write up.

Good luck on both your weekends!

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by guy Fawkes View Post
    Thank you for the encouragement Moses! You're very welcome Fecgp, and you nailed my thinking on this one. I don't expect it to come through but it is a basis on a few dogs I may lean on this weekend. I'm really liking the Auburn side of the teaser and just need to find the time for my write up. Good luck on both your weekends!

ur much better off teasing the favorites in your auburn/nebraska games

auburn and nebraska aren't really any good, I see them both losing by 7-17

guy Fawkes

Broke even on the Cinci game, still waiting on the Pleaser. Miami didn't quite get it going this game, but breaking about even at -.2 units.

Record 5-1-0 +27.1u

guy Fawkes

Quote Originally Posted by guy Fawkes View Post
    8.5 pt pleaser 1u to win 110u.
    Pending 10/1/11 1:00pm College Football 137 Cincinnati U -23½ * vs Miami Ohio
    Pending 10/1/11 8:00pm College Football 155 Alabama -13 * vs Florida
    Pending 10/1/11 3:30pm College Football 177 Auburn pk * vs South Carolina
    Pending 10/1/11 8:00pm College Football 187 Nebraska -½ * vs Wisconsin
    Nebraska couldn't quite get it for me. Had some fun cheering in the first half though.

Final Record 5-2-0 +26.1u