HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBill67 View Post
    Coaching college and pro is 2 different animals and C Weis is not a good college coach .
    One of the best avatars on SBR.........

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    The same thing that happened with South Carolina, Auburn, lack of experience and an injured M Barron at free safety, Barron is laying the lumber this year. The Bama secondary has improved thier open field tackling 100% from last year. Fla has outscored there oppents 54-3 in the first quarter this year. Lets see how they play even or behind after the 1st quarter.

What does South Caro. or Auburn have to do with anything? I was making reference to the LSU game last year, because they had no 'downfield passing attack' as you say Florida does not have. Jordan Jefferson was only averaging a little over a 100 yds passing and LSU got it done. You say Brantley will not be a threat with the passing game. I say he does not have to throw for 300 yds, but just play smart as Jefferson did.

P.S. I agree that BamaBill67 has an excellent avatar.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    The same thing that happened with South Carolina, Auburn, lack of experience and an injured M Barron at free safety, Barron is laying the lumber this year. The Bama secondary has improved thier open field tackling 100% from last year. Fla has outscored there oppents 54-3 in the first quarter this year. Lets see how they play even or behind after the 1st quarter.

You are kidding, right? They had a ton of experience. They even played in the NC game the year before that. Some of their upperclassmen from last year: McElroy, Ingram, Jones, Maze, Hanks.....

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

CBASS good write up. Seems well thought out. I will be at the game. Go Gators. I think Florida is not getting enough credit this year because of what they did last year with a coach that quit trying before the year started. They are fired up on defense and they have Demps and Rainey to keep us entertained all night. If they can avoid stupid penalties and mistakes this will be a close game. I know The Swamp will be going crazy and hopefully that gives Florida the edge they will need.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by hunterwrot View Post
    CBASS good write up. Seems well thought out. I will be at the game. Go Gators. I think Florida is not getting enough credit this year because of what they did last year with a coach that quit trying before the year started. They are fired up on defense and they have Demps and Rainey to keep us entertained all night. If they can avoid stupid penalties and mistakes this will be a close game. I know The Swamp will be going crazy and hopefully that gives Florida the edge they will need.

Thanks! I agree my friend Most people on here have no idea how crazy that atmosphere is going to be. You make a great point about Florida being more focused with the staff that is in place now. Florida is loaded with talented athletes and Muschamp is doing a good job of coaching them up. It should be a fun game to watch and I hope you have a great time! Take some pics if you can!

hkssupra69
    hkssupra69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

have to disagree with you based on Brantley being UF's QB. he's horrible even to the naked eye and Bama has one of the best defenses in the nation. they are not as speedy as LSU but they function better as a whole because of the scheme and coaching. if Florida gets stopped on early downs and get into 3rd and long, Brantley will die out there and they will get steamrolled by Bama. But being at the swamp it will be a tough venue but its not like players havent played at other crazy SEC venues. I do agree with an earlier post, they do have a good shot at beating LSU though since I think Lee is such a mediocre qb and florida's D is pretty good.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by hkssupra69 View Post
    have to disagree with you based on Brantley being UF's QB. he's horrible even to the naked eye and Bama has one of the best defenses in the nation. they are not as speedy as LSU but they function better as a whole because of the scheme and coaching. if Florida gets stopped on early downs and get into 3rd and long, Brantley will die out there and they will get steamrolled by Bama. But being at the swamp it will be a tough venue but its not like players havent played at other crazy SEC venues. I do agree with an earlier post, they do have a good shot at beating LSU though since I think Lee is such a mediocre qb and florida's D is pretty good.

McCarron has not played at another crazy SEC venue. This will be a very tough game for him to perform well in.

Lee is better than most think and is improving every week. He has done a solid job against 3 ranked teams away from home. He will play even better in Death Valley, especially having started 5 games going into the Florida game.

I understand your reasoning and respect your opinion. Thanks for the feedback and GL this weekend.

zuluhead1``1
    zuluhead1``1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    You make some valid points. I would argue that Rainey/Demps make a hell of a combo in their own right.
    Indeed they are. There is no arguing thr fact. I personally don't think Rainey and Demps fit the profile of SEC backs. From what I have seen, they are based more around speed than power for the most part. Richardson is built like a Howitzer. He actually has weightlifting competitions with linemen. With all the muscle mass, he still maintains his speed. Lacey won't be winning any foot races, but he runs like a wrecking ball. Once he gets his legs churning, he is hard to stop.

Again, I think this game will come down to defense. Who can force the most turn overs? Who can get the most three and outs? Who can have the best match ups down field? I think Florida's defense, while good, doesn't hold a candle to the speed, size and experience of Bama's D. Both D's will have to force the opposing offenses' play makers to win the game. When it comes down to it, the game is in much more capable hands with Richardson than Brantley.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

McCarron has not played at another crazy SEC venue. This will be a very tough game for him to perform well in.

At Penn St is basically the same thing.

Sabear
    Sabear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

I don't know where to start with the flaws in this reasoning. I feel much better about Bama rolling now though!!

zacharyj53

Hearing Floyd and Easley might be out for the game. That is a huge blow to UF if true.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by zuluhead1``1 View Post
    Indeed they are. There is no arguing thr fact. I personally don't think Rainey and Demps fit the profile of SEC backs. From what I have seen, they are based more around speed than power for the most part. Richardson is built like a Howitzer. He actually has weightlifting competitions with linemen. With all the muscle mass, he still maintains his speed. Lacey won't be winning any foot races, but he runs like a wrecking ball. Once he gets his legs churning, he is hard to stop.

Again, I think this game will come down to defense. Who can force the most turn overs? Who can get the most three and outs? Who can have the best match ups down field? I think Florida's defense, while good, doesn't hold a candle to the speed, size and experience of Bama's D. Both D's will have to force the opposing offenses' play makers to win the game. When it comes down to it, the game is in much more capable hands with Richardson than Brantley.

You make more good points here. However, I like Florida's chances more in this situation. GL to you Zuluhead.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Sabear View Post
    I don't know where to start with the flaws in this reasoning. I feel much better about Bama rolling now though!!

Obvious Bama fan^^^^ Doesn't even bother to point out the 'flaws in reasoning'. At least counter with some good reasons to back Alabama in this spot. Keep drinking the koolaid and buying what the media is selling about Bama being too tough. We will know come Saturday night friend.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    At Penn St is basically the same thing.

Are you for real? A day game at Penn St (who blows by the way) doesn't even compare to a night game at 'The Swamp'. It's not even close.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Hearing Floyd and Easley might be out for the game. That is a huge blow to UF if true.

They are both going to play. Floyd had a shoulder bruise and Easley tweaked his ankle a while back. They are both considered to be 'minor injuries' according to the Florida trainers (this info was started by the Florida staff to keep Bama guessing so I doubt either player is really 'hurt'). Also, the only person reporting this is from Florida State. I wouldn't put much stock in it, because it is just a rumor.

I am locked in at Florida +4.5 and I like it!
    Last edited by CBASS; 09-29-11 at 12:40 PM.

zacharyj53

Are you for real? A day game at Penn St (who blows by the way) doesn't even compare to a night game at 'The Swamp'. It's not even close.
    Penn st might not be good but it is close.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Similarly, UF has not seen speed equal to what the Alabama Defense has to offer. We have seen who florida has played (ut, uk) and how very far both of those teams have to go to contend with the balls of the sec. This is a very tough game for both teams, however we have seen how brantley has reacted when matched up against a defense such as Alabama's. I agree mccarron or sims are both untested to the likes of playing on the road in a hostile environment such as the swamp, especially since it will be the most talented football squad we have seen all year thus far. That being said I do not like bama to cover, but have them pegged to win outright saturday night. I personally think alabama will go to the air first and hard as ever to put one on the gators chin allowing some if any rushing room. I predict the game will be tied at halftime, bama will win by 3~4 points. As talented as this florida team is, I still believe Wiess offense is more suited for the nfl, and will continue to be a failing offensive strategy against top notch defenses. Florida's failure to execute combined with turnovers will win bama this game.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

btw i do see bama getting burned at least once on an endaround or double reverse play

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Similarly, UF has not seen speed equal to what the Alabama Defense has to offer. We have seen who florida has played (ut, uk) and how very far both of those teams have to go to contend with the balls of the sec. This is a very tough game for both teams, however we have seen how brantley has reacted when matched up against a defense such as Alabama's. I agree mccarron or sims are both untested to the likes of playing on the road in a hostile environment such as the swamp, especially since it will be the most talented football squad we have seen all year thus far. That being said I do not like bama to cover, but have them pegged to win outright saturday night. I personally think alabama will go to the air first and hard as ever to put one on the gators chin allowing some if any rushing room. I predict the game will be tied at halftime, bama will win by 3~4 points. As talented as this florida team is, I still believe Wiess offense is more suited for the nfl, and will continue to be a failing offensive strategy against top notch defenses. Florida's failure to execute combined with turnovers will win bama this game.

I like your analysis. I disagree with your assessment of Weis though. And if Alabama wins by 3 or 4, then that is COVER CITY for me!!! I don't think Florida will need the points though. They will win outright and have all who thought Bama was the greatest team on the planet pulling their hair out.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

You would think this game was going to be decided in the thread . lol

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBill67 View Post
    You would think this game was going to be decided in the thread . lol

NICE!!!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

They will both play. Easley walking around fine as day.

Here's a little nugget someone else posted to consider.

Last year:
    - The Gators out gained Alabama.
    - The Gators were inside the 4 yard line 3 times and came away w three points and they were inside the redzone 5 times on the night.
    - Brantley threw a pick 6- an ill fated jump pass, because Urban panicked.
    - Trick play touchdown by Bama (wr receiver pass)
    - No Rainey

Now, I think Bama will win the game but I'm starting to think this could be a barn burner. As horrible as the coaching staff was last year, especially the offense, they still moved the ball fairly well. Now with Weis calling the plays, I think it's a huge upgrade.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    They will both play. Easley walking around fine as day.

Here's a little nugget someone else posted to consider.

Last year:
    - The Gators out gained Alabama.
    - The Gators were inside the 4 yard line 3 times and came away w three points and they were inside the redzone 5 times on the night.
    - Brantley threw a pick 6- an ill fated jump pass, because Urban panicked.
    - Trick play touchdown by Bama (wr receiver pass)
    - No Rainey

Now, I think Bama will win the game but I'm starting to think this could be a barn burner. As horrible as the coaching staff was last year, especially the offense, they still moved the ball fairly well. Now with Weis calling the plays, I think it's a huge upgrade.

Great post Mac

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

+1 Great post

Win or lose this will be the best football game i have had the chance to go to in my life. I can not wait til Saturday. Go Gators
    (My brother graduated from bama so this game is even bigger for me.) Its feast or famine.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

im liking the over big time

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Florida is definitely the faster team, those dudes can fly!im probably stayin away!

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Bama better be ready!!!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Someone has to win this game. Bol with your play

naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

CBASS, taking gators as well. i like where your head is at. Had pitt last night as well in my thread.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by hunterwrot View Post
    +1 Great post Win or lose this will be the best football game i have had the chance to go to in my life. I can not wait til Saturday. Go Gators (My brother graduated from bama so this game is even bigger for me.) Its feast or famine.
    Your brother is also a whole hell of a lot cooler than you too. Im sure your brother will try and call you right after the game to rub it in but you will probably not answer the phone.

Roll Tide

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    Your brother is also a whole hell of a lot cooler than you too. Im sure your brother will try and call you right after the game to rub it in but you will probably not answer the phone. Roll Tide

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

MobileBay
    Update your status
    MobileBay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2404

The difference in this game will be Bama's 2 rb's. Look for bama to throw early then turn richardson loose. BAMA 30 GATORS 17

First 123 Last