k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Florida will Beat Alabama This Saturday +5 and ML

I've been looking forward to this game for a while. Florida has been off the radar, all the talk has been about Bama and LSU, all these teams are very close to each other. Home Field in the SEC is Huge.
    Probably worth at least 5 points in the Swamp

Most of you will be on Alabama which is fine and this thread will probably help you but to me they are not as great as everyone makes them out to be. They are at best a coin flip here and in that situation I'd rather have + money and the points.

Was really hoping they'd be a little bigger dogs, ML even early was only +170

Anyway, Good Luck Bama Backers, looking forward to the first real college football game of the year.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I can say is "Roll Tide"

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always love these florida bama games. Hope your right

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

gl. man but i see to much alabama

Pain44
    Pain44's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think florida hasnt played anyone yet. Saturday will be a test. When its all said and done alabama will get the win.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Always love these florida bama games. Hope your right
    Yeah they are intense.

Then @LSU Then @Auburn Then @South Carolina Then FSU

What a schedule.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Pain44 View Post
    I think florida hasnt played anyone yet. Saturday will be a test. When its all said and done alabama will get the win.
    Neither has Alabama. Rankings don't mean anything. 95% of teams played no one good yet.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Neither has Alabama. Rankings don't mean anything. 95% of teams played no one good yet.
    One could make a good argument that Bama has played a much tougher schedule so far and come out nice. On the road in PSU, and an Arkansas team that has done nothing but prepare for this game for over a year and we won by a combined score of 65-25 . Florida has played UT(and looked rather sloppy in the win).

But good luck. I probably wont play Bama but Saban has dominated the Gators the past few years and there is no reason to believe that will change here.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama SHUT DOWN a great offense in Arkansas....They will do the same to the Gators....Good Luck though....I'll just be watching

k13

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    One could make a good argument that Bama has played a much tougher schedule so far and come out nice. On the road in PSU, and an Arkansas team that has done nothing but prepare for this game for over a year and we won by a combined score of 65-25 . Florida has played UT(and looked rather sloppy in the win).

But good luck. I probably wont play Bama but Saban has dominated the Gators the past few years and there is no reason to believe that will change here.
    Dominated?? he's 2-1 vs Florida

PSU, Arkansas, UT, Kentucky, the only half decent team any of them beat is Cincy.

So what score are you expecting?

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Yes dominated! Last year and the year before Florida was completely manhandled. Three seasons ago UF pulled out the victory but that was on the shoulders of one guy and one guy only and he is now the third string QB in Denver. Good luck with your wager

24-10 Bama

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

I've been looking forward to this game for a while. Florida has been off the radar, all the talk has been about Bama and LSU, all these teams are very close to each other. Home Field in the SEC is Huge.
    Probably worth at least 5 points in the Swamp

Most of you will be on Alabama which is fine and this thread will probably help you but to me they are not as great as everyone makes them out to be. They are at best a coin flip here and in that situation I'd rather have + money and the points.

Was really hoping they'd be a little bigger dogs, ML even early was only +170

Anyway, Good Luck Bama Backers, looking forward to the first real college football game of the year.

I understand the story and understand your thinking, but the line really doesn't reflect that UF has been off the radar.

I've heard many people say they aren't impressed with Bama and I don't understand it.

In watching the games against PSU and Arkansas, the other teams never had a chance to win the game. After a quarter or to, you couldn't even imagine away that the other team would win.

To me, Alabama (-5) is in line with (-10) @PSU and (-11)vs Arkansas, but Bama's shown to be better than that and those dominant performances looked to be more probative than prejudicial.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

im on florida +4.5

bdavies26
    bdavies26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck to you, I'm on Alabama -3.5. I think that it will be a good game, but Saban and the Tide are too much for Muschamp.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Have you actually watched both teams play yet? Even the opening cupcakes? Bama's weakness, the only one I've seen so far, is the inconsistency in the middle of the O line on run plays...pass blocking has been pretty good. Other than that, sound on all aspects. Florida definitely has big play threats but the Tennessee game was telling of how to stop them also....Bama's LB corps will make the difference here when Rainey and Demps attempt to get to the second level.

Alabama covers the spread and wins by 6.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Bama will make Brantley have to throw deep in order to win. By the way, everyone is making this out to be Saban vs. Muschamp.....I think it is Saban vs. Big Charlie. We know what Bama will do on Offense. What we dont know is what will Saban have up his sleeve for Florida's mental midget QB and what will Charlie have up his sleeve for the Bama D.

First half slugfest, second half beat down and unfortunately for so many on this board and all these turds here in Jacksonville.....Bama come up with the W and the cover.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

was too late and had to book them +3.5. going to pass on the ml.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

I agree with you on florida being off the radar, and home field edge is big esp. in the swamp. it will be telling how good alabama really is to play their first true road test in hostile waters. I also think florida is better off offensively with weis calling the shots, it suits brantley n his dropback passing. Now whether they can do it against bamas defense is another story. But Im not sold on bama until they go into the swamp and make a statement. Well find out if mccarron realli has what it takes to make them a great team.

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3659

Florida keeps close for awhile, but lose by 7

k13

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Have you actually watched both teams play yet? Even the opening cupcakes? Bama's weakness, the only one I've seen so far, is the inconsistency in the middle of the O line on run plays...pass blocking has been pretty good. Other than that, sound on all aspects. Florida definitely has big play threats but the Tennessee game was telling of how to stop them also....Bama's LB corps will make the difference here when Rainey and Demps attempt to get to the second level.

Alabama covers the spread and wins by 6.
    I don't look at the past.

Gamblers fallacy.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    I agree with you on florida being off the radar, and home field edge is big esp. in the swamp. it will be telling how good alabama really is to play their first true road test in hostile waters. I also think florida is better off offensively with weis calling the shots, it suits brantley n his dropback passing. Now whether they can do it against bamas defense is another story. But Im not sold on bama until they go into the swamp and make a statement. Well find out if mccarron realli has what it takes to make them a great team.
    I can understand this feeling when we're talking about a team that's undergone major turnover, but Alabama returned 17 starters and has been extremely consistent under the guidance of Saban. There are far more questions surrounding the Gators, coming off a down year and with a new HC in his first major test against an elite team.

k13

-165 for Bama, don't you guys find that really low?

That state is going to double in GDP or being completely broke by the end of this game.....

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

I nailed the score on the Ala/Ark game . Just look back on my posts . Ala 28 or 30 , Fl 13 or 17 . My esp will be more clear later in the week lol .

3GCOVERAGE
    3GCOVERAGE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

By game time this line will be more like Alabama -6.5.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Gamblers fallacy.
    Past years, yes. But the same team to be fielded against....what are you going off of to cap a game then?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Gamblers fallacy.
    If you think that looking at past performances is a gamblers fallacy, you are no gambler. Just ask all of the people who backed the Air Force against the Navy for the past 8 years. The facts are very simple. 'Bama has the better talent, and the better coaching staff. Florida has played absolutely nobody. Their opposition has amassed a 4-9 record so far this season. 'Bama has put up 63 points in the last two seasons againt Florida, and Urban Meyer, a much better HC than first year Muschamp, was the HC at that time. Florida managed to score all of 19 points in those two games, and in one of those games, Florida savior Tim Tebow was the QB and undefeated at the time. This game may be close for a half, but Florida has no answer for 'Bama's rushing game. Florida's defense will wear out and 'Bama will win and cover.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

demps is faster than light, if bama finds a faster mean than light they win, if not lights out. good luck!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    demps is faster than light, if bama finds a faster mean than light they win, if not lights out. good luck!
    His numbers are deceiving if you break it down. And it's not his first game against Bama, they've contained him before.
    2011 GAME LOG RUSHING RECEIVING
    DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD
    9/3 Florida Atlantic W 41-3 12 105 8.8 35 2 3 21 7.0 12 0
    9/10 UAB W 39-0 2 10 5.0 12 0 1 10 10.0 10 0
    9/17 Tennessee W 33-23 10 48 4.8 28 0 4 37 9.3 28 0
    9/24 @Kentucky W 48-10 10 157 15.7 84 2 1 2 2.0 2 0

Notice the Tenn stats. Also on his 'big number' games, he had a long of 84 to cushion the numbers.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm on Gators ML. (Obviously) I really do think we have a shot at this in The Swamp.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Statement game to back the statement game. I read the same last week that Bama has to rise up to meet the challenge of Ark. They did, now its "oh my Bama has to make another statement" Well I believe this game will be some of the same as last week. I just hope Muschamp doesnt require an ambulance ride after the game and Brantley doesnt cry his eyes out after the Tide wins, covers, and Dominates.....ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Any of you Bama guys coming down for the game? I wouldn't mind meeting some SBR degens IRL.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Tried to come down but will be watching the game at the softball field. My daughter has a travel ball tourney. I love making road trips. Went to Penn St. this year, was awesome.

Slykry
    Slykry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama could give more than a few pro teams some trouble...Florida "off the radar"? Not exactly sure how that phrase fits here as I will bet that they are not off Saban's radar at all...Alabama rolls here...28-13.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have fun losing money.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain44 View Post

correction neither one of these teams has played anyone yet. Both of these teams have scheduled nothing but the little sisters of the poor to this date. On saturday night we will find out if which team is FO REAL

123 Last