dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Nebraska +10

Really? Two good teams but neither played much competition, IMO Neb played teams a bit stronger. At first glance does this seem like too many points to you?
    Not a huge follower of either team, how about some opinions from you guys that do follow these two.

Thanks.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Bo Pelini = one of the best defensive minds out there! He will have a gameplan to contain Wiaconsin run game.

I wouldn't be suprise if Nebraska wins this game.

Nebraska + the points is a BET!

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Nebraska's defense hasn't been impressive this year but Nebraska +10.5 at Wisky and Clemson +7 at VaTech book look awfully attractive i.e makes you wonder if they are traps. I'm sure both games will be in teasers galore this week.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Wow! That Clemson game was the one other I thought was too high. Hmmm, that is not a good sign for me when a game stands out. But, I did think LSU was a stand out game last week and I was correct, along with about 95% of the world. lol They are one great team, you will need an almost perfect game to beat LSU, I believe.

You're right teasing Clemson and Neb will be a play for me.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Wisky rolls

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Wisconsin will win. Playing at home, their offense and defense is just superior then Nebraskas. If you have watched their games Nebraskas offense has not been on point. Yeah Wisconsin has played the sucky teams, but Nebraska was playing some pretty damn weak offenses too.

Since this is at Wisconsin I see Wisconsin dominating this game its over by the third Quarter, this is the game will Russel Wilson breaks out, and we really see what he is about. Who knows how good Wisconsin can be, now that they have a QB who can throw down the field, and run the ball. To combine with their great o-line and running game. Not to mention a pretty good reciving core.

This team did SHUT OUT Oregon State. They are still a division 1 school. That is something to be pretty impressed about

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Seems like the books are begging you to take Nebraska.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Wisconsin will win. Playing at home, their offense and defense is just superior then Nebraskas. If you have watched their games Nebraskas offense has not been on point. Yeah Wisconsin has played the sucky teams, but Nebraska was playing some pretty damn weak offenses too. Since this is at Wisconsin I see Wisconsin dominating this game its over by the third Quarter, this is the game will Russel Wilson breaks out, and we really see what he is about. Who knows how good Wisconsin can be, now that they have a QB who can throw down the field, and run the ball. To combine with their great o-line and running game. Not to mention a pretty good reciving core. This team did SHUT OUT Oregon State. They are still a division 1 school. That is something to be pretty impressed about
    NIU is not a horrible squad either...At least not on offense. Wisconsin held them to 7...I think other 3 games they are averaging mid 40's.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

NU wins. easy. I hope all you Wisc backers lose your roosters.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    NU wins. easy. I hope all you Wisc backers lose your roosters.
    You're usually better than this.

NU has a chance to pull out the victory, but it's not good chance.........and not even close to being an "easy" chance.

neverstoppers23

How would they win easy when they had trouble vs. Washington State. They are playing Wisconsin in Madison. Wisconsin will run the ball all over them, and when we do we will do a PA pass for 50 yards. Nebraska's defense has not been impressive at all in any of their first games. Not saying its impossible for Nebraska to win, but if they do it will be due to some crazed special teams play and winning on a late field goal.

Wisconsin almost never gets the respect they deserve from the polls or the public though, because they are not a flashy team.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    You're usually better than this.

NU has a chance to pull out the victory, but it's not good chance.........and not even close to being an "easy" chance.
    Blackshirts ROLL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wisky can roll you at home

Nebraksa un tested

Teaser maybe?

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Wisky can roll you at home

Nebraksa un tested

Teaser maybe?
    Teaser very logical sir.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Wisconsin almost never gets the respect they deserve from the polls or the public though, because they are not a flashy fast team.
    See matchups with TCU and SEC teams in bowls.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Wisconsin is a great team but I also like Nebraska +10. Not gonna take it yet but might tease later. Nebraska has a great D (like everyone else has said) and if they lose this one I could see it being a 3-7 pt game.

Also this may not always be true but I feel like teams with a good defense always play decent on the road. Offensive teams seem to struggle more. Its a lot easier for a team's offense to start clicking if the defense is keeping them in the game. That will be the key. If Nebraska can stay close in the first half they will have a chance to steal a victory. Not likely but who knows. College Football is crazy.

Good Luck this week boys.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

before last weeks game, i read that that nebraska led the nation in plays of 40+ yards.

so does that mean some of their numbers were inflated by luck and catching the defense sleeping OR

does that mean they have fast receivers and a QB with some nice touch

(wisconsin by 24 by the way)

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who did Wisconsin beat this year to be a 10 point favorite vs Nebraska (UNLV, Oregon St, Northern Illinois). Well UNLV lost to a FBS school last week. Oregon St lost to an FBS school two weeks ago.

Nebraska lost 3 times last year in regular season twice by 3 points and once by 7 points. So if they can play with Oklahoma St, and Texas and give them a heck of a game they are not going to be rolled over by Wisconsin.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just want to clean this thread up a little bit...

first off, Nebraska played Washington and not Washington St... Washington just beat Cal this past weekend and their QB is the 9th rated passed in the country and a player to watch out for over the next 2 years...

Second... Oregon St and UNLV lost to FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) not FBS teams... and the thing about those games... neither FCS team was good...

Wisconsin is a very talented team with some weapons but just about every person on here last year talked all about how their huge OL would dominate TCU and in fact that did not happen until it was too late in the 4th Q...

Northern Illinois was a big time pretender...they lost at Kansas in a shootout... the same Kansas team that gave 66 pts to Georgia Tech...

Nebraska has several players returning to the defense that will make a huge difference... Dennard their star CB played his first game last week and Nebraska's defense was instantly better... also it has been confirmed that Jared Crick their All-American DT will play after missing last week... Nebraska has 4 main defensive players... CB Dennard, DT Crick, LB David and DE Meredith...the Wisconsin game will be the first game that they are all on the field at the same time this year... Expect much tougher sledding for the Wisconsin offense than UNLV, Oregon St, No Ill and South Dakota...

Martinez is a dynamic player but he also has a very bad case of happy feet... if Wiscy can force pressure without having to blitz a lot then they will be in good shape but if they go after him too much expect Nebraska to counter with a lot of slip screens and draws to 3 speedy frosh back and a game breaker at WR in Jamal Turner... this is by far the most athletic and explosive offense Nebraska has had in a decade or more...

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Who did Wisconsin beat this year to be a 10 point favorite vs Nebraska (UNLV, Oregon St, Northern Illinois). Well UNLV lost to a FBS school last week. Oregon St lost to an FBS school two weeks ago. Nebraska lost 3 times last year in regular season twice by 3 points and once by 7 points. So if they can play with Oklahoma St, and Texas and give them a heck of a game they are not going to be rolled over by Wisconsin.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

oddsmakers (remember books don't make lines) have added a couple points for the night game in madison factor, this matters

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Seems like the books are begging you to take Nebraska.
    maybe, but with this line, it means wisky would be -4 @ Nebraska. Don't buy that.

The question is, can a Wisky defense stop somebody like Martinez?

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    oddsmakers (remember books don't make lines) have added a couple points for the night game in madison factor, this matters
    100% correct....the atmosphere is going to be overwhelming...my question is will the home team be able to control their nerves early... Nebraska has shown to be a very formidable team when traveling ever since Pelini took over....

L Texas Tech 31-37(OT) - pass intercepted in end zone to lose to #7 team in country
    W Iowa St 35-7 - 550 yards of offense
    L Oklahoma 62-28 - 4 turnovers in 1st Q... only Pelini road blow out loss
    W Kansas St 56-28 - 610 yards of offense
    W Clemson 26-21 - Gator Bowl, sloppy game

L Va Tech 15-16 on a blow coverage in the last minute and a dropped TD
    W Missouri 27-12 - late 4th Q explosion by Nebraska
    W Baylor 20-10 - won a battle of back-up QBs with defense and running
    W Colorado 28-20 - won despite being out gained by 200 yards
    L Texas 12-13 - BIG12, Lost on last second FG after 1 sec put back on the clock
    W Arizona 33-0 - Holiday Bowl, Dominated Nick Foles lead Cats

W Washington 56-21 - Taylor Martinez 287 yards of offense 3 rush 1 pass TD
    W Kansas St 48013 - Martinez 369 yards of offense (241 rushing) 4 rush 1 pass TD
    W Oklahoma St 51-41 - Martinez 435 yards of offense (327 passing) 5 pass TDs
    W Iowa St 31-30 (OT) - Martinez injured, Nebraska play entire second half in wildcat
    L Texas A&M 6-9 - Martinez injured - Penalties 16-145 for NEB, 2 -10 for TAMU
    L Oklahoma 20-23 - Martinez still not healthy, 14 carries minus 32 yards
    L Washington 7-19 - Nebraska passed over by angry BIG 12 for Cotton Bowl and dumped to Holiday for second straight year to play a team they already killed... Martinez still injured and team did not care about the game and admitted it after the fact

W Wyoming 38-14 - Nebraska rushed for 333 yards
    ? Wisconsin?

If you review above... under Pelini Nebraska has only lost two games by double digits when away from Lincoln... In 2008 to a much much better Oklahoma team that played in the BCS title game and was gifted a 35-0 lead on 4 1st Q turnovers and then to Washington in San Diego last year at the Holiday Bowl where Nebraska showed no motivation to be involved in them game after the Big 12 sent them there as a parting shot for leaving the conference... They already hammered Washington up in Seattle...

So I think the above shows that Pelini clearly has a good formula for getting the most out of his players when they travel... even back a few year ago when the talent was marginal at best in terms of Nebraska standards...

I am not saying that Nebraska is the play but history tells us that they will be ready...
    Last edited by Hotlanta Steam; 09-26-11 at 03:40 PM.

GoBigRed
    GoBigRed's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a diehard Husker, but a miracle would need to happen in order for them to win this away game. They've already been challenged by least likely suspects. Back in the day, the Huskers would steamroll opponents 50+ points. Those days are over. The current offense is young and green.

As much as I love them and want them to win, I would advise staying off this game -- even with a 6 point teaser.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Hotlanta...Keep showing us stats of teams from the past

Neither team has played anyone worth mentioning.

I won't be betting on the game...I know the NIU QB is not Taylor Martinez, but he can run the ball and pass it as well. Probably better at passing than Martinez. They held them to 7 points. I thought their Defense (wisconsin) looked like garbage in the first game.

I don't really care that Nebraska had 330 yards rushing against that elite team from Wyoming on the road. I don't even know why that game is mentioned. So Pelini got THIS TEAM hyped up for a tough game against Wyoming, I'm going out on a limb saying that Wisconsin is a whole different animal than Wyoming.

We still haven't even seen a full 4 quarters from Wisconsin this season. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Wilson and the offense starters have been sat at the beginning of every 4th quarter this year.

If we want to bring up stats on Nebraska on the road this season...Wyoming scored 14 on them. I'm guessing that Wisconsin would be able to put up 50 on them then.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I'm guessing that Wisconsin would be able to put up 50 on them then.

NOT.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    NOT.

WHAT.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Hotlanta...Keep showing us stats of teams from the past

Neither team has played anyone worth mentioning.

I won't be betting on the game...I know the NIU QB is not Taylor Martinez, but he can run the ball and pass it as well. Probably better at passing than Martinez. They held them to 7 points. I thought their Defense (wisconsin) looked like garbage in the first game.

I don't really care that Nebraska had 330 yards rushing against that elite team from Wyoming on the road. I don't even know why that game is mentioned. So Pelini got THIS TEAM hyped up for a tough game against Wyoming, I'm going out on a limb saying that Wisconsin is a whole different animal than Wyoming.

We still haven't even seen a full 4 quarters from Wisconsin this season. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Wilson and the offense starters have been sat at the beginning of every 4th quarter this year.

If we want to bring up stats on Nebraska on the road this season...Wyoming scored 14 on them. I'm guessing that Wisconsin would be able to put up 50 on them then.
    Saying that Chandler Harnish is anywhere close to Taylor Martinez is laughable... Harnish throw better but Martinez is one the 5 most explosive players in college football...

My point above was how Pelini's team prepare for road games and their obvious successful routine... Wiscy played 1 sort of road game in Chicago where No Ill only 40k seats sold and 15k were for the Badgers... The same can be said for Nebraska road game in Laramie where there were 15k Husker fans

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nebraska should not be a 10 point dog vs anyone in the country.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

lol

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

when people were talking about teasing this game, i thought they were talking about teasing wisky down? apprently not...

GoBigRed
    GoBigRed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalbrother View Post
    when people were talking about teasing this game, i thought they were talking about teasing wisky down? apprently not...
    I would consider teasing this one down and that's coming from a diehard Husker. When it comes to my money, I prefer to be practical and realistic vs. loyal.

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Is this Nebraska team better than the #1ranked Ohio St. unit that lost by 13 last year at Midtown? That explains the line right there. Atmosphere will rival that one, being Nebraska's welcome party to the Big 10. With that said, wisky should be -5 or 6

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Nebraska should not be a 10 point dog vs anyone in the country.
    Really? LSU? Alabama? Oklahoma? Oregon?

Nebraska has not impressed anyone yet this year. They didnt cover the spread with Fresno State or Washington and have allowed a ton of points. Maybe the defense will be much improved against Wisconsin but RIGHT NOW the odds makers are right on with this line (especially with Nebraska playing on the road).

neverstoppers23

I have not been impressed by anything Nebraska has done this season wouldn't be shocked to see them with 3 losses by seasons ends and un ranked.
    Why is it so out there that Wisconsin may score 50? Nebraska has allowed 38 to Washington and 29 to fresno state.

123 Last