will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Nebraska is Double Digit Dogs?

I like Nebraska in this spot (I'll take the points here). Taylor Martinez and Rex Burkhead against the Wisky defense. That's going be some kind of matchup. Jared Crick is back.

I want to see that game bad-- anyone thinking about going Nebraska ML?

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2473

Big 10 opener for NEB, like the UNDER(not out yet). HUGE!!!
    both teams have good defenses, so I'll take NEB + 10 and 1/2 right NOW too!

EZ

skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I like Nebraska in this spot (I'll take the points here). Taylor Martinez and Rex Burkhead against the Wisky defense. That's going be some kind of matchup. Jared Crick is back.

I want to see that game bad-- anyone thinking about going Nebraska ML?
    dont forget ameer abdullah, jamal turner, braylon heard, and aaron green. Best husker offense in a long time.

both teams will score, should go over

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by skers11 View Post
    dont forget ameer abdullah, jamal turner, braylon heard, and aaron green. Best husker offense in a long time.

both teams will score, should go over

A certain factor in the game... The Nebraska 4 some of freshman are something special... all 4 have great speed and game-breaker abilities... Outside of Martinez and occasionally Roy Helu and Niles Paul (both the latters graduated last year) Nebraska has not had a home-run threat but these 4 all look blazing fast in the first 10 yards and slippery as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DCaD...eature=related

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

On Bookmaker the line has went up to 10.5 while 5 dimes has Wisconsin as a 9.5 point fav. I think that the line will go down more. I know Wisconsin is tough but they haven't had the most difficult schedule. Two ways to look at it. You can get Nebraska at +10.5 (which is unthinkable) or you can go ML and go for a big payoff with a team that has a decent shot at winning. One of those that's worth the risk. I would go 50/50 on each.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wisconsin is one of the most balanced and effective offensive teams in the nation. Wilson is the real deal at QB, and Beilema is an outstanding coach. That said, Wisky has played a bunch of cupcakes so far which is disappointing, and their D is untested, but they are still close to unbeatable at home. 10 points may be way to many to give however, despite Martinez's inability to complete a routine 15 yard out. And for the record, Burkhead is a far cry from Helu Jr's explosiveness. I would be very careful taking the Huskers to win this game outright, I all but guarantee a Wisconsin victory, even if by only 3. One of my picks of the year. Badgers win this game.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

If you're going to make it a pick of the year then I would take out the 50/50 proposition and take Nebraska and the points. If someone is looking to take a shot with a possibility at a win with value then Nebraska is a good pick. The Helu Jr/ Burkhead comparison is accurate. I agree with you and I also agree that Martinez isn't the most polished passer. Regardless, Unncle Harv, you made some valid points and I also agree about the offensive balance. Beilema actually made a comment regarding the balance of his offense in comparison with Nebraska. This should be an exciting game. Saturday night is occasionally movie night but not this Saturday