Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please give your thoughts on Auburn vs South Carolina

Why is South Carolina favored by 11?
    Is Auburns defense that bad?

DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I go to Auburn..our defense is atrocious, with possibly the worst coordinator in the league. With that being said I still like Auburn to keep it close. It will be a no play for me, but I've had a feeling Auburn could do big things here. They did beat them twice last year including a 30 point stomping.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=DanL32;11605529]I go to Auburn..our defense is atrocious, with possibly the worst coordinator in the league. With that being said I still like Auburn to keep it close. It will be a no play for me, but I've had a feeling Auburn could do big things here. They did beat them twice last year including a 30 point stomping.[/QUOTE

u making the trip to Columbia?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

id lean to auburn in this game. unimpressed by either side so far.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Auburn gave up 300+ yards to the worst offense in fbs football (Fl atl)
    I am staying away from this one.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

I'm a USC fan and never play them but also follow Auburn closely. I think 11.5 is spot on. Did anyone watch Auburn-FAU? Coming off the Clemson loss, Auburn got to go home and play a night game against little FAU, who had 1 first down the week before against Michigan State. Rather than fix their struggles, they continued winning 30-16. If Garcia doesn't punt the ball with his arm on 3rd downs and fumble 3-4 times, Auburn is going to need to put up atleast 30 to win. Lattimore's touches were limited last weekend versus Vandy, so he should be fresh. Look for him to get atleast 30 touches and he should be able to run thru, over, and around Auburn's defense. USC also will want some revenge after losing to Auburn twice last year. Garcia as always, is the X factor. I believe all he needs to do is not turn the ball over 3-4 times and USC should be okay.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think auburn cover.

DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Icehouse there's a good chance il make the trip. I don't know if il be able to make it in the game though.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

South Carolina have not been impressive but they also haven't messed up enough to lose yet. They constantly find themselves battling teams down to the wire that they should destroy. I could see Auburn keeping it close the whole game but I think South Carolina comes out with another close win.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    South Carolina have not been impressive but they also haven't messed up enough to lose yet. They constantly find themselves battling teams down to the wire that they should destroy. I could see Auburn keeping it close the whole game but I think South Carolina comes out with another close win.
    Just curious who they should have destroyed? After a slow start against ECU in the opener they pulled away, you're never going to destroy UGA at home, Navy was a tough spot ( 1 week to prepare for the option attack after Rivalry game ), and they beat Vandy by 18, holding their offense to 3 points. They definitely have not played up to potential and Garcia is always the biggest threat to the team but I wouldn't say they should have destroyed anyone.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    I'm a USC fan and never play them but also follow Auburn closely. I think 11.5 is spot on. Did anyone watch Auburn-FAU? Coming off the Clemson loss, Auburn got to go home and play a night game against little FAU, who had 1 first down the week before against Michigan State. Rather than fix their struggles, they continued winning 30-16. If Garcia doesn't punt the ball with his arm on 3rd downs and fumble 3-4 times, Auburn is going to need to put up atleast 30 to win. Lattimore's touches were limited last weekend versus Vandy, so he should be fresh. Look for him to get atleast 30 touches and he should be able to run thru, over, and around Auburn's defense. USC also will want some revenge after losing to Auburn twice last year. Garcia as always, is the X factor. I believe all he needs to do is not turn the ball over 3-4 times and USC should be okay.
    Garcia not turning the ball over is a HUGE if. I've never seen any QB in college throw it up for grabs like Garcia does.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Spread is too high, take Auburn.