Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Wisconsin is -9.5 vs Nebraska...

LOL this was -2.5 preseason

Nebraska should get clowned by DD Sat Night but I thought this would be -7, it might go down

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2587

WI has not played anybody, line INFLATED!

LOVE Neb + 10, and the UNDER( no total available yet)

EZ

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    LOL this was -2.5 preseason

Nebraska should get clowned by DD Sat Night but I thought this would be -7, it might go down
    I was ready to play the Wisconsin opener, expecting a much lower line. -9.5 is too many points to lay for this game.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I haven't watched a lot of neb. this season but I agree Wisc. hasn't really been tested yet. Be interesting to watch the line movement this week.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

I'm a little biased, but Wisconsin will kill Nebraska, and this game will have lots of points via Wisconsin! Offense has many weapons, White, Ball, Toon, Wilson, and the D is not bad either!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

kinda surprised its this high wisconsin looks to be considerably a better team though.

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

IMO, the legs of Taylor Martinez cover the spread

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Nebraska ML.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I'll be glad to take Nebraska. They defense will be ready

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

love wisconsin here

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

wisconsin have been machines covering the spread. Tough to bet against them and I don't have the balls to do it.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

as a sker homer thought the line would be 4.5 to 6.5. But will take neb +10. Bo will have th D ready. The 3 stars for the D are all playing Crick on the line, David at LB, and Denard in the backfield. This has to be a statement game for NU. They may get beat but will not be bullied. Take the 10 pts

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Where are people getting this idea that Nebraska has a good D. They gave up 444 and 420 yards to Fresno and WASH at home, who are 78th and 70th in total O. Wisc is 8th and hasn't played starters deep into the 4th yet, and they're home on Saturday Night.

+10 is probably a good line to get, but they are overmatched here in every possible phase

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

I think they were playing. Possum.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    I think they were playing. Possum.
    Makes a ton of sense.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Wisconsin opened at -7 and jumped to -9 at the Wynn last night. Nebraska has played a tougher schedule than Wisconsin so far, though that is not saying much. At least Nebraska played a legitimate Pac 12 team in Washington. Wisconsin played 0-3 Oregonn State. The Big 10 is really down this year, with the exception of Michigan. If this line climbs to 10 or more, jump on Nebraska. I do not think that will happen.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Where are people getting this idea that Nebraska has a good D. They gave up 444 and 420 yards to Fresno and WASH at home, who are 78th and 70th in total O. Wisc is 8th and hasn't played starters deep into the 4th yet, and they're home on Saturday Night.

+10 is probably a good line to get, but they are overmatched here in every possible phase
    I agree...This Nebraska team isnt nearly as good as teams weve seen in the past. If anything bet Wisconsin the 1H. Nebraska this year in the 1st half has been soft...Against Wyoming they were only up 14-7 at halftime...Against Washington they were up 20-17 at halftime (the refs blew a call on a muffed punt which Washington ran into the endzone late in the 2nd q which would have put Wash up 24-20), They were down to Fresno state at the half 17-14 and only up 21-20 in the 4th quarter!

Their defense has allowed 81 points the past 3 weeks against unranked teams as well...
    Sat, Sept 10

2-0 (0-0)Sat, Sept 17

3-0 (0-0)Sat, Sept 24

This game is being played in Wisconsin. I dont see why Wisconsin doesnt win this one by 10.
    Last edited by Pickem2win; 09-26-11 at 10:32 AM.

skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

LMAO! public has already pushed this line up to -10.5. I might be going all in

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by skers11 View Post
    Public has been doing pretty well on the big games

doublewide
    doublewide's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough game, even at 10 points, way better games out there to pick imo

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some interesting takes out there for this one....

I think Wisco is a very very good team but I have feeling Nebraska was saving a lot for this game....

Lets dig a little deeper....I think people are severely under-valuing Nebraska's non-conference wins... Washington actually looks to be pretty decent with a nice win over Cal this past Saturday and don't forget that Nebraska was up 44-17 on Washington with 12 mins to go in the 4th Q before they let up a bit. Keith Price the Husky QB is currently 9th in the country in passing....Not to mention Washington likely has more film on Nebraska than any other team in America right now since they played virtually the same team 3 times in 363 days....Meanwhile Fresno just went up to the Kibbie Dome and beat Idaho like a drum...the stat margins and pt differential are pretty much on par with what Texas A&M did to Idaho in College Station the weekend before against the Vandals... I will be very shocked if Fresno does not run away with the WAC this season...

Wyoming was unbeaten and the game against Nebraska was considered one of the biggest in the last 20 years for the school who does not get to host large BCS teams on a regular basis. Nebraska ran the ball right at them all night and got out of the game without using too many different offensive looks and formations but threw just enough in there for Wisconsin to have more to prepare for (wildcat and some play-action option passes) in the coming week. Nebraska still ran for 333 yards and almost 7yds per carry...

Now let us also consider that Nebraska was playing without Alfonso Dennard (a top 5 NLF draft corner) in the first three games.... Nebraska even without Crick played much better this past weekend only giving up 14 pts to a then unbeaten Wyoming in Laramie... If Crick comes back this week and is healthy and Dennard is his usual self... that is likely going to take a lot of Toon's production away... If I am Nebraska my main concern is going to be Russell Wilson escaping out of the pocket when coverage is tight and extending drives with his feet... LaVonte David is likely going to be used in a spy role often this weekend to attempt to minimize Wilson and the slip screen passes they like to throw to Ball when defenses pin their ear's back...
    Last edited by Hotlanta Steam; 09-26-11 at 11:15 AM.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    I agree...This Nebraska team isnt nearly as good as teams weve seen in the past. If anything bet Wisconsin the 1H. Nebraska this year in the 1st half has been soft...Against Wyoming they were only up 14-7 at halftime...Against Washington they were up 20-17 at halftime (the refs blew a call on a muffed punt which Washington ran into the endzone late in the 2nd q which would have put Wash up 24-20),
    You can't advance a muffed punt...

http://seattle.sbnation.com/washingt...teve-sarkisian
    Last edited by Hotlanta Steam; 09-26-11 at 11:13 AM.

skers11

I agree with Hotlanta

This game is going to be a shoot-out

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Is that the same defense that gave up way too many pts to Fresno St and Washington?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by skers11 View Post
    public not betting this early in the week.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Wisconsin opened at -7 and jumped to -9 at the Wynn last night. Nebraska has played a tougher schedule than Wisconsin so far, though that is not saying much. At least Nebraska played a legitimate Pac 12 team in Washington. Wisconsin played 0-3 Oregonn State. The Big 10 is really down this year, with the exception of Michigan. If this line climbs to 10 or more, jump on Nebraska. I do not think that will happen.
    10 may be way too much to give here, but Wisc is the real deal this year with Wilson...would not be surprised to see them run the table in the "weak" Big 10 this year and find themselves playing for the title.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Harv View Post
    Is that the same defense that gave up way too many pts to Fresno St and Washington?
    Actually as I laid out above...NO.... Nebraska will have Dennard and Crick on the field at the same time for the first time this season... as they and Lavonte David go Nebraska's defense goes...

Fresno and Washington also both have very decent balanced offenses.... unfortunately for Nebraska...so does Wiscy

allidoiswin89
    allidoiswin89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5728

Betters in Vegas are betting amounts on Wisc to raise the line and then they will bet big on an inflated Nebraska line. Happens in almost every big game if you watched the lines....

Nebraska will be the play. The public doesn't know anything about vegas lol

GoBigRed
    GoBigRed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even with Dennard/Crick in the lineup, I think Nebraska loses this one (and I've been a fan for 30 years). Let's be real. +10 is still sketchy.

Nebraska's 1st untested year / big game in the Big Ten. This game determines the season. Nevermind Wisconsin. They still have to play the rest of the conference.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

You can't advance a muffed punt...

Your right BUT Washington still should have been given possession on the Nebraska 20. It was a bad call. Regardless thats not what this thread is about! Lol!

ezmoney

Under 56! Huge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    True NEB defense will show up! Pellini will have team focused and ready.

UNDER 56, HUGE!!!

EZ

Last edited by ezmoney; 09-27-11 at 01:47 PM.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Seems like Vegas is begging you to take the points in this one... only way I'm playing this is in a teaser

smack3179
    smack3179's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am from Nebraska and i am telling you now that wisconsin will win easily by 14+++. The Huskers are not a top 10 team and do not have a chance in this game

ezmoney

WISC is a SUCKER play, no way line should be 10 and 1/2. Expect a 3-4 point game, NEB possible UPSET! and LOVE the UNDER 56!!! defensive battle.

EZ

skers11

both teams score at least 30

12 Last