CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

How does Minnesota continue to lose to these Dakota Schools?

State population almost 10x higher, with 100x better facilties and resources.

My god it's f'ing embarrassing.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

They still are no good. That's why.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

they've lost to a FCS Dakota team in 07 (went 1-11), 10, 11. Didn't play one in 08

just a complete shit program, bottom 5 in all of FBS

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the score. You would think that they would stop scheduling these guys.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The complete issue is coaching. Glen Mason was the last capable coach who would schedule 4 cupcakes to begin the season each year and would usually start with a 4-0 record into conference play and then ultimately collapse. Eventually the Gophers became spoiled and hated being the annual "Music City Bowl Team" so they fired him and brought in the biggest piece of shit Tim Brewster (who is no longer coaching) the guy basically sold everyone he is a great recruiter and promised a Rose Bowl within 4 years..

Well fast forward now, he recruited some great athletes no doubt.. but they are not great teammates. The gophers went from being somewhat respectable to being a joke in football circles. I am originally from the Twin Cities so I can tell you how far this program has fallen. All the good hometown kids are now being gobbled up by Iowa and Wisconsin, meanwhile the "great athletes" that nobody wants are settling for Minnesota.

Pretty sad.. New facility and they can't sell out any games because the team is so shitty. Until the team, the coaches and the fans realize that these smaller FCS schools come to play as this is their "Superbowl" the team will always be shit. Maybe Kill will rebuild this doormat to a respectable 7-5 squad so we can get back the "music city bowl" status. Regardless.. 2-3 years away from being relevant and should be avoided when betting on. (See USC game)

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

They lose to most schools so why not the Dakota's, Minn could not beat the Division 2 champion UMD if they played

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Was at the game. NDSU came to play. MN plays down to their opponents level. NDSU runs back a cpule of picks for scores and controls the turnover battle and wins by 13.

I started a thread couple days ago to get some more people on board.
    I love that the books don't understand MN! MN cashing a lot of tickets for me by covering when their a big dog and sucking when they should roll a team.

GL

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's funny is their new stadium is so much better than the metrodome

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    What's funny is their new stadium is so much better than the metrodome
    Hilarious isn't it? Built these losers a $300+ million brand new on campus stadium, yet the Vikings are still without a place to play.

Only in Minnesota.

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Recap of MN sports in the last year and a half..

1. Twins - 2x division champs to worst record in the AL
    2. Vikings - '10 was the biggest train wreck in NFL history, this year they make history with their 0-3 start
    3. Wild - lose 8 in a row last year, completely falling out of the playoff picture
    4. TWolves - by far the worst team in the league last year. the butt of all jokes
    5. Gopher BBall - ranked 7th in the AP poll after beating UNC and winning their pre season tourney...fall all the way to not even making the NIT
    6. Gopher FBall - horrible team last year...new coach, lots of optimism...lose at home to NM st, and a dakota team
    7. Gopher hockey - comparable to the "Duke of basketball" the "alabama of football" ....doesnt even make the post season tournament

The Lynx do not count lol