chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

the FIX is in!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

if vegas and the mob bosses were in cahoots to arrange a game to be fixed today, it would be the atlanta falcons +1.5.

the line never made any sense in the first place then the public bets it heavily (as predicted with surety that they would) the line does not make a correction but instead stays the same or in some cases becomes more favorable.

from a purely football perspective- of course the falcons are a better team than tampa bay; of course they are better all over the field and on offense and defense. people believe in the integrity of the institution so they dont care or worse- dont take notice of something like this.

this is what people all a "trap." they are herding you like sheep to a falcons bet.
    maybe they win; i cant see the future but its these types of bets that are why people say "the public" loses more often. the books obviously want you to bet the falcons- are least that much is not debatable. instead of taking the inferior Bucs, i just left this game alone.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Cuse was the play anyway.

Public road dog got slaughtered like they should.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    if vegas and the mob bosses were in cahoots to arrange a game to be fixed today, it would be the atlanta falcons +1.5.

the line never made any sense in the first place then the public bets it heavily (as predicted with surety that they would) the line does not make a correction but instead stays the same or in some cases becomes more favorable.

from a purely football perspective- of course the falcons are a better team than tampa bay; of course they are better all over the field and on offense and defense. people believe in the integrity of the institution so they dont care or worse- dont take notice of something like this.

this is what people all a "trap." they are herding you like sheep to a falcons bet.
    maybe they win; i cant see the future but its these types of bets that are why people say "the public" loses more often. the books obviously want you to bet the falcons- are least that much is not debatable. instead of taking the inferior Bucs, i just left this game alone.
    It's easy to follow, Bears, Atlanta, Tampa, all make sense.

You might not win them all but enough to profit.

Glitch

what is easy to follow? what makes sense? how are you saying that one will profit?

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

People are nuts if they don't think things are fixed on CERTAIN games each week. I like to say "controlled" rather than fixed. And for the idiot naysayers - in every walk of life - if there is a way to make sure money - you think that some people won't take advantage of that???? GMAfb. You all are idiots if you think that sports is the only industry where everyone is on the "up and up" and it's clean.

EB you'd be a bigger idiot to believe it ISN'T rigged than to believe it is rigged.

There was a similar incident a few years ago in a Texas game where there was a call made that I had never seen made before or since ( if I remember correctly Texas was awarded 2 points instead of one on an extra point - and no it was for a two point conversion). I forget the exact details but it was similar to the situation with Toledo yesterday.

And for the guy that said if you think it's rigged, then why still bet? What's the difference? Personally, i bet based against what I think Vegas wants me to bet anyway.

k13

what is easy to follow? what makes sense? how are you saying that one will profit?
    atl -1 vs Chicago too obvious to explain
    phi -2.5 vs Atlanta begging for philly money and sheep remember last week
    atlanta vs -1.5 tampa bay back to square one.

Lets read that from a common folk point of view,

Atlanta and matty ice are amazing, Cutler sucks and bears are overrated. You really want to bet on Cutler?

OmG Atlanta lost to pathetic bears by x points, Eagles are so amazing with Vick, free money.

Atlanta beat the amazing Eagles omg, Tampa barely beat the pathetic Vikings, free money again.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

ofcourse some games are fixed.... this is a risk you take when gambling. thats why its not good to be on the side of the public.

Glitch

ah. yes 13. i understand and agree.

so far in weeks 1 and 2, the heaviest public ats bet lost.
    week1: tennessee +1 @ jacksonville
    week2: baltimore -5.5, 6 @ tennessee

and for obvious reason, all those games you just named there k13 were highly public favorites aswell.

funny that tennessee and atlanta are involved in all 5 of these games.

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I can hear the black helicopters circling this thread!

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

even more of a reason to disband the big east

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is real simple. If you think the games are fixed, STOP WAGERING. You losers in here are always looking for some sorry a** excuse to blame your losses on. There is only ONE reason why you lost. You wagered on the WRONG TEAM. There is no such thing as a good LOSING wager. Get a life losers. Stop your whining and man up. If you can not afford the 5-10 bucks you put on a game, DON'T WAGER.

Also, for you dreamers who think you know what the public wagered on, you have no idea. Not a clue. You take some meaningless stat which could be intentionally incorrect, and claim that you know everything. I can tell you right now that it is the amount wagered, not the number of people who wager, that determines a line. I wager more on a game than the rest of the people in this thread added up, so my wager is going to be a lot more meaningful to the books than all of yours combined.

Glitch

theres only one guy here whining/being a sore loser (even though its semi justified as ebb took a very bad beat yesterday)

the rest of us (minus you BIGqh) are having an adult conversation about reality.

lastly- if you know anything about football you can tell when a line looks way off and when it will get more attention from bettors. i didnt have to look at anything to know 4/5 would be on atlanta at these odds this week or baltimore at those odds against tennessee last week.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It is real simple. If you think the games are fixed, STOP WAGERING.
    This is the reason why I gamble.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i never cry fix before but yesterday's game was 100% fix.

how can a ref standing right under the goal post not see the ball sailing wide? how can the replay official not see the ball sail wide with all the camera angels in high def available to him????

not to mention the phantom penalty on the kick return for a td.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

So you do not know do you? Now I happen to know that there is some very big money on Tampa Bay. Why, I have no idea, but the fact is the these few bettors have put more money on Tampa Bay than all of the other bettors who wagerd on Atlanta. That is why the line has gone from Tampa Bay -1.5 to -2 in a lot of Vegas books. I do not what you use to determine which team to play, but if you know anything at all about this game, you had better to be able to make your own lines. When I do this, I do NOT compute what I perceive the public to be a fair line. The boys in Vegas do. That is the biggest difference between my lines and theirs. The Baltimore line was justified last week because Tennessee had lost to Jacksonville, and Baltimore had destroyed Pitt the week before. If you think that 4/5 of the dollars wagered are on Atlanta this week, you have no clue. The odds would not have increased if that were the case.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    i never cry fix before but yesterday's game was 100% fix.

how can a ref standing right under the goal post not see the ball sailing wide? how can the replay official not see the ball sail wide with all the camera angels in high def available to him????

not to mention the phantom penalty on the kick return for a td.
    I assume you lost on yesterday's game. Live with it. Like I said, if you think that the game was fixed, DO NOT wager. Now if you lost because of a blown call, that happens. Just remember that in the long run, you will win as many games as you will lose because of bad calls. It is part of the game.

Glitch

So you do not know do you? Now I happen to know that there is some very big money on Tampa Bay. Why, I have no idea, but the fact is the these few bettors have put more money on Tampa Bay than all of the other bettors who wagerd on Atlanta. That is why the line has gone from Tampa Bay -1.5 to -2 in a lot of Vegas books. I do not what you use to determine which team to play, but if you know anything at all about this game, you had better to be able to make your own lines. When I do this, I do NOT compute what I perceive the public to be a fair line. The boys in Vegas do. That is the biggest difference between my lines and theirs. The Baltimore line was justified last week because Tennessee had lost to Jacksonville, and Baltimore had destroyed Pitt the week before. If you think that 4/5 of the dollars wagered are on Atlanta this week, you have no clue. The odds would not have increased if that were the case.
    1. where are you getting this information that you "happen to know" (i already know the answer- you are not at liberty to say/ its a secret)

where is your proof? and for all you know the money is on tampa BECAUSE of the fishy line. if i took this game, which wouldnt, then i would be on TB also.

2. that statement about the ravens titans game doesnt make any sense. it looked too low i was saying, not too high- that is why so many people were attracted to it obviously. how slow are you really?

why would people have flocked to the line if it were appeared too high? where are your deductive reasoning skills? but this is not about attacking you.

so a stacked team with a killer defense destroys the AFC champs and a team made up of a couple stars and a bunch of space fillers with a questionable qb situation lost to the Jaguars and that justifies a line of ravens -5, -6? most people would have guessed ravens -14, ravens -10, ravens -10.5. i didnt have to look at any website or any numbers to know people would be all over the ravens at this number. just to confirm it.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

I assume you lost on yesterday's game. Live with it. Like I said, if you think that the game was fixed, DO NOT wager. Now if you lost because of a blown call, that happens. Just remember that in the long run, you will win as many games as you will lose because of bad calls. It is part of the game.

are you dumb, deaf and blind? no one said every game was fixed. anyone with a tv could see this one game was fixed, because it was too obvious.

there are bad calls and there are fixes. when you have the luxury of dozens of angels in high def and miss an obvious call then it's no longer just a bad call.

Last edited by crustyme; 09-25-11 at 12:21 PM.

Glitch

he clearly didnt even read the thread initially. just read the title and then diarrhea from the mouth/fingers ensued.

SOME games are fixed. thats all this thread is saying. (also that it seemed like there was funny business in the toledo game; but who really knows)

ebbearsfb1

thank you glitch

yes i vented at the beginning, then havent said anything else in here...

i clearly said CERTAIN games.... not every single game, but CERTAIN games are....

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

bummer rig to be on.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

The one game I will never forget was the Chargers at Steelers a few years back. Pittsburgh outgained them by like 300 yards. Penalties were 13-0 in favor of San Diego. I had money on Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh not covering the entire game cause of the 13 penalties. Well next to last play, Polamalu picked up a fumble and ran it in for a TD and Pittsburgh covers. But wait, there is a flag down. San Diego's 1st penalty of the game. Steelers still get the ball, penalty is not declined, but somehow the penalty makes the ball dead where Polamalu picked it up?!?!!? No TD. SD covers.

Strange game. Extra strange ending.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    The one game I will never forget was the Chargers at Steelers a few years back. Pittsburgh outgained them by like 300 yards. Penalties were 13-0 in favor of San Diego. I had money on Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh not covering the entire game cause of the 13 penalties. Well next to last play, Polamalu picked up a fumble and ran it in for a TD and Pittsburgh covers. But wait, there is a flag down. San Diego's 1st penalty of the game. Steelers still get the ball, penalty is not declined, but somehow the penalty makes the ball dead where Polamalu picked it up?!?!!? No TD. SD covers. Strange game. Extra strange ending.

yea that was an odd one for sure...

utah + 9 last week vs usc was another strange one....

Matches Malone
    Living life @ -115
    Matches Malone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I think we should all realize that we can't put anything past anybody. All it takes is one or two people to affect the outcome of any situation. We've also all seen some really strange things over the years, yesterday's PAT is another one to add to the list. Of course not everything is a conspiracy, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

Glitch

shoulda asked bigdaddyqh if he was on the falcons today

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

1. where are you getting this information that you "happen to know" (i already know the answer- you are not at liberty to say/ its a secret)

where is your proof? and for all you know the money is on tampa BECAUSE of the fishy line. if i took this game, which wouldnt, then i would be on TB also.

2. that statement about the ravens titans game doesnt make any sense. it looked too low i was saying, not too high- that is why so many people were attracted to it obviously. how slow are you really?

why would people have flocked to the line if it were appeared too high? where are your deductive reasoning skills? but this is not about attacking you.

so a stacked team with a killer defense destroys the AFC champs and a team made up of a couple stars and a bunch of space fillers with a questionable qb situation lost to the Jaguars and that justifies a line of ravens -5, -6? most people would have guessed ravens -14, ravens -10, ravens -10.5. i didnt have to look at any website or any numbers to know people would be all over the ravens at this number. just to confirm it.
    It's about time that you children grew up and took your a** kickings like men. Some of you guys should have your wrothless tails rapped around your shoulders. Stop your whining, and stop trying to make out like you know how to spot a good line from a bad one. You arfe strictly an amateur. Little boys like yourself should stay away from people who can take you for every penny you are worth on one wager. No go back and play with your other friends in the sand box, little boy.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 09-25-11 at 05:13 PM.

Glitch

there was no ass-kicking. this is not about a specific game. originally the subject was brought up because of the muffed replay review in the toledo game. i wasnt even on that game at all.

we're talking about the fact that some games are fixed. why didnt you address what i said instead of just fantasizing about little kids.

we're talkin sports. youre talkin little boys.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did anyone watch the Chicago/GB game at the phantom flag for holding that the ref called on number 29 after the punt? Oh there wasn't a number 29 on the field. And there wasn't even any players kicking team players being touched by the returning team when the flag was thrown. This prevented the Over and Bears cover from happening.

Vin_vermillion

Big fatty. You are easily the biggest douchebag on this site Quit acting like you're such a high roller and know it all. No one here believe the stupid shit that comes out of your mouth.

Vin_vermillion

It's about time that you children grew up and took your a** kickings like men. Some of you guys should have your wrothless tails rapped around your shoulders. Stop your whining, and stop trying to make out like you know how to spot a good line from a bad one. You arfe strictly an amateur. Little boys like yourself should stay away from people who can take you for every penny you are worth on one wager. No go back and play with your other friends in the sand box, little boy.
    Such an idiot. I'll be in vegas in march. Let's meet up and we these great wagers with Ur inside information that you post. Gawd what a moron

sportsreport
    sportsreport's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

What are you saying?

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well refs occasionally get the # wrong and sometimes call out numbers of players that aren't even on the field so thats nothing new. The question is was there a holding penalty on that play. Did any player on the Bears commit a holding penalty on that play? If so, move along. There's nothing here. Now, if there was no holding penalty, it does stink. Especially since it made two bets, the Pack and the under.

Vin_vermillion

There was also an Ohio state vs Illinois game in 2007 that mendenhall(I believe it was him
    ) fumbled and the ref never went to replay , called him down (replays clearly showed he wasn't) and gave the Illini the winning TD. It was later found out that the same ref had major gambling debts to casinos in Vegas. Supposedly he didn't have any money on that game though.... Go back and watch OSU vs Illinois 2007 Blatantly obvious.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Did anyone watch the Chicago/GB game at the phantom flag for holding that the ref called on number 29 after the punt? Oh there wasn't a number 29 on the field. And there wasn't even any players kicking team players being touched by the returning team when the flag was thrown. This prevented the Over and Bears cover from happening.

was leaning bears so would've been pissed had i bet it. first toledo and now bears.

yeah, just goes to show that refs need to be screened like fbi agents. check their background, finances, bank statements, require polygraphs, etc. cause anyone can make bogus calls like this and wipe their casino tab clean.

First 1234 Last