Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Considering putting my biggest bet of the year so far

ON WVU +6

Any reason I shouldn't?

I will add it to my plays unless someone can talk me out of it. I rarely put more than a nickel on a game, but I am thinking about it.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Unless your hoping for some crazy backdoor cover I wouldn't. This is a similar matchup like the LSU vs Miss. St one. I think LSU spanks them and their offense does more than what they did against Miss St.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got a nickel on WVU +6 myself ......... That could be a reason not to bet lol

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Unless your hoping for some crazy backdoor cover I wouldn't. This is a similar matchup like the LSU vs Miss. St one. I think LSU spanks them and their offense does more than what they did against Miss St.

Got a feeling LSU is taking this game lightly. No proof of course. But also -- there has to be some point where that moron Les Miles doesnt win on being more lucky than good in his decisions.

I see this coming down to a final play or maybe even a loss due to something stupid Miles does. You can't be an idiot and win forever based on bad decisions....

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

like it a lot wait til gametime tho, probably getting a better line on this one. personally i dont like making extra big bets if they lose they are hard to make up for. i try to have no bets bigger then double a bet all season.

Brutus84

I dont think it goes to 7, but it might. It probably goes no lower than 6 so I would wait to place the bet if you take WVU. I have LSU-6 and in one teaser with Cincy so I got a decent riding on them. GL, but I'd wait if your taking WVU.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

I'd shy away from that if I were you. I'm not going to be crazy and bash your pick like so many others on this forum, because that's not the kind of person I am. But I will say that I feel quite certain that LSU wins this, and that it is at least by a touchdown. Everyone thought their offense would suffer without Jefferson and all, but it has been quite the opposite, and there is no reason to think WVU will be able to slow them down. The most significant factor of course is their defense, which is for real, and I don't believe WVU will be able to score many points on them. I would stay away from this unless you tease it down several points. The LSU moneyline is the safest option. Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Good luck whichever you decide to do man.

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    like it a lot wait til gametime tho, probably getting a better line on this one. personally i dont like making extra big bets if they lose they are hard to make up for. i try to have no bets bigger then double a bet all season.

I do $100 per unit....only up to 5 units. If I am way up and see something I love, then I will go higher, but only if I ABSOULTELY LOVE IT and I AM UP MORE THAN THE BET.

Highest bet I have ever placed was $2300 and it lost. Will never forget that loss. It was on Iowa vs Michigan St a few years ago and I lost on the last play of the game.

you're probably right. I shouldn't do it, but I am up about 10 units on the year, and if I am up going into that game Saturday night, I am probably gonna roll on it.

Thanks for the advice though Trinity.

Vin_vermillion

I dont think it goes to 7, but it might. It probably goes no lower than 6 so I would wait to place the bet if you take WVU. I have LSU-6 and in one teaser with Cincy so I got a decent riding on them. GL, but I'd wait if your taking WVU.

I appreciate your comments Brutus, despite the fact that we disagree on the bet!

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    I'd shy away from that if I were you. I'm not going to be crazy and bash your pick like so many others on this forum, because that's not the kind of person I am. But I will say that I feel quite certain that LSU wins this, and that it is at least by a touchdown. Everyone thought their offense would suffer without Jefferson and all, but it has been quite the opposite, and there is no reason to think WVU will be able to slow them down. The most significant factor of course is their defense, which is for real, and I don't believe WVU will be able to score many points on them. I would stay away from this unless you tease it down several points. The LSU moneyline is the safest option. Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Good luck whichever you decide to do man.

Thanks for your opinion. I will update my FB thread closer to game time on whatever I decide....

Thanks guys!

Brutus84

I dont know much about you as a capper but if you dont feel good about either, tease LSU with Notre Dame. Both teams coming away with a road win. GL! LSU is a game I feel like everyone has to have action on lol.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

I found WVU inconsistent, so when I expect them to cover they usually disappoint, but that's as a favorite most of the time. GL.

mrtsummit
    mrtsummit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

No way should that be a biggest bet of the year, don't do it. LSU may win by 3 touchdowns.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Hey Vin,this is a tough game IMO , we all know about LSU's D,but I don't think many are aware of WV's new look offense.They are not the same running WV, that we all knew for the last 5 years,these guys throw it now,and a lot,they have good team speed also,and on D,those DBs hit BIGTIME HARD ,you'll see what I'm talking about!! WVs playing at home.LSU has the best Defense in college and might be better than some NFL teams,there big ,strong and fast to the ball,and very disciplined as are the Hokie's . LSU's D is built to stop the pass and will on Saturday..On Offense if LSU can manage the clock and control the TOP,I see LSU winning this one by 13..... take LSU -6 IMO they wear down WV in the 2nd half.. a great game either way,WV is no walk in the park .... GL Vin House in the House

Vin_vermillion

Thanks for all the opinions guys.

Again, I will see how Saturday goes and probably have the play out around 6pm in my thread.

Glad to hear everyone's thoughts - much appreciated!

Vin_vermillion

I dont know much about you as a capper but if you dont feel good about either, tease LSU with Notre Dame. Both teams coming away with a road win. GL! LSU is a game I feel like everyone has to have action on lol.

i have a thread...lmao! no one pays attention to it though.

Dime Time
    Dime Time's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my opinion, your dead on. WVU will play them to the wire, this is a big game for WVU and they are gonna bring their A game. GL!

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

If u want to make it in college football betting heres a tip....... Never bet against les miles. He has the most wins in history at two different schools and the most talent in college football. That LSU defense could stop the patriots!

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Yeah, What he said ^

Dime Time

I have bet college for over 20 years now. LSU has always been a good team to bet on when you know when to bet on them. This is gonna be a hard fought close game which will go to the wire, don't lose your money on this one, but good luck!

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Trust me..... I'll bump this thread Saturday!

rybread9
    rybread9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

I think everyone would consider Oregon's offense better than West Virginia's. We all saw how that game went. LSU's speed and ability to tackle in space stuffed Oregon. First year head coach vs a great D? What has WVU proven this year? That they can beat Maryland by 6? So what. Don't overthink this one. LSU or NO PLAY.
    Last edited by rybread9; 09-23-11 at 12:14 PM.

Dime Time

Promise???? Your on my favorite list now.

Jpound21
    Jpound21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I have to agree with most of the posters here. This game has to remind you of the Oregon game except LSU is even better now. Geno is a great qb and they have a high powered offense however he's going up again a massive d line and 2 future 1st rounders in the secondary. This game could very well be close going into halftime but its only a matter of time before both lines for LSU just completely wear down WVU. I personally think Les is the worst clock mgmt coach in the ncaa but the ridiculous amount of talent that LSU has will eventually just overpower wvu to the point where LSU probably wins by 14-17. I just hope wv's crowd doesnt throw things on the field like they seem to alwayssssss do at home basketball games! Either way gl!

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    If u want to make it in college football betting heres a tip....... Never bet against les miles. He has the most wins in history at two different schools and the most talent in college football. That LSU defense could stop the patriots!
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Yeah, What he said ^
    Bet on WVU or LSU but let it be known Les Miles has a losing record against the spread while at LSU. 36-42-2 ATS.

LSU is supremely talented on the defensive front, but I see turnovers being the name of the game. If WVU can win the turnover battle they have a shot to win straight up. LSU wants to control the ball and the clock to grind out wins riding their defense. Russell Sheppard will be back and gives the Tigers a weapon that can stretch the field. It'll be a fun game to watch no matter what side you're on.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Don't know why this would be anyone's biggest bet either way on this game.

losemyloot
    Update your status
    losemyloot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

I would recommend taking West Virginia +6 or better but I don't like your money management. I don't like to go above 2X my normal bet.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

I rather take the under

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by losemyloot View Post
    I would recommend taking West Virginia +6 or better but I don't like your money management. I don't like to go above 2X my normal bet.

Again, this would only be a big bet if I was up for that days games. I choose my spots for big plays. I may not even be in a position to make a good wager on this game by end of day Saturday.

I am wagering the same amount on all normal plays and up 10 units for the season. I see it as a good spot to make a big play if I am going into the night ahead. That's all.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Waiting on more line movement before playing the Mountaineers. No matter what, WVU is going to be (at minimum) a 5-unit play.

piffd
    piffd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

WVU probably doesnt have a skill position player over 200 lbs. n that fanciful spread offense doesnt do much against a well disciplined D just ask miss st, and oregon. n ppl hating on the offense.....LSU could realistically win this game without throwing a single pass.

With that said, it all seems to easy which is the only angle to bet WVU

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU wins by 10+

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

very dumb bet sir........LSU's d is going to make them look like a DII team..........its WVU FOOTBALL.....not basketball....

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

im thinking 26-13 ish............maybe 29-17

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Don't know why this would be anyone's biggest bet either way on this game.
    well said.

12 Last