Well I picked up a nice win on the under in last night’s game as I look to make it two in a row with tonight’s play.

Friday night College Football brings us Central Florida heading out on the road as a 2 point underdog with a total set at 44 to face off against BYU.

Central Florida looks to rebound from a sloppy game they played last week at FIU in which they lost 17-10. Central Florida however out played FIU in almost every category except for the two that really hurt the most, turnovers and penalties. The Knights turned the ball over twice one in which FIU was able to run in for a touchdown. It doesn’t help that they had 10 penalties for a loss of 71 yards. If the Knights plan on winning this game on the road tonight they need to fix those problems in a very hostile environment tonight.

BYU enters tonight’s matchup off an embarrassing loss to rival Utah last week in which they played very sloppy football by turning the ball over 7 times and allowing Utah to score two touchdowns on fumble recoveries. If BYU is going to pull out a win tonight and rebound from that ugly loss they need to protect the ball against this very good Central Florida team who has only allowed 20 points through 3 games this season.

Tonight’s matchup with BYU is going to be a big test for the Central Florida defense. Central Florida has had a very easy time shutting down the pass this season but now they have to face a QB in Heaps who is a step above what they have seen this season. On the offensives side of the ball though Central Florida is going to have to keep the ground game going considering that BYU has really struggled to stop the run this season allowing 157.3 rushing yards per game.

For BYU to pick up a win tonight they are going to need to really stop the run. Central Florida is averaging 223.3 yards per game on the ground and they have QB in Godfrey who already has 6 rushing touchdowns this season. BYU also has to keep from giving up the big play. The Cougars gave up 4 touchdowns to Utah that was 30 or more yards. On the offensive side of the ball BYU needs to protect the ball and find a way to get a balanced attack against Central Florida, which has been a problem for BYU since they are averaging just 48.3 rushing yards per game this season to go along with the 253.3 passing yards they are averaging.

A few trends for tonight’s game are as followed.

- Central Florida is 8-0 ATS the last 8 games following a SU loss.
- The Knights are 10-1-1 ATS the last 12 games following an ATS loss.
- Central Florida is 13-3 ATS their last 16 road games.
- Central Florida is 7-1 ATS the last 8 games as a road underdog.
- BYU is 6-2 ATS their last 8 non-conference games.
- BYU is 5-2 ATS the last 7 games following a 20 point loss.
- BYU is just 1-3 ATS the last 4 home games as a favorite of less than 4 points.
- BYU is just 1-4 ATS their last 5 September home games.

This game is a very tough game to call tonight. I really could not tell you who I think will cover this line. Looking at the total could also be a tough play. I am going to make a half unit play on the under 21.5 in the first half of tonight’s game. Both teams have played decent defense on the year. I think Central Florida is going to come out pumped up and make some good stops on BYU. We could though see the defense from Central Florida let up as the game goes on since they will be playing in an atmosphere in Utah that could tire them out. BYU should come out and need to make a statement that those 54 points given up last week was a fluke and they can play defense.
Let’s see if I can make it two in a row tonight. Central Florida and BYU under 21.5 first Half.

As always Good Luck Everyone!