USC +9.5

alpha968
    alpha968's Avatar Become A Pro!

$35 to win $175

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

that's a terrible teaser dude

the first rule of teasers is that you never bet a big underdog even higher...because half the times that a team is +22 or whatever, they end up losing by about 40

alpha968

Well.. look at the teams in question... neither Kentucky or Missouri are bad enough teams to lose by 27/28 points. Granted they are up against Florida and Oklahoma respectively but thats a lot of points for conference play.

USC-Arizona State is a coin-toss, it will be a close game therefore the added benefit of the points.

LSU and Georgia Tech are both teams that should win their games, but they could be close.

Michigan is overrated this season - they have no D to speak of. 17.5 points should be plenty.

Appreciate the comment... but keep your eye on this.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Quote Originally Posted by alpha968 View Post
    Well.. look at the teams in question... neither Kentucky or Missouri are bad enough teams to lose by 27/28 points. Granted they are up against Florida and Oklahoma respectively but thats a lot of points for conference play.

USC-Arizona State is a coin-toss, it will be a close game therefore the added benefit of the points.

LSU and Georgia Tech are both teams that should win their games, but they could be close.

Michigan is overrated this season - they have no D to speak of. 17.5 points should be plenty.

Appreciate the comment... but keep your eye on this.
    You're right...Kentucky is bad enough to lose by AT LEAST 27/28.

bu08usc11
    bu08usc11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Well.. look at the teams in question... neither Kentucky or Missouri are bad enough teams to lose by 27/28 points.
    Missouri is definitely bad enough to lose by 28+. Not saying they will, but do not be even a little surprised if OU beats them by 30+.

alpha968

bu08usc11, did you watch the Missouri-ASU game? Granted ASU gave them points they shouldn't have... I just don't see OU-Missouri going to a 4 score differential.

bu08usc11

Hell...Oregon -8, Georgia -2, Ohio St. O37, Boise O54, Baylor -13, Texas Tech -8 (or Georgia Tech Pick/-1) would be a significantly better setup.

alpha968

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post

You're right...Kentucky is bad enough to lose by AT LEAST 27/28.
    I'd almost always take +27 for the home team in an SEC conference game... obviously a few exceptions, but not this Florida team.

bu08usc11

bu08usc11, did you watch the Missouri-ASU game? Granted ASU gave them points they shouldn't have... I just don't see OU-Missouri going to a 4 score differential.
    To each their own. Missouri lost a ton and OU is better over a year ago. It's being played in Norman. Missouri is stirring up trouble with the Big 12. Everything points to this having the potential of a blowout. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But I'd much rather be on OU -12...

alpha968

Quote Originally Posted by bu08usc11 View Post
    Hell...Oregon -8, Georgia -2, Ohio St. O37, Boise O54, Baylor -13, Texas Tech -8 (or Georgia Tech Pick/-1) would be a significantly better setup.
    I already have Georgia Tech -1 in there.

I'm playing Oregon -9, Baylor -13, Boise-19 in a separate parlay.

(Also I'm not sure if you realize but this is a 7 point parlay.. so Texas Tech would be -10 and Georgia -4.5

I don't want to touch Ohio State yet... also don't know enough / would rather stay away from Texas Tech and Georgia.

brahmabull117

Well.. look at the teams in question... neither Kentucky or Missouri are bad enough teams to lose by 27/28 points.

it's more of a fundamental rule bro

u never tease a big underdog even higher because many of those games end up being much much bigger blowouts than the score indicates. Hell an OU teaser of -16 is a much safer play in this case

In 4 home games last year in the big 12 conference, OU won 3 of them by 30+ points. Hell OU beat #17 Florida State last year at home by 30 points. This year's missouri team is not as good as as FSU last year and OU this year is a hell of a lot better than OU last year. That game could easily end up being a 30-40 point beatdown

edit: Hell OU played missouri in 2008 at home and beat them by 41!!

alpha968

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    it's more of a fundamental rule bro
    You are correct... I agree with you on that in general.

However, in this SPECIFIC case I do believe there is value to be had on both Kentucky playing at home as well as Missouri after watching them travel to ASU and their ability to score.

Watch this play out brother.

brahmabull117

You are correct... I agree with you on that in general. However, in this SPECIFIC case I do believe there is value to be had on both Kentucky playing at home as well as Missouri after watching them travel to ASU and their ability to score. Watch this play out brother.

why not tease OU to -16???

Missouri's secondary is terrible, you saw them get shredded by ASU on the road and OU's passing attack is much more powerful than ASU. I personally have OU winning this by about 24, but it could be much much bigger

alpha968

why not tease OU to -16???

Missouri's secondary is terrible, you saw them get shredded by ASU on the road and OU's passing attack is much more powerful than ASU. I personally have OU winning this by about 24, but it could be much much bigger
    I see your point man... but Missouri still put up over 500 yards of offense in that game, playing on the road on a Thursday night game. While Oklahoma's D is obviously going to be a much sterner test, I still see Missouri putting up points on the board.

Lets just see how this plays out.. a OU win by 24 would work for us all

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Have you not actually WATCHED this Kentucky team? They are horrible! Florida wins by 4 TDs easy.

I like Ga Tech to win by 8 or more

And the San Diego State game in the big house - early start for a traveling west Coast team..one big michigan play blows that one for ya.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

that's a terrible teaser dude

the first rule of teasers is that you never bet a big underdog even higher...because half the times that a team is +22 or whatever, they end up losing by about 40
    +1

I just bet a 4 team and a 3 team 7 pt teaser...My picks? Illinois, Florida, Nebraska, LSU/WV under 56, Utah State, Miami and Georgia--all favorites! You could also add Boise State...

Never bet the underdog higher! Look at NC State last night! They were +7.5--even adding 7 points gets you to +14.5! They lost by 30! The safer bet last night would have been to tease Cin to -.5.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

I agree with you Brahma, but please dont talk trash. I know for a fact you wouldnt even bet 50 bucks on Oklahoma at -16, let alone at -23 or whatever they are. Alpha-I would throw in Notre Dame Ev or Central Florida +9.5 depending on what line you got. Oregon State +2 UCLA sucks. GL

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

hindsight is 20/20

moneymac81
    moneymac81's Avatar Become A Pro!

MICHIGAN is gonna crush SDST ... BOOK IT... Saw SDSU play live @ Army... OVERRATED!!!

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Disregard my Oregon State post. Both teams suck and there are much safer ones to tease. I was just trying to find a college game. I would like OKie State getting 11. A and M is overrated.

alpha968

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Disregard my Oregon State post. Both teams suck and there are much safer ones to tease. I was just trying to find a college game. I would like OKie State getting 11. A and M is overrated.
    Oregon State get their biggest playmaker back for this game - James Rogers. Their QB is decent, just hasn't had any good targets - their TE returns too.

UCLA struggled against San Jose State.. just can't see them traveling well to Corvalis. Oregon State also always somehow raises their game for conference opponents.