thekid667
    thekid667's Avatar Become A Pro!

E.J. Manuel will not start for the Noles!

I live in Tallahassee Fl. and last night i waited on a inside source who works for the F.S.U. Athletic department.He told me that E.J. Manuel will not start this weekend.This info is not available anywhere online and wont be possibly until kickoff due to the tight lip nature of the coaching staff. I hope this is helpful to anyone wagering on this event Saturday.

pensfan
    pensfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12477

Do you think FSU can win without him?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

I think this game has been pulled off the board for most sites.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

woooo hooooo baby clemson -2

Ice House

btw i hate clemson. but i like money

the h man
    the h man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Whos the backup QB?

Ice House

someone said back up QB is one of the coaches sons

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Thats why the line has dropped from FSU -7.5 to -2. Personnally not a game I will bet on.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Manuel has won zero in his life. Who cares if he is out, it's better anyway. Always is. Good luck!

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

The backup qb is the o line coach's son I believe.

He came in last week after Manuel got injured and played pretty well actually. Not going to touch this game

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liked Clemson before.. even better now

TPA
    TPA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went to FSU and we probably have a better chance winning with Trickett...He is the son of the O Line coach of Rick Tricket...Trickett is not flashy and will not scramble around for 100 yards rushing. BUT he will also not fumble 3 times and try and force things. He did move the ball fairly well against OK and didnt do anything stupid. Going on the road you will want to minimize the turnovers and play smart. Remember EJ Manual was cleared to come back in, and JimBo sent Trickett back out for a couple drives. And you better beleive the O Line is going to block like no other, because you have to protect your coachs son. haha
    I think FSU still pulls this one out, but Im not going to touch it, much better games out there this weekend.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Clint Trickett is the FSU back up QB. If I remember correctly, he came off the bench when Manual went down and first play went deep, connecting for a first down. Was hot at first and then settled down. Coaches must have some confidence in him to allow him to pass vs Oklahoma D. Tough to come into a game like that and should benefit from snaps in practice this week. Closed out the game at 7 for 15, 134 yards with a TD and a pick. He sure does look skinny compared to Manual and weighs 180 lbs soaking wet. Tough game to call. FSU defense is loaded with studs, but Clemson D isn't shabby. Slight lean towards FSU for me, if I play it.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Thats why the line has dropped from FSU -7.5 to -2. Personnally not a game I will bet on.

FSU -3 to Clemson -2.5. The difference between winning by a field goal and losing by less than a FG is very small.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 09-22-11 at 11:35 AM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    Clint Trickett is the FSU back up QB. If I remember correctly, he came off the bench when Manual went down and first play went deep, connecting for a first down. Was hot at first and then settled down. Coaches must have some confidence in him to allow him to pass vs Oklahoma D. Tough to come into a game like that and should benefit from snaps in practice this week. Closed out the game at 7 for 15, 134 yards with a TD and a pick. He sure does look skinny compared to Manual and weighs 180 lbs soaking wet. Tough game to call. FSU defense is loaded with studs, but Clemson D isn't shabby. Slight lean towards FSU for me, if I play it.
    Clint Trickett is a relative unknown because he was in the shadow of Manuel, who was in the shadow of Christian Ponder in recent years. His father, Rick Trickett is the offensive coordinator for the Seminoles, and Rick's resume is solid in developing and operating high quality offensive units. There's no room on the FSU team for a daddy's boy that can't play at a high level.

Clint is 6'2" and only 180 lb, but is a very strong passer and a very smart player. He's had the benefit of years of education from his dad in running the offense in games, and will use the protection his offensive line offers him rather than breaking and running like Manuel does. This is not a typical emergency starter who struggles with executing the plays when the #1 goes down. The offense will have a somewhat different look on Saturday, but it will be effective.

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Manuel has won zero in his life. Who cares if he is out, it's better anyway. Always is. Good luck!
    Manuel was the MVP against West Virginia in the gator bowl in Bobby's last game. He also beat South Carolina in the bowl game last year.

Ice House

EJ Manuel is better than Trickett. I can't believe people are trying to say otherwise.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    EJ Manuel is better than Trickett. I can't believe people are trying to say otherwise.
    Trickett isn't better, but he is capable and should get very good protection in the pocket.

Noles19
    Noles19's Avatar Become A Pro!

If FSU wins this game it won't be because of Clint Trickett. It will be because of the run game and the defense. You will see Trickett throwing bubble screens and handing the ball off. I am still confident FSU will win.

Ice House

it will be tough for FSU to get up for this game. They just had their national championship dreams crushed. Now the only thing they have to play for is the ACC title.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    it will be tough for FSU to get up for this game. They just had their national championship dreams crushed. Now the only thing they have to play for is the ACC title.
    I doubt they realistically expected to compete for the national title this season. Even the most optimistic assessment of the team places them as a year or two away from having all the pieces in place.