ericmangin
    ericmangin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fresno state-3

somebody please tell me how colorado state is in a bowl game? they are a bad 6-6 team. i would venture to guess that they were the 68th team selected to the post season, out of a possible 68. fresno is healthy for the first time all year, and pat hill is a good big game coach. not that this is a big game, but for these teams it is. there is absolutely no way fresno loses this football game, and 3 points, maybe 2.5 by kick off is certainly nothing to scare anyone away. fresno is a great play here

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Ok, I'll try my best. 5 of the 6 losses Colorado St. has this year are to the following teams: at Air Force, BYU, at Utah, TCU, and at Cal. They were 16 point dogs against BYU and lost by only 3. They were 17 point dogs against TCU and lost by only 6. Those are a couple of pretty good teams to lose by less than a touchdown to. Now, you could say their 6 wins don't mean much becuase they were against sub-par teams. True, but the last two wins at Wyoming they won by 11 and were 2 point dogs, and against New Mexico they won by 14 and were 3.5 point dogs. I guess what I'm saying here is it looks like this Colorado St. team (especially recently) has relished the role of the underdog. Their only quality win was against Houston-but I think the way to play this game is as follows: Fresno St. was supposed to be one of the elite college football teams this year. They have been mediocre at best. No one expected anything but mediocrity out of Colorado St. and here they are in a Bowl game. Fresno St. never expected to be playing Colorado St. this bowling year, and CSU couldn't be happier. They've won their last 2 games to make it here, and will play hard for 60 minutes. My money is on CSU and I'm taking the points.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I actually think the wrong team is favored here, Coloado State is better than Fresno State right now. They finished the season on a roll and two of their losses were narrow ones to BYU and TCU when both were nationally ranked. I think Fresno is a much more questionable Bowl choice than Rams are, especially after that season ending Boise game they lost 61-10.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

If Fresno's bring their A game they should beat this CSU team, but it's basically a toss up. Fresno has no defense to speak of but their offense is very potent when it wants to. They have a pretty decent receiving corp with Pascoe, Chastin, and playmaker Seryi Arjitotou. Their running is also strong with Lonyae Miller, and potential return of Star running back Ryan Matthews. If Matthews plays, Fresno will win this game.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matthews isn't as good as CSU's RB Johnson...

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

LT, I actually am on the same path as you. I could see PK, but I was slightly surprised to see Fresno St as the favorite. Considering playing CState +3 and +10 in a teaser with memphis.....

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Fresno is the better team talentwise here but the question is motivation? Pat Hill has been flirting w/Washington and the Bulldogs haven't had much practice time. CSU has been down for a bit and this is their 1st bowl since 05. I still like Fresno here because I think they'll be re-energized by Hill's staying put and the bad taste from the beating they took from Boise! Fresno's biggest problem is stopping the run w/their beat up front 7 but CSU only rushes for 130 ypg (3.7 pc)! The CSU defense allows 5.2 ypc themselves so FSU will be able to pound it too..with or without Matthews! Fresno's WRs are also 6'3 and 6'5 and tower over CSU's shorter corners...add that to solid QB Brandstater and TE Bear Pascoe working the middle and CSU should struggle all day on D. Finally CSUs special teams haven't been special and Fresno's return game is strong...29.3 on kickoffs and 14.2 on punts!

Fresno State 34
    CSU 23

GL

Looks like the line is moving...if you decide to play FSU then might as well wait til kickoff...could be a pick'em?
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 12-19-08 at 09:47 AM.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I agree with Mr. Handicapable....I was looking at around the same type of score!
    I keep hearing the Bulldogs cant stop the run, but look at Colorado St, they can't either!

I think the difference here is Pat Hill. He'll have his boys ready!

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    Matthews isn't as good as CSU's RB Johnson...
    Matthews is an NFL running back guarantee, he's just hasn't been healthy all season. He can pretty much do everything, run between tackles and take the ball to distant on any given play. What more can you ask for. I know this, because this happens to be the local team around my area.

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

BEAR PASCOE! Have fun laying your hard earned money on Bear, he drops 4 out of 5 passes thrown to him. The problem for shitty Fresno is their offense. Pat Hill will run the ball because he has no WR corps. They are beatup on the O-Line, WR, RB, and FB. Tom Brandstatter is an overrated statue of a quaterback.

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Mr. Handicapp has never watched Fresno Play appairently. YOUR STUPID OFFENSE COULDNT MOVE THE BALL AGAINST SAN JOSE STATE!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Euphoria,

Load up on Colorado State then? They struggled w/Sacramento State but I'm sure they're actually a pretty good team If you think Fresno's problem is offense then you better follow another sport...maybe soccer of something??

If (and its a big IF) Fresno is mentally ready to play then they'll beat this mediocre CSU team!
    Its a smaller play for me! I've cashed on Fresno a bunch in the last few years....Bear Pascoe was a BEAST in that game at Texas A&M last year and they were decent last year w/alot better athletes than CSU! He may drop a few balls on a weekly basis...maybe you know more about that than me but he still is a nice big target over the middle! Fresno also has good returners on special teams which is a big weakness for Colorado State with their overall lack of speed!

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Haven't seen much of CSU this year, but I've seen Fresno play multiple times this year. Fresno is one of the worst tackling team I've seen this year.