t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Does A&M pump Oklahoma State?

Can't really figure out what's going on here. The Cowboys are a pretty high-powered team and the public loves them but the line has already moved to Aggies -4.5. My guess is that A&M comes out fired up and is too much to handle for OK State. The revenge factor is big in this one.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4437

being a sharp then take A&M

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Lucky I hoped on at -3. My largest play this weekend.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post
    Lucky I hoped on at -3. My largest play this weekend.
    Nice job. 4.5 might be too much for me to lay but i'm shocked that this moved anywhere past 3.5

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

As long as Mike Sherman is coach you should always fade A&M in meaningful games, check out this clowns ATS record in NFL & NCAAF.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Can't really figure out what's going on here. The Cowboys are a pretty high-powered team and the public loves them but the line has already moved to Aggies -4.5. My guess is that A&M comes out fired up and is too much to handle for OK State. The revenge factor is big in this one.

revenge factor didn't seem to matter much last year or the year before that. the better team will win but it will have nothing to do with revenge. the revenge factor is only for drunk fans like you and me and should prolly not be figured into betting a game...lol.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    revenge factor didn't seem to matter much last year or the year before that. the better team will win but it will have nothing to do with revenge. the revenge factor is only for drunk fans like you and me and should prolly not be figured into betting a game...lol.
    So you're an Oklahoma State fan? Gimme some knowledge bro. All I know is that your squad can put up points. I watched some of the bowl game last year when they were unstoppable but that's about it.

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

When it opened at 3 I bought a half a point down to 2.5 and I'm loving the reverse line movement.

sandman0713

i don't know who will win man...tough to call. i do know that over many years of going to every home ostate game the best game of the year is against a+m many times. even before ostate improved several years ago this was still a great game usually. would be interesting to see how many have ended at 4 points or less because i can think of many close ones. my opinion...i wouldn't bet it at more than 3 if at all. ostate o looks great...but it is a new coach and there have been a lot of changes on that side. hasn't really been tested like it will be on the road saturday against a good d. the ostate d lost pretty much the whole front 7...but many like myself feel this d is already ahead of last year. once again...we will have to wait and see against a good o on the road. too many unknowns for me...but if i was forced to bet it would be a+m and the under. great game though i think that is way too close to bet on either way.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Already hit them pretty hard at -3.

sandman0713

btw...don't hold me to that if u bet a certain way man. although i think it will be another great a+m\ostate game, either of these teams are capable of lighting it up and running away with it...anything can happen. just saying that it is almost always a close and entertaining game. i just don't see many differences between this year and last...and last year it was an awesome game decided in the final seconds. could have went either way.

Ca$hfloW

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Already hit them pretty hard at -3.
    Got to like that were on vegas' side as well. Are you a big line movement bettor?

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Okie State is for real..... who has Texas A & M showed up against the past 3 years?

Ca$hfloW

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Okie State is for real..... who has Texas A & M showed up against the past 3 years?
    How about OU and Nebraska last year.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$hfloW View Post
    Got to like that were on vegas' side as well. Are you a big line movement bettor?

which side is vegas on? love how people always say that. or they say the public is on a certain side.

1. all vegas wants is the 10% of everything. why people assume vegas has a huge stake in every game makes no sense to me. sure there are games here and there where they can't get equal action...but rare. vegas takes the sure thing...10% no matter what. that is why there are so many pretty lights and buildings there. the gamblers win and lose...but almost always go home broke.

2. unless you have an italian uncle named vinnie who is telling you what to bet or some other form of inside info...you are the public.

3. i have watched the early line movement for years and tried to study what would happen in situations just like this. guess what...in the end it don't mean shit. one week the early movement that makes no sense will be the right side and everyone will say the sharps were on that game early...the next week the late movement wins, or the public as they are called so often here.

not trying to be an ass...but all true.

Ca$hfloW

which side is vegas on? love how people always say that. or they say the public is on a certain side.

1. all vegas wants is the 10% of everything. why people assume vegas has a huge stake in every game makes no sense to me. sure there are games here and there where they can't get equal action...but rare. vegas takes the sure thing...10% no matter what. that is why there are so many pretty lights and buildings there. the gamblers win and lose...but almost always go home broke.

2. unless you have an italian uncle named vinnie who is telling you what to bet or some other form of inside info...you are the public.

3. i have watched the early line movement for years and tried to study what would happen in situations just like this. guess what...in the end it don't mean shit. one week the early movement that makes no sense will be the right side and everyone will say the sharps were on that game early...the next week the late movement wins, or the public as they are called so often here.

not trying to be an ass...but all true.
    No problem man. I've never been a line watcher but I know alot of people are. I just was talking about the reverse line movement theory that some people love. Opened at -3 and public got on osu and the line moved in the opposite direction to 4.5. I mean ive seen it happen more times than not.

t-wizzle

Appreciate the feedback. A&M is a tough place to play. This is going to be really tough for the Cowboys because they haven't faced a good defense yet like the Aggies.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Oklahoma State is the play. They are the better team on paper, I thought I would have to give a little less than a TD on OSU but getting 4.5 seems like a no-brainer. Keep in mind A&M has played nobodies, so who knows how good they really are. I'll end up making a medium sized play on OSU more than likely

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Oklahoma State is the play. They are the better team on paper, I thought I would have to give a little less than a TD on OSU but getting 4.5 seems like a no-brainer. Keep in mind A&M has played nobodies, so who knows how good they really are. I'll end up making a medium sized play on OSU more than likely
    And Oklahoma State played 2 bad teams and what turned out to be a bad Arizona team. This line is A&M -4.5 for a reason. Not trying to overthink it, just trying to find out why it is what it is.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Appreciate the feedback. A&M is a tough place to play. This is going to be really tough for the Cowboys because they haven't faced a good defense yet like the Aggies.
    I made this game to be TAM -6.5 with a total of 79, but IMO, this isn't really an ideal spot to be backing the Aggies. Their first three weeks consisted of SMU, a bye, and then Idaho. Not a particularly challenging start to their season and regardless of how good their defense is on paper, OK State is all about the shootout. We could have 50+ points in the first half and then all the capping goes out the window...

TPowell

And Oklahoma State played 2 bad teams and what turned out to be a bad Arizona team. This line is A&M -4.5 for a reason. Not trying to overthink it, just trying to find out why it is what it is.

Arizona is a bad team? They aren't as good as advertised but what would you make the line in a Arizona/SMU game on a neutral field. OSU was -14 against Zona while A&M was only -15 against SMU. In my estimation, Zona is the better team and if thats right, Vegas must think that OSU is a better team than A&M on a neutral field

bosoxbruce
    bosoxbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Well it's finally happened, been reading and loving this forum for almost a year and now this thread has drug me out of the darkness. Being the okie state homer that I am I had to throw my two cents in. First how has the "reverse line movement" played out the last two weeks for osu? In the zona game the line fell from 14 to 13, in the Tulsa game from 14.5 to 12 in some books, the public was heavily on the pokes in both and both times the cowboys covered easily. Sooo does that mean osu covers Saturday? No just food for thought for the "reverse line lovers" as for the game... First the crowd will not be a factor with as many vets as state has on offense. Second a&m, close ur eyes Aggie fans , does not have the horses on defense to run with okie state in ne venue at ne time! On the flip side I think tannehille could have a career day. The osu d is not good enough to stop the well balanced attack of Texas a&m. This game will come down to special teams and turnovers. I believe the opening line of 3 was actually pretty sharp. Bottom line this will be a coin flip, better ways to make money Saturday than beating ur head against the wall with this game. However if the line continues to inflate I see value in the okie state ml.
    Last edited by bosoxbruce; 09-21-11 at 11:39 PM.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Did you see Okie States defense last week??

Since Tannehill and Gray became starters in midseason last year. Texas Tech, Top 5 OU, Top 10 Nebraska. Texas. Tannehill has only lost to LSU.

Lol at the Okie Backers here. Not because you back Okie, that can certainly happen but the reasoning is absolute garbage. Because Sherman isn't a big game coach? Did you watch last season. Because A&M hasn't played anyone? Who has through 3 weeks? Same garbage from squares who use recycled reasons without actual numbers or facts.

A&M 37 - Okie 21
    Okie's defense is absolute garbage. Their run defense was shredded last week. Their offense is real good, but Coryell Judie is good enough to keep up with Blackmon. I expect him to get his but he won't go off. A&M has one of the best running games in the country and they are going to roll Okie on the ground. Tannehill is real smart and does tuen the ball over. Go to any draft site, such as nfldraftcountdown, and he is the top senior QB in this upcoming draft and only behind luck and Barkley overall. Gray is also the top senior RB. Michael is just as explosive as they split carries. Fuller is #2 WR behind Michael Floyd. 1st round talent QB (Tannehill) , 1st round RB talent (Gray) and top 15 pick talent Jeff Fuller. Offense is absolutely loaded

Kyle field will be electric. A&M has rhe better offense. Better defense. Plays at home. A&M will lose this year and when they do it will be at the hands of a solid defense. Okie doesn't have that.

Don't be a square and bet Okie
    Last edited by mv09; 09-22-11 at 04:40 AM.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

throw a unit on the over and enjoy the fireworks.

sandman0713

dam dude...u get that right out of the press guide? i am fairly certain everyone here knows who your qb is and who your rb is...even without the intro. thank you though. if u read my posts then u can c i am not trying to talk anyone into betting okie state...quite the opposite actually. i think this game has little value, if any, and there are many better games as far as betting saturday. judging from the huge intro and the statement that the a+m o is better than the ostate o...u r clearly speaking as a fan only. u guys have had smu and idaho at home...yet u only average 40 points. ostate averaging 11 more per game with a tougher schedule and 1 road game thrown in. ostate returns the entire o from a year ago...minus one rb who is replaced by a clone pretty much. they were better than a+m on o a year ago...they have been better on o so far this year...so how can u say some dumb shit like that and expect anyone to take u seriously? gonna be a great game...but seperate fan talk from betting talk please.

sandman0713

btw...i am done with this thread. don't waste your time digging up interesting tidbits from the big win over idaho or the pony express. i have no money on this game and no interest in it outside of an osu fan. good luck to all who bet this game.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I'm guessing the teams are fairly evenly matched and the only reason TA&M is getting points here is homefield advantage. I think Ok-St is def the play here. +4.5 is a gift.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma State for me.... would not shock me to see them win the national title this year. This team has some serious NFL talent

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I feel Okie St wins this game straight up.

Ice House

Oklahoma state has the best Offensive line and best WR-QB combo in the country....

their defense is underrated and give up points b/c they are on the field so much .. only b/c oklahoma state usually scores soo quickly.
    The defense has some heavy hitters and good DB's.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

i don't know who will win man...tough to call. too many unknowns for me.... great game though i think that is way too close to bet on either way.
    +1

These teams are too evenly matched to bet on. Game could go either way. 60+ other games to bet on with better odds!

Ice House

on a neutral field this game is not close. home field advantage shouldnt even matter much, it only matters b/c of crowd noise and changing plays at the line of scrimmage. The Okie state WR is unstoppable

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am going to laugh my ass off when OSU loses this game. Most over rated team in the nation

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    i am going to laugh my ass off when OSU loses this game. Most over rated team in the nation

thats why they are a 4 point underdog?

Ice House

how is oklahoma state overrated? They are legit

12 Last