brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Do You Think Boise's Coach Bets On His Team's Games???

this team has had just a ridiculous ability to cover spreads over the last 4-5 years (somewhere around 65-70%). The percentage they have hit during Chris Peterson's reign is so insane that I think it's better than any other team in sports by about 5-10%

I realize boise wants to win big to impress voters, but do voters really care whether boise wins by 25 or 32 on the road against some awful team ??
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 09-16-11 at 10:40 PM.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

No I just think that defensive front for Toledo was just gassed. No way did he have dough on it calling all those simple runs that clearly were gaining nothing more than a 2 to 2,5 avg most downs. Way to go Boise though!

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    No I just think that defensive front for Toledo was just gassed. No way did he have dough on it calling all those simple runs that clearly were gaining nothing more than a 2 to 2,5 avg most downs. Way to go Boise though!

Boise's been covering for a very long time bro

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

lol no... risk, reward wouldnt be worth it... he makes over a few million a year...

i dont think he needs to worry about the local mob in boise

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Oh I know that. Like you said in another thread, most of us found that out the hard way I'm one. I just always hear people underestimate them and people dont respect them cause they are from Idaho. The coaching is just top 5 in the country and they played in the WAC and now the Mtn West.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

lotta coaches try to cover, nothin new. lol at him betting on his team himself.

Thurgood
    Thurgood's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

Maybe Toledo coach betting, too. They could have just ran the clock a little but they were throwing those deep bombs that could have been pick 6's.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    lol no... risk, reward wouldnt be worth it... he makes over a few million a year... i dont think he needs to worry about the local mob in boise

then how the fck does boise cover 65-70% of their spreads over such a large sample size?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i think they want to blow people out in case of a tied record. the rankings will be higher if they blow people out.

TPA
    TPA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steve Spurrier has gone on record when he was at FL saying that winning is not good enough, he had to cover the spread....I'm sure he thinks about it

Hawaiianwarrior
    Hawaiianwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Boise always plays with a chip on their shoulder....now that they are in mwc.......they gonna be making noise in that conference.......I think he is more of a public players coach.....do u not think he knows when the world is betting on his team? they know more than we all think lol

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8006

It's called they play plenty of cupcakes; not that hard.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by craigpb View Post
    It's called they play plenty of cupcakes; not that hard.

and they get monster spreads for playing those cupcakes that they still somehow manage to cover

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Why do you ask these questions when you clearly have your answer in mind? They cover the large spreads cause they play cup cakes... they get players who are bcs school quality, while the competition doesn't also... nothing in that last drive made it look like he was forcing the issue of scoring.. it was all straight runs

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

they have to blow other teams out since their schedule stinks

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!
    TomJSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Boise St needs to impress voters and needs to 'impress' the BCS computers. Best way to do that is run up the score. Makes it tough for books to write a solid line, and as you said, Boise always beats it. But like Spurrier said: with the media, if you don't beat the spread, it's not considered a win. I think it's more a product of the imperfect BCS system with Boise St as an outsider. Otherwise, those last two TDs wouldn't be needed. With how easy it would be to track in this day and age, I doubt Petersen is betting on matches.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

i'm guessing he knows the odds of their games, and he tries to come close because he want to get awareness from the public, not only the voters, so what a better way to cover your spread to get the public happy

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by TomJSports View Post
    Boise St needs to impress voters and needs to 'impress' the BCS computers. Best way to do that is run up the score. Makes it tough for books to write a solid line, and as you said, Boise always beats it. But like Spurrier said: with the media, if you don't beat the spread, it's not considered a win. I think it's more a product of the imperfect BCS system with Boise St as an outsider. Otherwise, those last two TDs wouldn't be needed. With how easy it would be to track in this day and age, I doubt Petersen is betting on matches.
    Exactly, when playing the type of games Boise plays vs the games an Alabama or Oklahoma play, winning isn't good enough, they have to win and win big all the time.

and yes winning big does matter, alot,

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    he knows the spread he wanted that last touchdown without looking like he running up the score so he puts un the vackups. Most hcs will go for the cover alumni like it fan base is happy both are betting the game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    lol no... risk, reward wouldnt be worth it... he makes over a few million a year...

i dont think he needs to worry about the local mob in boise
    But what if he has an extended family. Like 5 brothers, 24 cousins, 5 brothers in law, etc. Surely instead of giving them nice gifts using his salary he might be telling them to be betting on Boise St and he will make sure he covers the spread even if he is up by 20 points and needs to go the length of the field with 2 minutes left.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    he knows the spread he wanted that last touchdown without looking like he running up the score so he puts un the vackups. Most hcs will go for the cover alumni like it fan base is happy both are betting the game.
    The fans who went to the game flying from Boise need to cover their expenses. You will never see an NFL team up by 3 TDS and 4 min left running the no huddle 2 min offense. Only in college and only when the spread has not been covered yet. Like if the spread for this game was -7 he would have run three plays in the middle use the play clock then get the next first down and run out the clock.