dozer
    dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not tryin to hate, but....

if you have been doing very well this year so far, you most likely stink at cappin games. congrats, you are probably up a lot right now, but in a few months come see me and tell me I was wrong. I doubt I hear from many. Books have been killed so far this season absolutely killed. Books never ever ever ever lose in the long run, and thats exactly what this is all about. The cream will rise to the top as it always does.

Like I said, congrats to those up a lot right now. I am not saying this because I am down at the moment (lost last 3 plays), but it is what it is......TOO EASY.

good luck all

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Drew0585
    Drew0585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4083

I feel your pain. Gotten my ass handed to me so far this year.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Very true

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    if you have been doing very well this year so far, you most likely stink at cappin games. congrats, you are probably up a lot right now, but in a few months come see me and tell me I was wrong. I doubt I hear from many. Books have been killed so far this season absolutely killed. Books never ever ever ever lose in the long run, and thats exactly what this is all about. The cream will rise to the top as it always does.

Like I said, congrats to those up a lot right now. I am not saying this because I am down at the moment (lost last 3 plays), but it is what it is......TOO EASY.

good luck all

So because you got your ass handed to you, that means I'm the idiot?

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Squares have had their way. He's right

El Stugoto
    Shot Caller
    El Stugoto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me get this straight...I just want to make sure I understand because I may be a little slow. If you are WINNING bets, you are doing a bad job capping!? Okay, got it now

E. Benefice
    E. Benefice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Misleading title.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe instead of overthinking every bet use some common sense. The books could put out LSU -2.5 against southern illinois and the whole damn board would go, OMG the books know something!! Pound southern illinois!!

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

good luck all

Sooooo, let me get this straight...

Since you're so "sharp" as to have taken MSU last night (presumably), and had to watch the LSU D CLOBBER Relf and Co, YOU are a better capper than we who took LSU?

This is my first post on this forum, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of betting it not to be a "sharp" or a "square", but to win money. It doesn't really matter how you do it so long as you can hit at a considerable rate. Correct?

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Maybe instead of overthinking every bet use some common sense. The books could put out LSU -2.5 against southern illinois and the whole damn board would go, OMG the books know something!! Pound southern illinois!!

Drew0585
    Drew0585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4083

Dozer knows what he is talking about. If you have ever followed his picks you would know that. He is saying the books have made the lines this year (examples - LSU-3.5 vs MSU, Stanford -20 vs Duke, Notre Dame -2.5 vs Michigan) knowing which team the public is going to pound. The public jumps all over these teams, the lines barely change, and the books lose. They won't keep losing.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Now I get it!!!

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Is this flawed logic similar to those who say they picked the right side but lost the bet?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Long term, it's probably best if the public picks win big in the first couple of weeks. It leads to a lot of overconfidence in their ability to pick winners so when everything tightens up it will most likely lead to bettors making excuses about being unlucky instead of realizing that they were lucky to start the season. Just a taste of success to ensure that the squares will stick around all season, reloading as needed.

That being said, the blanket statement by the OP is BS.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

All he is saying is the selection of plays that are currently cashing tickets generally are the ones the put the hotels on the strip. Many of you took it as a personal attack and were offended cause maybe your subconscious is telling you he is right. If you truly are winning money then why wouldn't you just ignore this post? Fact of the matter is this thread and post from doze could help some of your strategy over the next few weeks and should be taken for no more or less than that.

dozer

perfect way of saying it "plays that are hitting right now, are the plays that usually put hotels on the strip." couldnt have said it better.

look, there are way too many games on a given weekend to prove what i said true, but i imagine the person who bet lsu last night bet stanford and wisconsin last week as well. 3 bets that fit into what I am saying. If these results keep coming, we will witness the first crash of bookmaking.

you are up, so congrats.....i am not. what else you want me to say???? right now you are better/smarter than me.

i am not saying i am better than you at all.....i am saying that a 3rd grader can look at staford -19 against duke and say they will win by 40.........this just cant/wont happen very much..........enjoy your success while it lasts if you live and die by this.

you know, i try and post things that are helpful to young bucks to learn from, and yes, its hard to listen to someone who is losing while you are winning, but trust is something earned.

good luck all.

dozer

im done trying to explain myself. i didnt mean to hurt feelings Nancy, but only trying to help you hold onto those winnings.

good luck all

lets all win greenbacks tomorrow.

E. Benefice
    E. Benefice's Avatar Become A Pro!

im done trying to explain myself. i didnt mean to hurt feelings Nancy, but only trying to help you hold onto those winnings.

good luck all

lets all win greenbacks tomorrow.

So long as you have convinced yourself, no one else matters.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

dozer not tryin to hate but a lot of "sharp" plays have won so far this year as well, just not in big games. im down a bit myself but this is a ridiculous statement.