BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

How many people took Miss. State just because of the line?

I've been arguing with people about this game all week because I've seen a lot of people on this board taking Miss. State. I had a similiar debate with people taking Oregon in the first game of the year.

LSU is the superior team and Miss. State doesn't match up well at all against LSU's defense.

I was wondering if people were taking Miss. State just because the line was low....I'm confused where all of this love came from for a 1-1 team that just lost to an Auburn team that had to come back from the dead against Utah State.

LSU completely throttles top 3 Oregon. Miss State loses to a down Auburn team. Everyone jumps on Miss State even though LSU has superior talent????

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Because they are fvcking clueless. They didn't watch the teams actually play and they blindly followed a 'primetime t.v. home-dog trend' without handicapping the game.

Jimb0311
    Jimb0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

SEC game..Thurs night game upset. etc etc... Thats what they were looking for. LSU is clearly the better team and people just over thought it.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I don't know. I had LSU, and I assume you did too. So congrats!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I just never saw a real good reason to take Miss. State this week. I'm not trying to rub it in to Miss. State backers but the Miss. State pick was way too trendy. The reasons for taking Miss. State were....

-the line is low
    -the line is isn't moving
    -Miss State is an underdog
    -they canceled class Thursday
    -It's a road game. (this was the best of them all)

With that said, LSU was superior talent wise. Miss. State was missing two o-lineman. Miss. State was coming off a tough loss. LSU was coming off what could be considered a bye week.

Also, did anyone watch what LSU did to Oregon?

I think LSU might be the best team in the country. I'll take them against an average conference opponent -3 every time. It's not all about the the line. I think sometimes people over think things. The books probably got a ton of action on Miss. State just because of how they set the line. So ultimately, they did their job.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

A few of the fellas here had decent info/reasons for taking MSU, but I think a lot were trying too hard to be sharp.

I started to over think it, but with LSU's defense, I couldnt find the value in taking MSU.

thehilitereel
    thehilitereel's Avatar Become A Pro!

They saw Miss St. roll over Michigan and thought this game was either going to be really close or they were going to get an upset.

I've been a bulldog fan all of my life and this match up is usually always a given that LSU will run away with it. Of course a couple of years Miss State almost beat them at home, but this team lost a lot of its players and the defense is trash with that new DC. This is a whole new football team than last year.

That personal foul on the defense turned the whole game around for LSU after the play was over in my mind.