CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

MSU canceled classes today!

"The president of Mississippi State, Mark E. Keenum, canceled Thursday’s classes months ago in anticipation of a night game against No. 3 Louisiana State. Early Wednesday morning, fans began lining a grassy area known as the Junction, waiting for a chapel bell to ring at 5 p.m. so they could officially begin tailgating more than 24 hours before kickoff."

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...eview-tailgate

MSU + whatever the spread is at kickoff

This is there Superbowl, national tv at home against a SEC division rival.

Please, I will gladly take the points!!

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Oops double post...
    Last edited by CHAZ; 09-15-11 at 11:17 AM.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Pretty damn cool.
    Got to love this! Should be rowdy tonight

Godsmack
    Godsmack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

perhaps they should have scheduled friday off instead so they could tend to there LSU wounds

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Also, when was the last time MSU played a home game while ranked in the Top 25? I truly don't know the answer to this, but it could make the environment even more crazy.

k1ane
    k1ane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Love MiSs St + the points at home! This is there superbowl, that stadium is gonna be goin wild n State is gonna give it 150%! Plus wayyyyyy too many people r on LSU n callin it a This is one of those games where the better team just doesn't win.. Let's cash!

BXbomber11
    BXbomber11's Avatar Become A Pro!

knew i shoulda went south for college

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

this makes me like the under even more.

Godsmack

i hope they took some lessons in from partying from the best party college in america! fukem "BUCKY" we aint leavin till were heavin

SomeDayinBuffalo
    SomeDayinBuffalo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1271

Glad you guys have a full 24 hrs before. Not going to play this game just hoping it a good one

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    this makes me like the under even more.
    Just stop betting unders period in foots....

If you like an under. put your money back in pocket, and walk away.

1stH, and 2ndH situational bets are maybe the only way to bet unders.
    Points Awarded:

KiDBaZkiT gave HoulihansTX 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bigmick
    bigmick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Looks like 90% of the public money is on LSU at this point. I'm gonna join the house and play the don't pass line.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

I have that feeling this is wanna those games that in the end all the stats in the world aren't gonna matter. Public absolutely pounding LSU and for Vegas to open up at only a field goal for something that everyone seems to think is an easy call on LSU makes me believe it even more.

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Gonna be a close game but LSU sqeeks one out in the end...

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmick View Post
    Looks like 90% of the public money is on LSU at this point. I'm gonna join the house and play the don't pass line.
    Books are gonna get buried

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Just stop betting unders period in foots.... If you like an under. put your money back in pocket, and walk away. 1stH, and 2ndH situational bets are maybe the only way to bet unders.
    i hear your point, Houli, and i generally don't like unders in CFB. the only one that i've played so far this season was PSU/Bama, which was an easy winner. i see no reason to avoid an under with a dominant defense that's easily the best unit on the field simply because overs have been hitting at a very high rate for two weeks of CFB and one week of NFL.

speaking of NFL, i probably will not play any unders there this week or next. the Goodellization and Disneyfication of the new fantasy football-friendly NFL will make me wait to see how the books react over the first few weeks. that said, if i were running a book, i'd love to see people take the position that they're done with unders in all football. a pendulum always swings back.

bigmick
    bigmick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Books are gonna get buried
    we all know how often that happens

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

This man is betting State because they cancelled class! WOW!

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

LOL! Behind Vandy and Kentucky, MissSt is the least intimidating place in the SEC to play.

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    LOL! Behind Vandy and Kentucky, MissSt is the least intimidating place in the SEC to play.
    I went to some MSU games in Starkville during the Jackie Sherrill era in the '90's. Even back then, with the stadium only holding 45,000, it was so loud during a sell-out that I had ringing in my ears for two straight days. Now it holds 56K and standing room only tonight. Every student drunk and banging a cowbell.

jarvol

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    I went to some MSU games in Starkville during the Jackie Sherrill era in the '90's. Even back then, with the stadium only holding 45,000, it was so loud during a sell-out that I had ringing in my ears for two straight days. Now it holds 56K and standing room only tonight. Every student drunk and banging a cowbell.
    Yep.....and it's still only the 10th most difficult stadium to play in within the SEC.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    This man is betting State because they cancelled class! WOW!
    I think you missed my point. I like the underdog who are gonna come out and play this game like there life depended on it. Not having class today was just a point to back up what I was saying.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

The squares are gonna get the buffet tonight. People are making way to big of a deal about the line "only" being 3. State is at home and ranked on ESPN thursday what do you want? LSU-14? And I dont give a shit about the State alumni who are gonna be TOTALLY gassed after 24 hours partying and roofying and all that other shit college kids do. LSU fans are gonna be in the house as well. Cowbell? Serious? Cowbell? All college stadiums/fields have people who bring all kinda wierd shit to make noise, you guys act like Christopher Walken and the seceret to BCS title is more cowbell. The sheer speed of LSU's D will win this game like LSU by 9. Course im ICE ASS COLD.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Also, when was the last time MSU played a home game while ranked in the Top 25? I truly don't know the answer to this, but it could make the environment even more crazy.
    Last season vs Arkansas (#13). The Bulldogs held on into double OT before finally losing by a touchdown, 38-31. It was a very close game. They played two more last season prior to this one, but against UAB and Kentucky. Not really comparable.

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

I like the total score!!!!!like I like my.....Over Easy!!!!

jarvol

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    The squares are gonna get the buffet tonight. People are making way to big of a deal about the line "only" being 3. State is at home and ranked on ESPN thursday what do you want? LSU-14? And I dont give a shit about the State alumni who are gonna be TOTALLY gassed after 24 hours partying and roofying and all that other shit college kids do. LSU fans are gonna be in the house as well. Cowbell? Serious? Cowbell? All college stadiums/fields have people who bring all kinda wierd shit to make noise, you guys act like Christopher Walken and the seceret to BCS title is more cowbell. The sheer speed of LSU's D will win this game like LSU by 9. Course im ICE ASS COLD.
    Attached Images  

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k1ane View Post
    Love MiSs St + the points at home! This is there superbowl, that stadium is gonna be goin wild n State is gonna give it 150%! Plus wayyyyyy too many people r on LSU n callin it a This is one of those games where the better team just doesn't win.. Let's cash!

revnecro1273
    revnecro1273's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13172

starkville is one the dumpiest university towns in the country
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

Godsmack

Quote Originally Posted by Godsmack View Post
    perhaps they should have scheduled friday off instead so they could tend to there LSU wounds