Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Machine Report: LSU at Miss State

NCAAF/NFL Machine Plays: 9-4

I graduated from an SEC school and let me tell you that when two SEC teams match up, especially from the same side of the conference, you can throw out 60% of the stats cause they don't mean a thing. You basically have the equivalent of two cousins who hate each other scrapping in the back yard at a family reunion.

Case in Point: 2009 LSU at Miss St. Miss State's first year under Dan Mullen. MSU had only 4 starters return on defense, while LSU had 14 returning starters (7 on offense incl the QB, 7 on defense and were ranked #6). What happened? MSU nearly won the game at home, but 4 turnovers cost them the victory.

Let's look at last year's matchup: LSU won 29-7, but look a little deeper. Chris Relf did not play the 2H, State only trailed 12-7 in the 3Q, and State threw five interceptions, 2 of which were caught by a guy who is now gone (Patrick Peterson). LSU had to rely on 5 field goals (by a kicker who is now gone) and a bunch of turnovers to win that game in Baton Rouge.

Now, for this year's game (including injuries and suspensions) LSU returns 6 starters on offense and 7 on defense, while State returns 9 on offense (incl the QB) and 6 on defense. LSU has to travel to Starkville on a Thurs night where the fans will be ringing those cowbells until Jarrett Lee won't be able to think straight, and they'll be throwing whiskey bottles at the LSU sideline (I've seen this many times!). Miss State got caught in a look-ahead spot last week vs Auburn. They saw that Auburn barely beat Utah State, so they started looking ahead to their home game vs LSU and got stunned on the road. Don't count on that happening now! Michael Dyer carved up MSU, but LSU does not have a running back of similar caliber. And even if they did, don't think for a second that MSU is not going to game-plan the rush defense into oblivion.

Miss State is going to put every ounce of blood, sweat, preparation and pain that they can muster into this Starkville Superbowl. They've lost 11 straight to LSU, and this is their best shot. Next week Miss State has Louisiana Tech. LSU has West Virginia on the road. Now who is in the look-ahead spot?

Jarrett Lee is gimpy, and even at full strength he is not an accurate passer. Lee threw 16 INT's as a freshman, did not play much in 2009-2010. You can BANK -- BANK -- on Lee throwing at least 2 INTS in the chaotic environment he is going to face. He did not play great against a weak Oregon defense that only returned four defensive starters for that game, and were without their leading defensive player. LSU had to rely on three Oregon turnovers in Oregon's own end of the field to snatch that victory. You cannot assume that they will be that lucky vs Miss State.

Miss State has the talent to win this game outright, both on offense and defense, and proved it last year by pasting Michigan 52-14 in the Gator Bowl. Now they return their QB, all three top receivers, their leading running back (the beastly Vick Ballard who ran all over Auburn); and they return 3 of their top 5 tacklers from last year and their all-american candidate punt returner Chad Bumphis.

Last year at home Miss State lost by only 3 to the national champions (Auburn), destroyed Georgia, beat Kentucky, and lost to #13 Arkansas in OT. I see a pattern: they play ******* gangbusters at home! On the road, LSU barely beat a bad Florida team, lost to Auburn, and lost to Arkansas. And now LSU is without their 2010 QB, without their 2nd-leading receiver, and without an OL for this game.

In this SEC West grudge match, I'll take the points.

MISSISSIPPI STATE +3.5*

*wait 'til game time and you may get +4 or +4.5
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: linewiz

Dogway
    Dogway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I like it. Nice write up!!!

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

There best OL is out, LY no sacks 53 knock downs.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    There best OL is out, LY no sacks 53 knock downs.
    James Carmon is not even a returning starter

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

good food for thought. gonna make a lot of people double take. This is where you separate the men from the fish. BOL

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    James Carmon is not even a returning starter
    was talking about LSU, you said a OL is out I think you understated it.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Machine - where did you go to school?

ajee622
    ajee622's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

machine i'm following you to the bank or to the grave this year

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

I'm with you a Miss St. Got them at 4.5 on good ole bodog.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Great writeup !!

just dropped by to chime in that if you like MSU dont wait !!, line will stick around 3 , even drop to -2.5 by gametime.

so if you like MSU , take it right now , if you like LSU wait for gametime.

Good luck folks

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I call BS

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Since jarret lee threw 16 picks as a freshman its guranteed he'll have 2+ in this game.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I like it, but I think this will even go up some between now and Sat. I dont think State was lookin ahead, Relf has played poorly against Auburn in the past and Im sure if anything he had AU circled , AU was just better than what people thought after one game.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 09-14-11 at 07:43 PM.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

This write up is funny

The interesting part is LSU defense is better than what they were last year.

Another interesting part is Machine mentioned LSU don't have a Michael Dyer... Well let me tell you this, LSU has 3 stable backs. Spencer Ware, Michael Ford, and Alfred Blue! Ware is a beast who don't go down on first contact, and Ford is a quick illusive back who is the perfect back to come in after Ware been punishing you all game.

Mississippi State don't have nowhere near the talent as LSU!

And don't give me this homer shit cause last week I took Northwestern State.
    Last edited by ZBOIZ; 09-14-11 at 07:43 PM.

ZBOIZ

But I'll happily take LSU -3 come Thursday! It don't get any better than this!

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    This write up is funny

The interesting part is LSU defense is better than what they were last year.

Another interesting part is Machine mentioned LSU don't have a Michael Dyer... Well let me tell you this, LSU has 3 stable backs. Spencer Ware, Michael Ford, and Alfred Blue! Ware is a beast who don't go down on first contact, and Ford is a quick illusive back who is the perfect back to come in after Ware been punishing you all game.

Mississippi State don't have nowhere near the talent as LSU!

And don't give me this homer shit cause last week I took Northwestern State.
    Taking NW. St. does not make you not a homer, LSU was favored by a gazillion points.

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    I like it, but I think this will even go up some between now and Sat. I dont think State was lookin ahead, Relf has played poorly against Auburn in the past and Im sure if anything he had AU circled , AU was just better than what people thought after one game.
    Uhhh...............Its a Thursday night game!!!!!!

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Taking NW. St. does not make you not a homer, LSU was favored by a gazillion points.
    Mississipi State offense not even half as good as Oregon and these people are actually talking like there offense is comparable and able to move the ball consistantly enough to beat LSU.

The only way Mississippi State wins this game is if they win the turnover battle and get good field position with the turnovers.

But I'll bet big money that with LSU stingy secondary LSU will win that department

ZBOIZ

But hey somebody have to bet Mississippi State

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Mississipi State offense not even half as good as Oregon and these people are actually talking like there offense is comparable and able to move the ball consistantly enough to beat LSU.

The only way Mississippi State wins this game is if they win the turnover battle and get good field position with the turnovers.

But I'll bet big money that with LSU stingy secondary LSU will win that department
    I kinda agree, I dont think State will keep it that close myself really.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by shocktopme View Post
    Uhhh...............Its a Thursday night game!!!!!!
    Typo, fine me.

bigcmo
    bigcmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1590

information needed!!!!!!

[COLOR=#000000 !important]hi machine, check your PM when you get a chance. keep up the great work and ignore the ignorant people. lets get paid!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

Machine Choice

People hear the letters "L-S-U" and they drool on themselves.

They don't understand the SEC. They will find out tomorrow.
    Points Awarded:

chrisharvard01 gave Machine Choice 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Nice write-up Machine; check your PM's.

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine - I have been looking at lines and putting my bets in my spreadsheet before looking anywhere else. Every single game you have posted, every single one, I have picked the same as you and I have never NOT been down at this point in the season. While I'm not up big its by far my best season so far (as I am not down money). My buddy and I share some of our picks in a google docs document and he's down pretty big right now.

I have been feeling Mississippi State since the line came out.

The problem here is, whenever I announce my pick I lose. I think I'll go small on Miss State.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

agree.. seems like these games are always close and you can never predict

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    People hear the letters "L-S-U" and they drool on themselves.

They don't understand the SEC. They will find out tomorrow.
    Wow, I also graduated from an SEC school recently (South Carolina) and I'm also on Mississippi State for basically the same reasons....You can check my posts in the game LSU-Ms St threads and I have basically said that this is an instincts play that can't really be backed up by stats......Ms St will throw everything they got at LSU and then some. That coupled with the usually crazy Thursday-Night slot at home.

Great write-up....Let's cash this shit!

Btw, what school did you go to?

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU
    Why LSU will win this game:
    Much much stronger defense, possibly the best in college football.
    They have outstanding special teams.
    The offense even with the quarterbacks they are using are putting touchdowns on the scoreboard.
    The running backs of LSU offer power running and speed.
    LSU has much more depth, especially on the defensive line.
    Mississippi State is possibly missing two starting offensive linemen, with one being there center.
    Caliber of competition: LSU beat Oregon, where as Auburn beat Mississippi State, and Auburn is a weak team this year compared to years past.
    KEY TO THE GAME FOR LSU: Take advantage of a beat-up Mississippi State offensive line to slow down the running game and disrupt the passing game. Another good running game would allow the Tigers to keep the ball away from the Bulldogs' offense, just as they did against Oregon and its high scoring offense.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 09-14-11 at 09:51 PM.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

MSU will load the box on those " wonderful " ( ) LSU tailbacks and force J Lee to beat them on the road . This line has been at 3 - 3.5 all week with this " powerhouse " looming to walk in Starksville and beat the hell out of poor MSU ...... I am with Machine MSU + 3.5 ..... Tell me LSU backers , why hasnt this line gotten bigger with all the money on LSU ? I will say this , if u are dead set on LSU you better bet the ml .

Urbanwildlife

The line has not moved the same fricking way the Stanford/Duke line did not move last week, despite all the money being on Stanford.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    The line has not moved the same fricking way the Stanford/Duke line did not move last week, despite all the money being on Stanford.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!! There was alot of action on Duke !

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine Choice
    Think whatever you want, but I need to straighten a few things up.

Jarrett Lee is gimpy, and even at full strength he is not an accurate passer. Lee threw 16 INT's as a freshman, did not play much in 2009-2010. You can BANK -- BANK -- on Lee throwing at least 2 INTS in the chaotic environment he is going to face.
    Jarrett Lee in 2008: 249 ATT/16 INT's--------1 INT/ 16 attempts. You're right, that is horrific
    Jarrett Lee from 09-present: 161 ATT/ 2 INT's---------1 INT/ 80 attempts. Quite a difference don't you think?

Don't count on that happening now! Michael Dyer carved up MSU, but LSU does not have a running back of similar caliber.
    Michael Dyer Career: 1300 yards/214 attempts and 9 TD's---6.07 yds/carry
    LSU
    Michael Ford Career: 436 yards/72 attempts and 7 TD's---6.05 yds/carry
    Spencer Ware Career: 294 yards/56 attempts and 4 TD's---5.25 yds/carry ***2010 Cotton Bowl:102/10 attempts--10.2 yds/carry vs. #30 Rushing Defense Team

You're right, we don't have a running back of similar caliber, WE HAVE 2!

LSU had to rely on three Oregon turnovers in Oregon's own end of the field to snatch that victory. You cannot assume that they will be that LUCKY vs Miss State.
    2010 LSU D---- 19 Interceptions (4 by Peterson) #13 in the Nation
    20 Forced Fumbles #1 in the Nation I somehow doubt this was all "LUCK"

Get the facts before you steer people the wrong way

Urbanwildlife

Nice post LSUtiger and exactly. Unfortunately I have found a lot of misleading, or wrong information being posted on this forum the short time I have been here.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Where did you grad from Machine?

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LSUtiger View Post
    Think whatever you want, but I need to straighten a few things up.

Jarrett Lee in 2008: 249 ATT/16 INT's--------1 INT/ 16 attempts. You're right, that is horrific
    Jarrett Lee from 09-present: 161 ATT/ 2 INT's---------1 INT/ 80 attempts. Quite a difference don't you think?

Michael Dyer Career: 1300 yards/214 attempts and 9 TD's---6.07 yds/carry
    LSU
    Michael Ford Career: 436 yards/72 attempts and 7 TD's---6.05 yds/carry
    Spencer Ware Career: 294 yards/56 attempts and 4 TD's---5.25 yds/carry ***2010 Cotton Bowl:102/10 attempts--10.2 yds/carry vs. #30 Rushing Defense Team

You're right, we don't have a running back of similar caliber, WE HAVE 2!

2010 LSU D---- 19 Interceptions (4 by Peterson) #13 in the Nation
    20 Forced Fumbles #1 in the Nation I somehow doubt this was all "LUCK"

Get the facts before you steer people the wrong way
    Lol.

1234 Last