CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Yeah, I'm an MSU homer. Get real. I've been posting here for three years now, you know better. I could give a shit about who wins unless I'm backing them. Sports is meaningless to me unless money is involved. Otherwise, it's a waste of life. It has no point.

And as far as SEC teams not overlooking each other...LOL. Tell that to LSU! Last year they almost lost to Tennessee at home, the same Tennesse that finished 6-7 and needed overtime to beat UAB.

LSU almost lost several games last year.

GL to you Machine, but State is going to need more luck!

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    LSU almost lost several games last year
    Good. Hopefully they will almost lose this one too. But not by more than 3 points

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I have no opinion on the side but I am big on the under.

*** One thing to note about AU this year, and I only bring it up b/c I keep seeing picks being justified b/c of good/bad results vs. AU..... it is virtually useless to try and base any pick on what ____ team did against us (AU) this year - and that will be the case for the whole season. Not only is it a bad practice in general, but this years AU team is so young it will change week to week... both in terms of performance and in actual starters/contributors on the field. We'll have a new OL starter this week, I'll be STUNNED if there isn't a QB change by years end, and I'm sure other changes will occur as well. We're somewhere between a 6-9 win team. It will not surprise me it we beat SC, LSU, Alabama, etc. It also won't surprise me to see losses to anyone besides Samford and Fla Atlantic. JMO***

Sorry for interrupting a spirited SEC pi$$ing match. :-) (I enjoy SEC smack, fwiw.)

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

With all of the possible games to play this weekend, I don't see why you'd want to take or give the points on this game, unless you're just an action junky. At least be a savvy action junky and make a play on the total. BOL since I know these words are bouncing off most SBRers!

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by LSUtiger View Post
    Jarrett Lee in 2008: 249 ATT/16 INT's--------1 INT/ 16 attempts. You're right, that is horrific Jarrett
    Lee from 09-present: 161 ATT/ 2 INT's---------1 INT/ 80 attempts.
    Get the facts before you steer people the wrong way

So, in his career Jarrett Lee throws an INT every 22.7 attempts.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

You know the old saying "you're your own worst enemy"?!? I think it applies well to this pick.

MSU backers are over thinking this shit. Quit trying to be "sharp" by fading public opinion. The public isn't always wrong. This place is full of Lakerboy wanna bes. LSU is the obvious pick, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Machine I normally agree with your line of thinking and picks but here my friend, I'm fading you big.

edgereport
    edgereport's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine, ignore these corndog LSU Trolls! Ever been to a tiger game? I have. It's like going to an incest convention. Just ignore them.

I'm going to follow your advice and wait till closer to game time to see if the spread widens.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LSUtiger View Post
    Think whatever you want, but I need to straighten a few things up.

Jarrett Lee in 2008: 249 ATT/16 INT's--------1 INT/ 16 attempts. You're right, that is horrific
    Jarrett Lee from 09-present: 161 ATT/ 2 INT's---------1 INT/ 80 attempts. Quite a difference don't you think?

Michael Dyer Career: 1300 yards/214 attempts and 9 TD's---6.07 yds/carry
    LSU
    Michael Ford Career: 436 yards/72 attempts and 7 TD's---6.05 yds/carry
    Spencer Ware Career: 294 yards/56 attempts and 4 TD's---5.25 yds/carry ***2010 Cotton Bowl:102/10 attempts--10.2 yds/carry vs. #30 Rushing Defense Team.

You're right, we don't have a running back of similar caliber, WE HAVE 2!

2010 LSU D---- 19 Interceptions (4 by Peterson) #13 in the Nation
    20 Forced Fumbles #1 in the Nation I somehow doubt this was all "LUCK"

Get the facts before you steer people the wrong way
    Great facts! Perhaps that is why the line at BetUs is now LSU -6! Hell, I am not sure you can even find a -4.5 line right now.

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by edgereport View Post
    Machine, ignore these corndog LSU Trolls! Ever been to a tiger game? I have. It's like going to an incest convention. Just ignore them.

I'm going to follow your advice and wait till closer to game time to see if the spread widens.
    I have found +6 already so it may even get larger with more LSU backers. Wouldn't surprise me. I would hold off until game time.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

@edgereport, you are just another example of the fricking losers on this site who are clueless, and you just so happen to be the biggest troll of them all, which also makes you a hypocrite. lol
    Time to go back selling your avon products, which you know something about.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyraptor View Post
    Great facts! Perhaps that is why the line at BetUs is now LSU -6! Hell, I am not sure you can even find a -4.5 line right now.

Not sure why you would use BetUs if you are taking a favorite, as there lines are always inflated over any other site.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why are LSU backers always so defensive about their team when someone suggests that the Tigers don't walk on water... I see a lot of tantrums like they got told Santa Claus isn't real.

81% on the Tigers and the line is still at -3... Come on...

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Relf will struggle against the LSU D. He looked very shakey last week under Auburn pressure.

Machine Choice

Unfortunately I only use Bookmaker and they still have MSU at +3.5. I wish I had a Bodog account. I may have to open one just for this game.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Why are LSU backers always so defensive about their team when someone suggests that the Tigers don't walk on water... I see a lot of tantrums like they got told Santa Claus isn't real.

81% on the Tigers and the line is still at -3... Come on...
    Don't try to talk them down. I've given up on it. Just let them drive the line up.

Machine Choice

Great facts? Seriously? That idiot is comparing two running backs who have started all of two games, one of which was Northwestern State, to Michael Dyer who was a cornerstone of a nantional title team. Do whatever you want.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

I see LSU -4 at TopBet. Was skeptical because no one uses the book but they paid me my first payout. I took LSU -3 and ML. Worst case scenario is LSU is up by 10 and they give up a late TD IMO. Miss St. is overrated and will get beaten up in the trenches. I honestly could care less who LSU's QB is. He will be a great game manager of the game, IE Trent Dilfer lol.

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I guess I'm just a lousy LSU homer who will say my team will win no matter what... lets just throw out all the players stats. Just remember, since Mullen has been at MSU, he has NEVER beat an SEC-west team other than Ole Miss. Against SEC west teams: Points for: 136. Points Against 266 which is an average loss of 16 points a game.

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Machine, you keep acting like Ballard is a proven dominant back when he actually struggled badly against the 4 top SEC defenses that he played last year.

LSU - 11 carries 28 yards 1 TD
    AUB - 5 carries 13 yards 1 TD
    BAMA - 19 carries 80 yards
    FLA - 20 carries 98 yards

So out of 4 games he had 55 carries for 219 yards (3.98 ypc) and 2 TDs. The only other ranked SEC opponent that he played was Arkansas and he did have a huge day against them, 33 carries 150 yards 3 TDs, but Arkansas had one of the weakest defenses in the SEC.

Greyraptor

Great facts? Seriously? That idiot is comparing two running backs who have started all of two games, one of which was Northwestern State, to Michael Dyer who was a cornerstone of a nantional title team. Do whatever you want.
    I am actually not on a side atm but I have LSU as part of a 6 point teaser at "pk". I do think the game will be close but if I were to take a side now, I would have to go with MSU and the +6 that my book is offering. I don't see LSU winning by a TD on the road...in a hostile environment...in a possible look ahead game...and SEC matchup. I think they DO win the game, but only by a FG. One thing is for sure, this will be a good game to watch!

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by jbatcha21 View Post
    Machine, you keep acting like Ballard is a proven dominant back when he actually struggled badly against the 4 top SEC defenses that he played last year.

LSU - 11 carries 28 yards 1 TD
    AUB - 5 carries 13 yards 1 TD
    BAMA - 19 carries 80 yards
    FLA - 20 carries 98 yards

So out of 4 games he had 55 carries for 219 yards (3.98 ypc) and 2 TDs. The only other ranked SEC opponent that he played was Arkansas and he did have a huge day against them, 33 carries 150 yards 3 TDs, but Arkansas had one of the weakest defenses in the SEC.
    I haven't fact-checked your numbers but 3 of the 4 games you mention above were played on the road. Tonight's game is at home. I think that will make a difference.

jbatcha21

I haven't fact-checked your numbers but 3 of the 4 games you mention above were played on the road. Tonight's game is at home. I think that will make a difference.

feel free to "fact-check" them all you want. I got them off of the box scores on ESPN.com. So you think the game being at home will have a bigger affect on his ability to run the ball than Carmon (LT) being out and Saulsberry (C) being banged up after suffering a sprained knee against Auburn? I know Blaine Clausell, Carmon's backup, almost won the starting job in camp this year, so he's definitly talented, but it will be the first start of his career.

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine, I do agree with you about the home difference. This LSU team has not played on the road yet and it could potentially be a factor, and the last MSU home game was a 2OT nail biter vs. #13 Arkansas. I really have no idea what the outcome will be and I don't even want to try and predict it. All I know is that LSU is better than MSU, they have more talented athletes all around, and Les Miles is undefeated vs. MSU. Everyone should agree with these three statements. We all know that even if those are true, it means zilch in the SEC. It's gonna be a good one!

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Really like the play MACHINE! This is MSU Superbowl! Its gonna be decided by a field goal, atleast that's my prediction

mrlegend28
    mrlegend28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

if you guys need an example, look at South Carolina @ Georgia. Georgia is on a fire Richt brigade and theyre not that good, and they lost by 3 AT HOME (big thing) and cause of turnovers.

GL MR, on the play as well.

mrlegend28
    mrlegend28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

its crazy how some people are using some stupid arguments in here, and gamble lol. "you think home/away affects the running back".. uhh ya. Have 70 000 people screaming against you and have fun trying to hear the cadence, or even the play. Add in the jitters that come like most human beings get lol. At home, diff crowd. Theyre pumped. Theyre gonna scream when you do something good. Its LSU! It's THURSDAY, National TV

Ask Louisville that year they went to Rutgers how it felt on a Thursday, Thats 1 example.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Got it at +4.5 on Bodog!!

And Machine, let em talk all day. This is how it starts. Don't let em drive you out again. I wanna see you crush it this whole season!!

jbatcha21

Quote Originally Posted by mrlegend28 View Post
    its crazy how some people are using some stupid arguments in here, and gamble lol. "you think home/away affects the running back".. uhh ya. Have 70 000 people screaming against you and have fun trying to hear the cadence, or even the play. Add in the jitters that come like most human beings get lol. At home, diff crowd. Theyre pumped. Theyre gonna scream when you do something good. Its LSU! It's THURSDAY, National TV

Ask Louisville that year they went to Rutgers how it felt on a Thursday, Thats 1 example.

Way to completely misquote what I said there legend. I agree that home field has an impact on a team. I also think that having a Left Tackle out (who is replacing a guy who was a first round pick in the NFL last year), which causes a redshirt freshman to have his first career start also has a negative impact. Their Center also suffered a sprained knee 5 days ago, so he is not going to be at 100% and there's a decent chance that he will not be able to play the whole game.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Just reverse the play and take LSU. There is no logical reason to take MSU besides it is a thursday. Most teams that lose on Thursdays are the same teams like VA Tech or teams that always lose bad games. I hate the whole Thursday night road dog type stuff always mentioned.

blue.eyed.tuna
    blue.eyed.tuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine...I hope you're just bored and mot getting sucked into this BS. LSU has a huge following hat follows blindly. The most telling stat is 80%+ are on the tigers and the line hasn't moved. Obviously LSU can win and cover this game, but it has nothing to do with the "Tiger Love" logic on this thread.

Good luck...I am on MSU +4

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Machine...like the pick, getting +4.5 from my local. Good luck tonight.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

People hear the letters "L-S-U" and they drool on themselves.

They don't understand the SEC. They will find out tomorrow.
    Grew up in SEC country, went to an SEC school, and can say that LSU for the past few years has had the best athletes (or nearly the best) top to bottom of any school in the country. Bama probably had the best the last 2 years and maybe Florida a few years back in Urb's prime.

With that said Jarrett Lee can probably lose a game for them and it remains to be seen if he can win games for them if/when they need it. I don't think they will need it tonight.

aunty jack
    aunty jack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forget cousins scrapping at a family reunion, this thread has turned in to the Hatfields vs McCoys!

I'm an outsider, but I don't understand the angst here. The man made a solid pick with sound reasoning. I've seen other respected posters make an equally coherent case for the other side.

That's enough to convince me to keep my pennies in my pocket and just enjoy the match from the sidelines. Last time I checked, there were 60 plus games over the next few days on which to have a wager.

Good luck on your bets.

Sabear
    Sabear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

I was getting a little worried about my wager on LSU until Machine Choice nailed it down for me. Cash Money.

Beef_Supreme
    Beef_Supreme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10391

You're all douchebags. Just look read what you are writing and think about how big of losers you are. Let the man make a pick, if hes wrong then bash him, why bash someone's pick and get defensive when the game hasn't been played? GL Machine, hope MSU rolls

First 1234 Last