itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

LSU @ Miss St Thursday night

Give us a reason not to load up on the Tigers -3 in this one boys? LSU destroyed Oregon's offense - Miss St coaching staff spent time in offseason in Eugene to get more involved in that tempo/style of play....LSU seems settled from the off the field issues....Bulldogs will be bruised and mentally defeated from the debacle in Auburn this past weekend. Not to mention they lost key offensive line players to injury and I've heard from some friends in Ms who saw QB Relf this weekend in Starkville that he's banged up a bit from some of the hits.....more surely to come from the Tiger D on a short week. Couple this with LSU running over their cupcake Sat night so they are not as off schedule on game prep as the Bulldogs may be.

I'd love to see State win this one but from a pure betting standpoint...I don't see it happening. LSU covers and wins by 8 or more!

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Give us a reason not to load up on the Tigers -3 in this one boys? LSU destroyed Oregon's offense - Miss St coaching staff spent time in offseason in Eugene to get more involved in that tempo/style of play....LSU seems settled from the off the field issues....Bulldogs will be bruised and mentally defeated from the debacle in Auburn this past weekend. Not to mention they lost key offensive line players to injury and I've heard from some friends in Ms who saw QB Relf this weekend in Starkville that he's banged up a bit from some of the hits.....more surely to come from the Tiger D on a short week. Couple this with LSU running over their cupcake Sat night so they are not as off schedule on game prep as the Bulldogs may be.

I'd love to see State win this one but from a pure betting standpoint...I don't see it happening. LSU covers and wins by 8 or more!
    I'm an LSU alum and I was huge on the LSU moneyline v's Oregon.

This line shocks and amazes me to be quite frank. LSU is much deeper than State, they will have at least 20,000 fans at this game, they traditionally play great in Starkville, and they had a much easier time this weekend than MSU did.

I love LSU -3 and am stunned the line isn't higher. LSU fans and coaches have been publicly "worried" about this game for months - that public "worry" has definitely permeated to the LSU players b/c the campus community is so football-crazy that believe me - the players know what the vibe is. I really can't see LSU getting complacent with an abnormal short week and nationally televised game on tap.

Halftime:

LSU 10, MSU 10

Final:

LSU 31, MSU 17

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Id stay far away weekday night game with home team getting points far far away!!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

SaintsFan - I expect the fans/team to be pumped for the Dogs early....they always are. Scott Field is small but LOUD from the cowbells and all. The locals were so excited this year and it's been miserable for them after the Auburn loss. To go along with the huge screen on the field friends I know who teach there this summer sent me texts of the new digital scroll that goes around the upperdeck They are dedicated fans but lose hope fast......I think you're right on....close early but a turnover or big play from LSU puts the momentum in their favor late. Ballard is a stud at RB for Miss St but without the starting O linemen he's going to be in for a lot of in the backfield hits from LSU.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Id stay far away weekday night game with home team getting points far far away!!
    Itchy what do you think about this statement... Be honest

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    This type of folksy "common knowledge" is irrelevant to this particular game. Bring talk about matchups, depth, skilled players, etc.

A generic "it's loud at Tiger Stadium" or "Those cowbells in Starkville are intimidating to road teams" or "SEC road games sure are tough" is virtually meaningless.

For the Scott field argument - LSU will bring a boatload of fans. True, most of them will be in the rafters, but if LSU gets ahead the State fans will peter out quickly - especially after the demoralizing loss Saturday. They'll be staring 0-2 SEC West start squarely in the face and their hyped season crashing before their eyes.
    Last edited by SaintsFan; 09-12-11 at 11:58 AM.

teaserpleaser

Yeah I think its bullshit too saintsfan just that was posted in the cfb forum by another poster (s) wanted to see what others had to say. Already on Lsu rather large.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Msu will need more cowbell.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Teaser. I've taken that into consideration..as well as the last time LSU was in Starkvegas...the low scoring and the goal line stands at the end. You're right that it's a little scary but after the 1st 2 weeks of watching them both play (yeah I dvr'd the LSU Northwestern St game on Gameplan to see a little of it ) I just don't see Miss St covering here.
    I've started cold on my 'solid plays' so far though so who knows. I had Miss St beating Auburn....got hammered on that one and the Falcons yesterday.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Msu will need more cowbell.
    Yeah Scott Field - Davis Wade can get a little crazy but I don't see LSU being intimidated as much as say a Kentucky or Arkansas even considering their own home environment and big stage games already played.

Cant Call it - I was already on the boards bitchin' about the Auburn game as soon as they took that pick 6 off the helmet early....just saw it coming.

SaintsFan

That Falcons game was startling to me. I'd have been all over them except I can't bear to root for ATL.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Yeah Scott Field - Davis Wade can get a little crazy but I don't see LSU being intimidated as much as say a Kentucky or Arkansas even considering their own home environment and big stage games already played. Cant Call it - I was already on the boards bitchin' about the Auburn game as soon as they took that pick 6 off the helmet early....just saw it coming.
    msu should have won that game. All it would have taken was a jump/stretch or shift by relf at the end to plug one in the endzone. hindsight though. Watching from tv not the same as being out there , I know. I feel if they got the td they would have gone for two and won outright. Glad I stayed away from that one. It does help me in a way though, I bet au over 6.5 wins this year, so this is one I definitely needed.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

i love lsu , but there coach is pure horse sht , worst in all of cfb

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

LSU wins by 1, MSU +3 would be the play but a 2 point overlay just isn't enough to make it a play

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i love lsu , but there coach is pure horse sht , worst in all of cfb

I agree...lucky as hell at times (remember all the 4th downs) but as far as game strategy.....red zone and time management.....horrible.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like LSU. Miles is insane but MSU looks shaky so far.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU right now is the best team in the nation. IMO. MSU is on the rise and Mullins is going to be a great coach. LSU will control this game. Closer then some think here but LSU by 6-10

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

I agree...lucky as hell at times (remember all the 4th downs) but as far as game strategy.....red zone and time management.....horrible.
    I agree with this. It almost seems he spends so much time trying to become unpredictable in his decisions that sometimes he confuses himself as to what his plan is. He has unique strategery

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

This is why not to load up, LSU is coached by Les Miles......worth one to two losses per season alone. Complete moron

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

James Carmon OL will play Thursday per Miss St website

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

LSUs depth will start to show in the second half. I'll be there on the 40 yard line.

wildcorndog

Miles probably has more wins than any coach in the SEC. ur an idiot.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    Miles probably has more wins than any coach in the SEC. ur an idiot.
    More than Spurrier? More than Saban? Your and idiot! If it werent for Saban he wouldnt have a program corndog

dume walker
    dume walker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    James Carmon OL will play Thursday per Miss St website
    The mag I have does not show him on the starting OL. I'm assuming he's the back-up.

wildcorndog

U just named to college Legends.... Get real man.

wildcorndog

As far as a program miles is one of the best recruiters in the country year in and year out. I'm not sure who has more wins miles or saban but they both have one championship and miles is about to get number 2. Do everyone a favor and don't post anymore. Ur ignorant

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

As far as a program miles is one of the best recruiters in the country year in and year out. I'm not sure who has more wins miles or saban but they both have one championship and miles is about to get number 2. Do everyone a favor and don't post anymore. Ur ignorant
    Miles got his at LSU with Saban's class...don't forget that one.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

LSU by a field goal in typical Les Miles drama queen fashion. MSU will give LSU fits the entire game, you wait and see.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Saban has more wins, obviously you dont know alot

wildcorndog

What people don't relize is saban lost 4 games his last year at LSU. miles won a NC with those guys. God bless

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Thank you for informing us, i have now changed my opinion based on that stat that i nor anyone else was aware of

wildcorndog

I'm willing to not post any more if LSU doesnt cover. U willing to not post if they do?

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

No i havent stated a play one way or the other but I know LSU is due for a loss soon so why not this weekend

wildcorndog

With their schedule a loss is gonna be hard to avoid.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

With their coach a loss is gonna be hard to avoid.
    Agreed

1234 ... Last