Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Machine Report: Missouri at Ariz State

Machine Plays: 4-2

Missouri's new QB soph James Franklin could not feed his receivers or manage the offense in the 1st game of the season last week vs Miami-OH. The drop-off in offense from Blaine Gabbert's tenure was astounding: Missouri won 17-6 against a Maimi-OH team that was WORSE than the Miami-OH team that Mizzou pounded last year 51-13. Missouri has weapons galore at WR position, but Franklin is not comfortable in the pocket and prefers to scramble out and scatter (72 yards rushing last week). Mizzou runs a Wildcat-type offense that was effective last year with the threat of the deep throw (Gabbert), but was stagnant last week under the nervous sophomore.

Now he travels to a 100-degree desert hell-hole where ASU will be sporting the new all-black gladiator uniforms and the fans will have a "black-out" sell-out. ASU's defense played against some of the best offenses in NCAAF last year (Oregon, Stanford, USC, Wisconsin) and yet despite the fact that they had only 5 returning starters they placed a respectable 49 in scoring defense. Now they return 7 starters and should be much improved, especially at home where ASU has gone 12-6 ATS as a home favorite under Dennis Erickson.

ASU's QB Brock Osweiler is the main event tonight, as he is a huge upgrade from Steven Threet (who threw 16 ints's last year). Osweiler is accurate and shifty, not to mention HUGE (6-8, 235). The converted basketball player projects to throw over 3,500 yards if you take his stats from last year and project them over a full season. ASU gets back its leading rusher Cameron Marshall (5.2 ypc)

Injuries (all starters): Mizzou will be without WR Jerrell Jackson (Sr.), center Travis Ruth, tackle Elvis Fisher (Sr.), defensive end Jacquies Smith (2nd team all-conference), linebacker Will Ebner.
    ASU will be without tackle Aderious Simmons, WR TJ Simpson, and linebacker Brandon Magee.

When you factor in the injuries, Mizzou returns 7 on offense from last year with a huge downgrade at QB, and only 4 on defense. ASU returns 7 on offense with an upgrade at QB, and returns 6 on defense.

I expect the inexperienced Mizzou QB to get his bell rung tonight by ASU's monster LB Burficit (all-american candidate) and he will play erratically. ASU will put togther enough offense to cover this spread, as Osweiler is not afraid to throw deep.

ASU -9
    Points Awarded:

sheffield77 gave Machine Choice 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

btd gave Machine Choice 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

lets go machine and build off of last nights win. Tried to throw you some points but it wont let me for some reason.

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like it I'll follow you on this....wasn't gonna play either game tonight but let's be honest, I'm a degenerate. Not to mention that when I see a ranked team getting 9 points from a non ranked team it makes me really think the non ranked team is the play.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Glad I played it Sunday night when the line came out at -7...

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Yep, on it too at -7. My buddy back home in Missouri is a huge Mizzou fan and said bet the farm on ASU back on Sunday. The market agreed with him.

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

**, thanks for the write up to give me a lil knowledge about the game.. Too early in the season for me to know about these teams yet.. But, i've followed you blind in years past, so small play for me again tonight.. Lets get that cash Machine!!

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6828

Let's Ca$h this in .

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

machine gets it done in systematic fashion

balman
    balman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1451

machine.. great write up any thoughts on the total sitting at 52...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Magee's a stud, like watching him play, but they got Burdict who I liked watching even more, Ill admit I dont really care for Osweiler, something about him, but he's still learning and will improve, gonna be a good game.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 09-09-11 at 04:30 PM.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

this should clear up any doubts about any ASU bets...

I bet all I had in my account on this game

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    this should clear up any doubts about any ASU bets...

I bet all I had in my account on this game

He is 4-2 and it is a lock? lol

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

edgereport
    edgereport's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Machine! Let's do this!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Machine...you are rock solid year after year. Thanks for your hard work! I got on this one late at ASU -9.5 but 6 starters out for Missouri and its 7-0 already. I like our chances!

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

This would look real solid if ASU could have finished the two drives they killed. I still like it but seriously, a personal foul and silly play calling to kill drives. They have moved the ball really well though.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Fckn kickers- east field missed and blocked pat

fishtot
    fishtot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4082

I had ASU 1h-6, fuckers made me sweat

edgereport
    edgereport's Avatar Become A Pro!

16-13 ASU midway through the third. ASU's had some bone-headed penalties. They should have two more scores than they do.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough beat. Good luck today.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Over a 100 yards in penalties and a big turnover on a punt. Totally swung the momentum. ASU was the right call.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

What's the Machine rolling with today??