MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gettting nervous--Lots of ppl on Stanford...

When that line opened up on Sunday, I jumped on it. As I read this board----lots and lots and lots of people are making that one of the best plays of the weekend.

Why am I nervous?

History at SBR has shown me----when we line up on a game like this----it usually is very bad news.

Did the books just sucker us?

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is like the super bowl for Duke. Except their team is getting worse again. If you see Duke covering, would it be Stanford's lack of execution, Duke's passing game, or any other possibility?

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Yeah but why woudln't the books adjust to all the action bgetting placed this week. I know it openless but beyond opening day.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Possible look ahead situation for Stanford. Only thing wrong I see with this game. Not on it myself cause I didn't get the line I wanted/you got, and don't wanna lay 21. I wouldn't lay the farm on this (or any pick for that matter), but if you got 19 it is still a solid bet.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anything to up to 24 is a solid bet, regardless of how it works out it is a solid bet

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Need I remind you that in college football every week many games jump 3+ points, some teams cover, some teams don't. Lots of people seemed to be on Stanford last week and the line jumped a few points but they still covered. As long as the line doesn't jump up some crazy number, Standford is a solid pick.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Yeah, I keep coming back to this being a look ahead with travel and home factors in the spread, but still people are playing at heavily with no movement.

ExperienceWins

It OPENED at -17 and is at -21. So there was movement. However I don't see a look ahead at all for Stanford. They are focused with Luck at the helm and the team is battling to win and win him the heisman. They will win by whatever margin they want in this game

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

You people keep saying Stanford is a solid pick, but based on what? The fact that they are clearly a better team? Ok I'll give you that but other factors, often overlooked, sometimes overshadow the fact that Stanford is clearly better.

TwoWays

Umm..from what I've seen of the two teams thus far they are better than Duke by 21+ points. A backdoor cover is always a possibility, yes, but that will be when Luck is sitting on the sideline with a 30 point margin.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Umm..from what I've seen of the two teams thus far they are better than Duke by 21+ points. A backdoor cover is always a possibility, yes, but that will be when Luck is sitting on the sideline with a 30 point margin.
    And what is this that you've seen after only one week, no one has even brought up what could be mire important factors.

TwoWays

That's right, only one week. And with one week I'm not going to bet Duke. You do it. Only worry for me is backdoor cover because Stanford's running game is still shaky, so running out the clock will be difficult.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

This might work for you ,it will for me..
    6pt teaser
    Stanford -14
    Rams + 11 or Steelers +8....pick your poison,they both win....another House call... I went with the Rams +11 and and Stanford -14 like it!!!!!

ExperienceWins

Duke "shouldn't" score very many points and Stanford could eclipse 50 if they choose

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

@ ExperienceWins, your avatar is a total TKO and more!

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Duke only lost by more than 21 twice last year, against #1 Alabama and Virginia Tech well into the season.

TwoWays

I tried an analysis like that with TCU's defense and SMU's returning offense line coupled with Texas A&M losing key starters on defense.

daprospecta
    daprospecta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The line is too good to be true. I'm passing but good luck if you do play it.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Duke only lost by more than 21 twice last year, against #1 Alabama and Virginia Tech well into the season.
    so this is your only reason, stanford doesn't completely kill them?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    This is true, but last year also Stanford absolutely smoked Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl.
    I'm not saying Stanford is a big play here and Duke does look improved, but I feel that people underestimate how strong Stanford's defense is. Last year this team shutout 3 pac-12 teams and only scored less than 30 points one time all year to a very talented Arizona St. defense.

Stanford should score at least 30 in this game, the question is can they keep Duke at 14 pts or under.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

horrible spot for stanford going across the country to play a dog shit team. covering 3 tds on the other coast is never easy, by god duke sucks, id probably have to take stanford here if i ibet it.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

dont confuse yourself.....stan will be up 21 by halftime...people like Duke for their offense....however stanford's D will shut them down......47-17 if you ask me...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Traveling clear across country, for an early game....

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

If Stanford wants to blow them out they will, I layed -20 and I dont really like it right now. I would love to see the line take off in the next couple of days so I can get a good middle opportunity.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

I'm teasing it down to -11 and I feel pretty damn good about it.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Stanford runs the tables this year, you know they will get disrespected for the Pac 12 weakness, and their relatively weak strength of schedule. I don't see them laying off the gas on any games this year - especially a road game against a patsy.

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

HEY marty the attention getter where in the samhell is your picks at ?

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jackmyhoggoff View Post
    HEY marty the attention getter where in the samhell is your picks at ?
    Try really hard sparky-----you're gettin' close.

Are you seriously telling me you don't know how to use the search function on here? Seriously?