t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

South Carolina vs. Georgia Discussion

I wanna know what people think about this game. My initial lean is the home dog Georgia but South Carolina has proven to be one of the top SEC teams the last two years. I followed both teams vaguely last year but I need a little more info to make a bet on this game.

Let's get some discussion going about this matchup

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia lost a reciever, last week showed me that garcia n the gamecocks get the easy cover.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia is a wounded animal. Problems on the o-line, defense did not live up to the hype in the Boise game. They are home and desperate, but I like confident South Carolina squad.

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Let me tell you my take and I will try to make it brief. This will not be an easy cover for the Gamecocks. I have been a Carolina fan all my life and this game is always close unless UGA whoops the shot out of us. It doesn't appear that they will be whippin us this year b/c we have come leaps and bounds talent wise. We dominated the line of scrimmage last year as Marcus Lattimore showed the nation he is the real deal. Although I'm sure UGA's front 7 has improved and they definitely added some size with a pair of 300 lbs. + nose guards. In the Boise game, those nose guards sure seemed slow and out of shape. It doesn't help them either that they will be with out one of their best defensive guys in LB Alex Olgetree. Behind him is a Freshmen and a walk on. They also will be with out LG Gates who will be hard to replace on the oline. Its going to be a tough game for dogs with lots of adversity to overcome, which leads me to my next point. The mentality of UGA has always been and will always be that they are a better program than SC which is quite true. This frame of mind can and should keep UGA in this one. I think Vegas is right on the money with this line. I expect the Gamecocks to win but it should be a close one. I doubt the line will drop below -3 but if it does I would take the Cocks, if it bounces to -3.5 or -4 then I would take UGA getting the points.

Trust me, I want my Chickens to blow them out but I just dont see it happening. Its always a close game and playing beween the hedges is one of the toughest places to play in the country.

dume walker
    dume walker's Avatar Become A Pro!

FWIW, game has gone under 11 of the last 12. Lone exception was the 41-37 UGA win at home in 09.

Anyone see this staying under again?

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

With Lattimore being a zone read running back, the loss of Ogletree at inside linebacker is going to be devastating for UGA. This should still be pretty close. UGA really needs this game and South Carolina will get everything UGA can throw at them.
    Last edited by Boxer300; 09-07-11 at 03:24 PM.

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Also think this game has a very good shot at going under again this year.

t-wizzle

The Greek is holding steady at 2.5

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

There are two or three other threads going about this game. It sounds like everyone and their brother is on SC and the line is staying right around 3. Historically, I agree with Boxer3000, the under looks good but what the hell do I know it could be another 41-37 like in 09. UGA is always a no play for me, I have enought emotions tied to the game without my Greenbacks. I did use the under as my 2X play against the prick though.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Georgia is a wounded animal. Problems on the o-line, defense did not live up to the hype in the Boise game. They are home and desperate, but I like confident South Carolina squad.
    What hype, SEC hype? SEC as a whole has been down the last 2-3 years.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Although it may have been down it's the last one standing and they are the best conference in bowl games

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

south carolina whoops the shit out of georgia with sc d-line terrorizing the georgia oline

t-wizzle

Thinking Georgia wins this game straight up actually.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

georgia at home wins. georgia lost to boise and south carolina would have lost to boise too... unless spurrier flipped his visor off over 100 times then it's different.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

SC easy cover