Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

dle, that would be a big statement for the Sooner defense to be the storyline of the game. Everyone says that the SEC defense's are far superior than the BIG12, but I think they just look bad because of the high-powered offense's as well.

jaxbeachguy83
    jaxbeachguy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill mark it.... There D will be the story line for sure there gonna give up 60 to UF...... its gonna be hillarious if you watch these 2 teams play in a non biased opinion theres no way you think OU can win this unless your from big 12 country theres no way in one year the big 12 goes from being garbage to the most prolific offenses in the world... SEC QB's look bad cause SEC teams get pressure on QB's...... Matt Stafford and alabamas ol will be 1 and 2 pick in the draft..... Alabama has 3 OL that will be in 1st 2nd round of the NFL... Same with UF Tart and Troutline. ANd both the pouncey bros will be there next year.... people said the same thing about UF when they played OSU that are defense was overrated because of the SEC offense were weak that year.. Ask troy smith what he thought of That SEC defense he got sacked like 8 times and hes a mobile QB Wish you the best of luck but this games not gonna be close........

dfinn21
    dfinn21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Well lets see here, the SEC is loaded with a bunch of really bad offenses, below average quaterbacks, and a bunch of teams that run slow methodical offensive schemes. The big 12 has the best overall depth of quaterbacks in the country and the largest percentage of teams running the spread.

By golly I wonder why the SEC defensive stats look so great. Put the SEC pipe down and look at this game from a true handicapping standpoint. The SEC defensive stats are skewed. Right now the value is definately Oklahoma ML.

Jca6000
    Jca6000's Avatar Become A Pro!

SEC is over rated. look at all the teams LSU, Georgia who were supposedly top 4 teams in the nation lmao, look at the SEC's record this year vs ACC
    Clemson dominated South Carolina
    Wake Forest Beat Ole miss
    Georgia tech beat georgia
    DUKE!!!! beat Vanderbilt (did I mention Duke has a 5 percent conference winning record in the ACC the past 5 years, yeah thats 2 games )
    Georgia tech beat miss st
    wake forset beat vanderbilt

The SEC just turned out to be over rated from the start which is why Alabama got so highly ranked in the beginning, texas and oklahoma would both dominate alabama.

Florida is obviously one of top teams in the nation but outside of that I just dont see it, SEC turned out rather weak this year in non conference games, I think outside of Florida the SEC has maybe 1 win against the ACC this year?

Jca6000
    Jca6000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida has struggled with big WR's all year and Oklahoma is LOADED with them, Florida will not be able to shut down slant patterns , big oklahoma WR will get inside position on Floridas smaller db;s

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

When was the last time the SEC beat the BIG 12 to win a National Championship? Does anyone know?

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

I'm neutral in this game. I am a Husker fan and Vol fan. I hate both the Sooners and Gators. When I read a post that says WE'RE going to kill OU then I have to assume you must play for Florida?

bhoward13
    bhoward13's Avatar Become A Pro!

OU is scary and has a lot of weapons on offense. The key to this game is how well UF does against OU's run game. If OU can rip off 5 ypc, it will be a long day for the Gator D. OU's offense is 100 times better than Bama/UGA/FSU/LSU.

On the other hand, it's hard to imagine OU being able to contain the speed of the UF offense. UF has rushed the ball at will lately and Tebow has hit big plays through the air when needed. OU's D looked good against Tech and Mizzou, but Venables is typically good at game planning against spread offenses. UF is a different animal. They run some spread, but also have a dominant run game and misdirection that will create matchup problems for OU.

UF has huge edge on special teams.

This game has the same feel as the USC/OU Orange Bowl in 2004. All season long, I knew that I would load up on USC if they were to play OU due to several matchup advantages I saw for USC. At the end of the year, OU was so hot that I called off the dogs and made a small play on OU.

I feel the same way here. UF creates too many mismatches for OU to hang close. If it weren't for my worries about the UF OC taking another job, I would make this my play of the year.

dle
    dle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn21 View Post
    Well lets see here, the SEC is loaded with a bunch of really bad offenses, below average quaterbacks, and a bunch of teams that run slow methodical offensive schemes. The big 12 has the best overall depth of quaterbacks in the country and the largest percentage of teams running the spread.

By golly I wonder why the SEC defensive stats look so great. Put the SEC pipe down and look at this game from a true handicapping standpoint. The SEC defensive stats are skewed. Right now the value is definately Oklahoma ML.
    Amen.

First 12